• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS: GBA Ambassador games are revealed and up in all regions

EGG

Neo Member
Minish Cap is a great game, but I'd still be really pissed if I was an early adopter because I have already played/owned most of the games that interest me on that list.

Glad I decided to wait, heh

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ooh I've wanted to play Minish cap for years. Now wheres the notification for NA?

We SHOULD get it today. But it's still 6:30 AM at Nintendo of America, so we'll still have to wait a couple of hours at the very least.

Salaadin

I played a lot of the games on that list already but some of them (Kirby, Zelda, Metroid) are good enough that I will play through them again.

Any idea if the 2 player modes on these games still work?

Javier

I'm sure the reason as to why there are "currently no plans" to release the GBA games to the general public is because they are still working out the kinks in the emulator. Remember that these versions of the games won't have multiplayer, save states, suspend, and sleep mode.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
We SHOULD get it today. But it's still 6:30 AM at Nintendo of America, so we'll still have to wait a couple of hours at the very least.
Why should we get it today if they're not up in Japan yet and haven't been announced here yet? Tomorrow at the earliest.

I'm sure the reason as to why there are "currently no plans" to release the GBA games to the general public is because they are still working out the kinks in the emulator. Remember that these versions of the games won't have multiplayer, save states, suspend, and sleep mode.
Now I want to know when the updated ROMs are coming.

Captain N

I played a lot of the games on that list already but some of them (Kirby, Zelda, Metroid) are good enough that I will play through them again.

Any idea if the 2 player modes on these games still work?

I believe Nintendo said nope. They will add them when they put the titles up on the eShop

Oh shit, thats indeed and amzing list.
I would have preferred Zero Mission (so fucking good), but fusion is also awesome.
F-zero Climax would have been awesome, its too bad it was never realeased in the west, because its the best Mode7 F-Zero there is, and even if I love Maximum Velocity music was not really good, and characters where shit.
My problem with the GBA Mode7 F-Zero games is the draw distance is bad making the courses annoying to play (don't get me started on the "stop your car before the edge" challenge in climax). The 160 pixels of the GBA compared to 240 on the SNES are the culpret if you ask me.

LuFel

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

It`s an amazing list!
Waiting now...

Thinking about it, the Japanese release of Advance Wars is probably what killed it for consideration since it was bundled with AW2 there (as Game Boy Wars Advance 1+2). :(

No imports probably also killed stuff like Drill Dozer or Kururin, which while localized into english didn't see worldwide release. I'm actually a little surprised not to see any Pokémon representation, figured we'd at least get a spinoff like Pinball or something.

TDLink

That is a really great list. Kind of wish Sacred Stones was...any of the other Fire Emblems since it was probably the worst one (imo). Also F-Zero GP Legend > F-Zero Maximum Velocity.

That being said, I am really pleased with this list. Wario Land 4, Metroid Fusion, Zelda Minish Cap, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, and Yoshi's Island alone are enough to make this totally worth it.

Duallusion

You sir, are a gentleman etc.

On a side note: I didn't check all/many of them but it's downright shameful how internet sites are deleting old articles and reviews. Page not found, page not found,... So much for legacy.. But, heh; IGN, of all places, still has them all.

Roto13

The only game I'm not entirely happy about is F-Zero, because I've never been a fan of the SNES-style F-Zero games. (I loves me some X and GX, though.)

Great list. Glad but not surprised to see Minish Cap there. I've been wanting to replay that. One last hurrah for Zelda's Anniversary year. :p

The Lamp

Only thing missing would be Mother 3.

Other than that though, this list is AWESOME. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US THESE! I never got to play Minish Cap or Wario Land 4 or Mario Kart Super Circuit ;_;

FoneBone

Great list, just hoping to see GBA games show up for sale eventually. Would love to replay Zero Mission and Superstar Saga.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Outside of the obvious choices like Mario & Luigi, Advance Wars, and Golden Sun, I would have really liked Metroid: Zero Mission. To date it's the only Metroid title I have ever finished.

Roto13

They probably didn't want to give both Zero Mission and Metroid 1.

I have to say I'm relieved that the only Mario Advance game there is Yoshi's Island. The rest of the Mario Advance games can be found on the Wii Virtual Console. I'm glad Link to the PAst isn't there for the same reason.

gerudoman

Including Mother 3, WarioWare Twisted, F-Zero Climax or Drill Drozer was too much, I suppose :__(

Great list, it could be nearly perfect if Metroid Fusion includes the difficulty selector from the Japanese version, it would make it even more replayable.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Including Mother 3, WarioWare Twisted, F-Zero Climax or Drill Drozer was too much, I suppose :__(

Great list, it could be nearly perfect if Metroid Fusion includes the difficulty selector from the Japanese version, it would make it even more replayable.
It would also be nice if we could unlock the Zero Mission pictures like we could on the GBA but I doubt that'll happen.

EDIT: Maybe I'm confusing what could be unlocked on each of the games.

18-Volt

Pretty sure we'll get Advance Wars instead of Sacred Stones in the west. AW is more popular than FE here no doubt, but Nintendo is yet to announca a 3DS version of series. Probably after FE 3DS game which west will never get to play.

Wichu

Pretty sure we'll get Advance Wars instead of Sacred Stones in the west. AW is more popular than FE here no doubt, but Nintendo is yet to announca a 3DS version of series. Probably after FE 3DS game which west will never get to play.

You're getting Fire Emblem. Unless Nintendo decides to make an exception for the US. Europe and Australia are getting Fire Emblem, so why would America be any different?

ShinNL

You're my enemy. Screw AW.

Tucah

you speak so well
I was really hoping that we'd get an Advance Wars game but that's still a pretty fantastic list. The only game I'm not thrilled about is Mario Kart, and only because it's sort of pointless between no multiplayer and the fact that a brand new MK was JUST released so I doubt I'll go back to the GBA version.

I have to say I'm happy with everything, but I wish Yoshi's Island was replaced with a GBA original instead (Mario & Luigi, Advance Wars, Golden Sun, Drill Dozer, Kururin, etc). We deserve the superior SNES original on Wii VC.

Please don't shoot me if this has been answered already. Were the NES games the same for Japan and the US?
I'll add while the games were the same the versions were not due to a number of the games coming out on Famicom Disk System (so Metroid had save slots). Zelda 2 had a number of changes too.

I guess FE:Sacred Stones (and other GBA games?) are kind of like that too.

JoeFu

Banned
FE:SS is so different from normal Fire Emblem games, but I really liked it. I know people hate grinding and crap, but I really liked having something to do other than advance the story. I hope the others will be released on the eshop in the future though. Really happy to see Minish Cap, and Fusion is nice, but I'd rather have Zero Mission :( Still an amazing list and I love my 3DS even more now!

Number of AW games in development: 0
Number of FE games in development: 1

Now re-read your post and tell me why you think that matters.

Meier

Doubtful. We received the same games as Japan before didn't we?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Need a mod to change the title to reflect that Euro & Oceania are getting the same games on the same date.

Top Bottom