• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 5 retail listing at World of Games (Swiss), "tactical shooter in WW1"

That would be great, but consider me highly sceptical right now. I can maybe see EA trying this in a spin-off (like Hardline), but I don't think they would let a mainline BF go 100 years back in time, because I think they would see that as offputting for a lot of bros.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Didn't one of the devs already tease on twitter it will be modern setting?

k4n3

Banned
if its true WW1 combat it will be the most boring FPS in the history of FPS, ok now line up first guy out of trench gets shot, ok next guy go.... gets shot..... next...... oh wait put on you're gass mask.... 'whole team is dead'

640_brodie-trenches.jpg

MaxiLive

It would be interesting to see how they would treat WW1 gunplay but I really don't think it would fit the series all that well.

Also a lot of core BF fans who play the current games probably wouldn't relate/enjoy the WW1 gameplay so I can't see it being set during that time period.

It would make for perfect DLC or a spinoff game but for the whole game?! The gameplay would be far too slow if they went for authenticity.

Zeknurn

Maybe there's a ww1 prologue before returning to the futuristic pew pew bang bang? Like they did with Bad Company 2.

CappyHamper

Neo Member
I'm actually looking forward to another futuristic BF.

Guys it's actually been TEN YEARS since the last one.

This is a spinoff at most

Real Hero

if its true WW1 combat it will be the most boring FPS in the history of FPS, ok now line up first guy out of trench gets shot, ok next guy go.... gets shot..... next...... oh wait put on you're gass mask.... 'whole team is dead'
You have a serious lack of imagination if you don't think a great game could be made out of that.

WWI is probably the worst armed conflict possible to try and play as a game (other than grand strat of course).

You move 6-12 inches a month in a trench.

farcryfan

Neo Member
Forget about battlefield 5 being set in WW1 it's not happening. most of us hate the futuristic setting, but it's coming in cod and in bf for the next few years.

cripterion

"Tired of this futuristic bullshit"

"Tired of this ww2 bullshit"

"Tired of this modern warfare bullshit."

Not for me personally. I also don't mind current warfare setting but BLOPS 2 was already a bit too much for me.
I'm just not keen on the future stuff : COD Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3, Titanfall, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, etc..

640_brodie-trenches.jpg

Yea, trench warfare is the first thing that comes to mind, woo...although maybe we'd see people's face melt off from mustard gas, that would be pretty neat.

This won't happen, there's a reason nobody does WWI shooters.

Donos

Probably alternative WW1 timeline. When Aliens brought tech/ timetravel shenanigans or something like this. Pure WW1 would be very very bold.

Alienfan

I could see the game maybe taking place over two time periods, but no way they move away from the modern era - that just seems like an unnecessary risk for EA to take

NotMyPsn

Banned
Hell yeah, would love to go back to simpler, more brutal times.
BF4 just went to hell with all the options and gadgets and ac130s and explosives spam
I want a happy medium between battlefront and bf4.

Omni

"Tired of this ww2 bullshit"

"Tired of this modern warfare bullshit."

Variety is nice. Remember most of these games release yearly.

Top Bottom