• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

So... still no random loot location in Survival. This sucks.

Quick nav stash fix also isn't listed, may have just missed it off the notes. It was definitely stated different loot would be in the same locations but the type would be randomised for survival.

Both have been mentioned and addressed in the patch notes.

Survival loot will be re-located / re-distributed, doesn't actually say it will be random.

Reading a lot of pve nerfs though, direct effect of pvp balancing :(

GazzaGSi

Both have been mentioned and addressed in the patch notes.

Survival loot will be re-located / re-distributed, doesn't actually say it will be random.

Reading a lot of pve nerfs though, direct effect of pvp balancing :(

On stream Hamish said loot will be in the same location but the type would randomise each survival session, looks like that's changed.

I had a few hours with PVE content on the PTS and didn't enjoy it which is why I've gone balls deep in Destiny now. Only thing I'm interested in is the Pro enhancements to see how it looks if they're upping the res. Feels disappointing for the time I've put in to end like this but Massive just don't get it.

Until they separate PVE and PVP (which will never happen) each one will always suffer from trying to balance them for 2 different entities.

I'll give Lost Signal a try as I didn't play that on the PTS so I could experience something new when it eventually came out, the new DZ zones are decent too.

Someone on reddit noticed the Warlord dropping in the DZ on the last stand video so looks like that's not tied to Falcon Lost anymore neither. Also UG caches have the chance for exotic drops which gives a little reason to play that (if you've not already farmed the exotics you want).

Build wise I'm thinking a skill Alpha setup with damage weapon talents. Requirements not longer needing to be met means you can have 4 decent damage talents and stack electronics for a decent heal and maxed pulse etc.

On stream Hamish said loot will be in the same location but the type would randomise each survival session, looks like that's changed.

Someone on reddit noticed the Warlord dropping in the DZ on the last stand video so looks like that's not tied to Falcon Lost anymore neither. Also UG caches have the chance for exotic drops which gives a little reason to play that (if you've not already farmed the exotics you want).

Build wise I'm thinking a skill Alpha setup with damage weapon talents. Requirements not longer needing to be met means you can have 4 decent damage talents and stack electronics for a decent heal and maxed pulse etc.

Okay that could be it, although it could be really lame if every loot box you open gives you nothing but tools :/

All exotic items can be obtained from the weekly and exotic caches so nothing will be exclusive to any activity.

I'm not touching alpha, ignored it in 1.4 and 1.5, will continue to ignore it in 1.6. Frankly it should be deleted from the game, it goes against the very core of playing a cover shooter as all it has done is promote hip fire, run and gun gameplay.

Massive should be designing gear sets that promote cover based play, not the opposite (alpha, striker....Seeker smh).

What is it that you feel is a PvE nerf?

Armor gone as a major stat on gear, that's a big loss to toughness.
The health compensation is not enough to make up for that.
Stamina scaling halved.
Larger health pool means healing skills will require more investment in skill power to have the same effectiveness.

Protection from elites removed from most armor rolls, and it's effectiveness halved. This is also a direct nerf to the D3-FNC gear set.
Damage to elites changed to minor stat, and it's roll values reduced.
Enemy armor damage changed to a major stat and roll values reduced.

Combat roll cooldown. It should have been for pvp only.
Revive timer increased to 5 seconds.
All resist stat is practically useless on gear - roll values are too low to provide any kind of viable effect.

On the move reduced to 15%
Battle Buddy reduced to 30%
Critical Save reduced to 20%
Booster Shot: Damage Mitigation bonus decreased by 50% from 15% to 7.5%.
Smart cover damage resilience reduced by 33%

NPC accuracy was slightly reduced but they got a damage boost (while players got squishier).

I uploaded this NPC video to massive a while ago and they had no concrete response to it. Don't expect the accuracy "fix" to actually do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWfN8HXUPTE

I see. Taking all changes into account though it looked initially to me like they've nerfed tank builds and adjusted dps as well to preserve ttk on both sides.

Seems to me like they're trying to push skill play and players taking role builds instead of just beast toughness and OP heal talent builds and walking through everything.

Am I mistaken or is it that you feel that's a bad direction to go?

Edit: That vid is pretty damning, but in my experience it's not often that you find yourself with just one or two npcs to fight. The accuracy issue seems far more egregious as you're often facing a very aggressive mob of npc enemies that spread out, so rushing them down isn't viable until you thin the herd which is hard to do since you're getting bombed on from all angles.

I see. Taking all changes into account though it looked initially to me like they've nerfed tank builds and adjusted dps as well to preserve ttk on both sides.

Seems to me like they're trying to push skill play and players taking role builds onstead of just beast toughness and OP heal talent builds and walking through everything.

Am I mistaken or is it that you feel that's a bad direction to go?

Some of those changes are good for build diversity, and I'm all for that.

But players who played on the PTS have reported that they felt way too squishy in pve compared to 1.5. They have suggested it feels more like 1.3 days where everyone had to stay in dedicated smart cover and support stations in order to clear the hardest activities. The whole reason for patch 1.4 and the overhaul of the game was to move away from that.

Also, this will negatively impact solo players a lot more than those who play in groups.

Playing with randoms there is no clear way to tell what build a player is running or what their stats are like, and most don't use mics. There goes your build diversity.

Massive don't seem to have any sort of planning or vision for the game, they just roll out changes, often untested, and just go with that works. We're getting sick of having to re-farm the same gear every 3 months because they keep on shuffling around instead of adding any meaningful end game content.

Few weeks into the DLC and 1.6, players will be back to farming Lexington...

Also, this:

massive_pls.JPG

I can't even..

Edit: That vid is pretty damning, but in my experience it's not often that you find yourself with just one or two npcs to fight. The accuracy issue seems far more egregious as you're often facing a very aggressive mob of npc enemies that spread out, so rushing them down isn't viable until you thin the herd which is hard to do since you're getting bombed on from all angles.

Teleporting NPC's, still a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeeLd_Tglko

Issue has been there since day one.

Some of those changes are good for build diversity, and I'm all for that.

But players who played on the PTS have reported that they felt way too squishy in pve compared to 1.5. They have suggested it feels more like 1.3 days where everyone had to stay in dedicated smart cover and support stations in order to clear the hardest activities. The whole reason for patch 1.4 and the overhaul of the game was to move away from that.

Also, this will negatively impact solo players a lot more than those who play in groups.

Playing with randoms there is no clear way to tell what build a player is running or what their stats are like, and most don't use mics. There goes your build diversity.

Massive don't seem to have any sort of planning or vision for the game, they just roll out changes, often untested, and just go with that works. We're getting sick of having to re-farm the same gear every 3 months because they keep on shuffling around instead of adding any meaningful end game content.

Few weeks into the DLC and 1.6, players will be back to farming Lexington...

Also, this:

massive_pls.JPG

I can't even..

Teleporting NPC's, still a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeeLd_Tglko

Issue has been there since day one.

Ah. Ok. I see what your point of view a bit more clearly. I'm going to grain of salt PTS impressions only because I think a lot of people have gotten used to the 1.5 meta of tank building. For example I was watching some high ranked DZ fights on stream and their was zero use of cover and everyone was strafing and circling each other, basically trying to outlast rather than outplay/position. It turned me off a lot compared to old DZ fights from launch which needed teamwork and positioning.

As a solo player over the past week, I currently don't see these adjustments making anything much harder for me as I don't have a meta tank build. Those that do will have to adjust, certainly but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I do understand the annoyance of farming for new meta builds constantly though.

NPC teleports seem like a client server issue more than anything and that plagues the game in many areas. I agree, I'd like a fix. Don't know how feasible that is though on their end. Seems like something that hurts lots of Ubi games to varying degrees.

Dr.Acula

Banned
From patch notes:

Last Stand Gear Normalization

When entering a match of Last Stand, characters stats will be modified in order to bring a more stable balance to player versus player combat.

Gear pieces:
Automatically increase to Gear Score 256.

Main attributes (Firearms, Stamina, Electronics) will be increased to the maximum roll of the existing stat on each equipped piece.

All bonuses, included from gear and performance mods, will be increased to their maximum roll.

Weapons:
Automatically increase to Gear Score 256.
Talents unlock based on the normalized main attributes.

All bonuses (including from mods), damage and attributes will be increased to their maximum roll.

All players will be set to 35% armor mitigation value. This armor mitigation is affected by Talents and Skill buffs.

Player talents, Gear Set bonuses and Weapon Set bonuses function as normal.

So I didn't know that. That's good. So if you have a gear set, but it's not as good a roll as your most optimal set, it doesn't matter as all gear is normalised. Also cool because you can roll with "crappy" gear and get the set bonuses.

GazzaGSi

Can't wait to see the shit state this is going to be in over the next few days. And no doubt the bug of DLC installed but DLC required in the terminal will prop its head up again as per UG and Survival.

Edit: deleted, wrong info.

fr0st

Banned
we get 170 free premium credits

prices in $ are probably

500 Credits - $4.99
1050 Credits (50 credits gift) - $9.99
2400 Credits (400 credits gift) - $19.99
4600 Credits (1100 credits gift) - $34.99
7200 Credits (2200 credits gift) $49.99

deadduck

Saw that 1.6 is out today, not played since 1.3...

I have no idea what is good now and reading some of the comments I have no idea if the mess the game was has improved!

Embearded

I am trying to download The Last Stand from the PS Store but all i get is the infinite loading of the "Download to your PS4" button.
Am i the only one with this problem?

EL CUCO

EU region here.
This is what i get after i click on "Download to your PS4"

And this is how it looks in my download list:
Yup, not seeing that anywhere in NA store.

Delayed again LOL there's nothing Massive can do without looking stupid in the process.

You have to purchase it in the store but it doesn't download anything, seems it's just to unlock it.

Although looking back in this thread it seems it may not be appearing on the US store.

jbortz78

You have to purchase it in the store but it doesn't download anything, seems it's just to unlock it.

Although looking back in this thread it seems it may not be appearing on the US store.

Yes that's the thing, I can't find it in the store. Survival and underground is there but not last stand...

PS4 and PC should be up now (or very soon) but Xbox is being worked on.

Hamish has just said on stream that they are aware of the DLC issue on NA PS4

Edit - PS4 and PC are up.

jbortz78

PS4 and PC should be up now (or very soon) but Xbox is being worked on.

Hamish has just said on stream that they are aware of the DLC issue on NA PS4

Edit - PS4 and PC are up.

Ok thanks for the info, I'm in no rush luckily thanks to Horizon. But would still like to log in tonight to see changes to my gear sets... Especially my current D3 build!

Dr.Acula

Banned
Hmmm...

http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-is-making-another-game-about-james-cameron-s-av-1792824753

...not sure if that means anything regarding the future of The Division, probably not.

Regarding Avatar (The Game), while the gameplay offered nothing special the game in stereoscopic 3D on PC was an absolute "reference" type experience.

I'm interested in seeing other games using the Snowdrop engine.

Could you imagine The Division if Massive wasn't focusing on it? Uhhhh, ummmm...

1.6 Update = Zero steps forward, massive steps backwards. Congrats.

Edit: I hope they are currently having issues with matchmaking considering you cannot find a full team for Legendary missions on PC. If not, yikes. What I have played, PvE wise, feels just as dreadful as it did in the latter PTS builds and exactly what I expected it to be. Thanks, but no thanks to being bunched up with smart cover and health stations firing an enormous amount of rounds in an attempt to take down armor off NPCs. This is not in anyway considered fun gameplay. I somehow convinced myself it was fun and pushed through and took two characters to Rank 40+ in The Underground during the 1.3 iteration against mostly Level 35 enemies in Heroic Ops. Sorry but the change in color of the "exotics" with a tweak here and there is not enough incentive to get me go through that torture again.

The Historian is decent, that's something, I guess.

GazzaGSi

So glad I didn't have any kind of expectations for this having been disappointed in the passed with updates other than 1.4/1.5. Existing bugs persist that were supposedly fixed, glitches, lag, heal delay, teleport in mobs/players, sound bugging out, shooting through doors etc etc dejavu. Hope no one wanted the extended mag fixed neither cuz that hasn't even made it lol GJ. See you at 1.7.

Managed to complete Legendary Times Square which was a struggle but at least I was rewarded with a Thompson M1928 which I've never had before on Xbox or PC.

Just read abit more to the 'lose no XP or currency' when dying as a non rogue, you also don't lose keys either.

Yup, they changed stuff that is irrelevant for most players now. DZ xp does nothing, DZ funds mostly useless, same for DZ keys.

You'll still lose your items if you get killed by other players, even if you're not rogue.

Everything is too little too late.

...and the trifecta, Legendary WarrenGate done. Shortbow kneepads acquired along with a god-tier Tactician's backpack (1304 Armor, +13,311 Skill Power, +50% Ammo, and 1261 Electronics).

I'm convinced there is a shortage on Ferro's mask.

Not down with a lot of the changes (but I knew what was coming from the PTS). Overall, it just feels like a bad/cheap way to go about increasing difficulty.

fr0st

Banned
...and the trifecta, Legendary WarrenGate done. Shortbow kneepads acquired along with a god-tier Tactician's backpack (1304 Armor, +13,311 Skill Power, +50% Ammo, and 1261 Electronics).

I'm convinced there is a shortage on Ferro's mask.

Not down with a lot of the changes (but I knew what was coming from the PTS). Overall, it just feels like a bad/cheap way to go about increasing difficulty.
Now do all 3 solo lol

Samus4145

Where has the claim rewards vendor been moved to? Haven't played in ages, but keep getting pop-ups to visit him and he doesn't seem to be where he was at launch.

Where has the claim rewards vendor been moved to? Haven't played in ages, but keep getting pop-ups to visit him and he doesn't seem to be where he was at launch.

Right beside the basic Weapon and Gear vendors in the BoO. Where the "Mod" vendor originally was. Down the row a bit from the Ammo Restock (at the entrance of the BoO).

Top Bottom