• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

Hello. I'm here, but I'm like a parasite who only posts when there's activity.

Uh...I mean I've been, um, busy with... stuff.

EDIT: congrats, bunny and Meph!

suzu

Still lurking~

Hi y'all!

I've just been working, at Zion National Park. Finally started volunteering again too. I also need to clean my room and set up my eBay account selling old bras and clothing and stuff. Busy busy.

Oh I got married last week, weeeee. I'm Mrs. StMeph now, though I prefer to think of him as Mr. BSB >=]

Congrats!! :D

SRG01

Wait hold on a moment.

I think I've been hiding under a rock... StMeph was BSB's significant other?!

CONGRATULATIONS :D

hirokazu

Congrats on the marriage!

Wait hold on a moment.

I think I've been hiding under a rock... StMeph was BSB's significant other?!

CONGRATULATIONS :D
I... don't even know who StMeph is, but I see he posts in here too. Not that I post in here that often... >_>

Hi y'all!

I've just been working, at Zion National Park. Finally started volunteering again too. I also need to clean my room and set up my eBay account selling old bras and clothing and stuff. Busy busy.

Oh I got married last week, weeeee. I'm Mrs. StMeph now, though I prefer to think of him as Mr. BSB >=]

How is Zion? A friend and I were thinking about taking a road trip from Houston and making a stop there while we were at it.

Congrats on the marriage!

piggychan

I normally lurk in this thread but to add something that's not hopefully not cliched regarding Asian forum members getting married is congrats!

670640BF-522C-490A-8E40-503D4FB58CF4.jpg

Goofalo

I keep running by this building that's about a block long in my neighborhood and assumed it was some super well designed architecture firm's HQ. Nope, just a billionaire's mansion

About one month until SoCal return visit. Full vacation this time. D23 Expo and SDCC.

i'm gonna be so tired

and gonna be so full from eating a lot

I will be there. First time, and I'm actually less in touch with modern gaming these days, so we'll see how it goes. Should be fun to walk around and look at things at least.

A little late but I've been thinking about the whole millennial vs baby boomer argument and it's honestly weird to me that it exists... like is it a white or non immigrant thing? Because whenever I see my parents and their friends engage in that conversation, it's always, the common theme is that they feel very blessed to have grown up in a situation where how hard they worked directly translated to what they got...and how badly they feel for our generation because in their eyes, they see how much we have to work just to get a fraction of what they earned . I've asked my Asian friends this same question and they echo the same sentiment amongst their family circles as well

cdyhybrid

A little late but I've been thinking about the whole millennial vs baby boomer argument and it's honestly weird to me that it exists... like is it a white or non immigrant thing? Because whenever I see my parents and their friends engage in that conversation, it's always, the common theme is that they feel very blessed to have grown up in a situation where how hard they worked directly translated to what they got...and how badly they feel for our generation because in their eyes, they see how much we have to work just to get a fraction of what they earned . I've asked my Asian friends this same question and they echo the same sentiment amongst their family circles as well
White privilege is a hell of a drug.

wandering

Banned
So this guy was posted to the r/asianamerican subreddit:

https://www.nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/jonny-kim/biography

Dr. Jonny Kim, part of NASA's 2017 Astronaut Candidate class.

Graduated from Santa Monica High School in Santa Monica, California, 2002. Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, summa cum laude from the University of San Diego, 2012. Earned a Doctorate of Medicine from Harvard Medical School, 2016. Served his medical internship at the Harvard Affiliated Emergency Medicine Residency at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, 2017.

Kim enlisted in the Navy as a Seaman recruit following graduation from Santa Monica High School in 2002. After completion of training at Naval Special Warfare, he was assigned as a Special Warfare Operator to SEAL Team THREE in San Diego, California. He served as a combat medic, sniper, navigator and point man on more than 100 combat operations spanning two deployments to the Middle East before accepting the Navy’s commissioning program in 2009. Kim was commissioned through the Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC) into the Medical Corps following graduation from the University of San Diego in 2012. At the time of his selection in June 2017, Kim was a resident physician in emergency medicine with Partners Healthcare at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Harvard-educated doctor, Navy SEAL, now training to become an astronaut.

Could you fucking imagine being this guy's younger sibling

AsianGAF meetuppppp

Do it.

Well maybe I will try to attend the next LA AsianGAF meetup. Show my wife that I'm not all my time lurking on GAF isn't for nothing.

As for E3, I might only go on Tuesday. I'm not a huge fan of long lines, am mostly a Nintendo fan, am going with another casual lapsed gamer, and were both not up to date on the newest games, so I'm not sure if we'll stay interested. What's your plan Septimus?

BTW Congrats on getting hitched bunny! Did you make money on the event?

Well maybe I will try to attend the next LA AsianGAF meetup. Show my wife that I'm not all my time lurking on GAF isn't for nothing.

As for E3, I might only go on Tuesday. I'm not a huge fan of long lines, am mostly a Nintendo fan, am going with another casual lapsed gamer, and were both not up to date on the newest games, so I'm not sure if we'll stay interested. What's your plan Septimus?

BTW Congrats on getting hitched bunny! Did you make money on the event?
I have a ton of meetings, but I'm down to meet with you between them.

Also, cdhybrid wants me/us to go look at Mount & Blade: Bannerlord and see if we can get a release date.

zeemumu

So this guy was posted to the r/asianamerican subreddit:

https://www.nasa.gov/astronauts/biographies/jonny-kim/biography

Dr. Jonny Kim, part of NASA's 2017 Astronaut Candidate class.

Harvard-educated doctor, Navy SEAL, now training to become an astronaut.

Could you fucking imagine being this guy's younger sibling

I'm everyone's younger sibling. I'm getting tired of hearing about how my mom talked to some person from high schools mom and that person is getting their business degree

I know it's been a while since GAF opened a can of Diet* Racism, so here's a taste of that crisp, clean, Western flavor: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388339

I have seen a bunch of videos of people dead in the street and nobody checking on them. Considering their history, it is no surprise they live in a cold and uncaring society.
I had a bike accident last week, and a Chinese man who was riding behind me just casually went around me and didn't even glance at me bleeding on the ground.

I believe it.
I was gonna mention this. Insurance fraud or not in this woman's case, many Chinese people don't seem to give a fuck about others when they get hit by cars, including kids as that video shows.
The video is just disguising. What I think of Chinese society is... not too positive.
China don't care.
Every single person you see in the video should go to jail. And in a civilized country, they would.

*Zero sugar; same insulin response.

^ Are you trying to get me banned lol.

At this point, I don't even care anymore. They're fucking idiots and they'll probably live in their safe bubble where racism against Asians is fine and dandy. They'll be blissfully unaware of their shitty behavior, and ignorance is bliss, so they can join our Orange Shitstain in his bubble of fuckery.
I can only assume you would have seen it eventually.

But yeah, I don't post in those seriously anymore.

Top Bottom