• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starbucks new fall drink: Maple Pecan Latte

jacobs34

What is this sugary nonsense!

Fall is for drinking black coffee with a piece of delicious pecan pie - which I can only assume is perfectly healthy because it tastes so amazing.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Frappucinos have a shit ton of sugar anyway, no matter what the flavour.

This does sound sickly though, will stick to my espresso flavour.

CHC

FIFTY SIX grams of sugar?

That's about 1/3 cup of sugar. That's like.... 1/6 of the volume of the cup you're drinking it from.

WTF man.

CHC

Good lord it even has 280 mg of sodium too.

Wow I had no idea their shit was this bad for you. I never go, but whew.

Good lord it even has 280 mg of sodium too.

Wow I had no idea their shit was this bad for you. I never go, but whew.

Isn't the daily recommended sodium limit for the average adult 2300mg? 280 gm doesn't seem that much to me. Though I suffer from hypotension so I NEED at least 3000mg a day just to even reach 100/60 and often go for 4000mg to completely avoid dizzy spells.

I had one this morning and it was alright, it didn't taste super sweet to me, but it could have been how they made it. Also I was like ten minutes late on my pickup, so I can't review it fresh haha

CHC

Isn't the daily recommended sodium limit for the average adult 2300mg? 280 gm doesn't seem that much to me. Though I suffer from hypotension so I NEED at least 3000mg a day just to even reach 100/60 and often go for 4000mg to completely avoid dizzy spells.

Yeah but getting over 10% from a cup of coffee isn't something you'd expect if you weren't looking. That's like eating a bag of salty potato chips, basically.

If you drink this you're not worried about the sugar.

But by the same token most people who do drink this probably don't really grasp just how much sugar that is in everyday terms. I just wonder how much less sugar could have been in there without much loss of actual sweetness. I mean, there's a critical point with how much you can even taste, basically.

Ottaro

I tried it out, iced, with only two pumps to reduce the sugar. That's usually how i get the pumpkin spice latte but this time it reduced the flavor too much, I could barely taste it... but the hint of flavor was fine.

FTF

For the largest size, sure.

23g sugar for small. Still crazy but not too insane.

Just tried a small. Not bad/pretty good, but still prefer the pumpkin latte or peppermint latte for a seasonal/holiday occasional treat coffee.

I'll stick with my reg cold brew or flat white though. Not worth the extra calories to drink more than once or twice a month.

Boogie9IGN

All these filler drinks just to hold us over until the true king of the holidays returns...

Eggnog+Latte+%2F+Sprinkled+With+Jules

Jimrpg

giphy.gif

I just don't understand most of these drink companies. Is there something proven that says you have to add THAT much sugar into these drinks for the average consumer. Does anyone add 14 teaspoons of sugar into their coffee at home? Or even 7 spoons?

I want someone to sell me a can of low/no sugar iced coffee or iced tea (like they do in Japan). I would be all over that.

The Lamp

giphy.gif

I just don't understand most of these drink companies. Is there something proven that says you have to add THAT much sugar into these drinks for the average consumer. Does anyone add 14 teaspoons of sugar into their coffee at home? Or even 7 spoons?

I want someone to sell me a can of low/no sugar iced coffee or iced tea (like they do in Japan). I would be all over that.

Considering how popular Starbucks drinks are, I think they are successfully capitalizing on the fact that Americans have terrible understanding of nutrition and terrible sweet tooths.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
giphy.gif

You literally just order an iced coffee and then don’t add sugar...

Badgerst3

Mmmmmm.

This plus a nightcap of Evil Twins Maple Jesus beer will be a dizzying day of toxically unhealthy maple.

Will return with a review.

Enco

Just tried a small. Not bad/pretty good, but still prefer the pumpkin latte or peppermint latte for a seasonal/holiday occasional treat coffee.

I'll stick my reg cold brew or flat white though. Not worth the extra calories to drink more than once or twice a month.
Pumpkin and eggnog will always be the top choices.

Never tried peppermint.

Cold brew is pretty variable from my experience and it always runs out by the time I get there..

Faiz

Who here likes milkshakes?

I'd bet most people do.

Do you think about how much sugar is in a milkshake?

McD's chocolate milkshake: 5g sugar per ounce.

That's right, equivalent size, 20 oz, has 100g of sugar.

Starbucks is crazy these days. Like isn’t there a point where someone says there’s too much sugar? Most of their drinks are at the disgusting sweet point now where I literally cannot even drink them without asking the barista to lower it down to just 0.5 pumps of sugar instead of the default 3-4 full pumps of syrup.

Magnus

Just get it 1/4 or 1/2 sweet, guys. There's more than enough flavour (IMO) in most SBUX drinks to do that. I get my PSLs and other lattes/traps at 1/4 sweet most of the time and am fully satisfied.

Top Bottom