• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - review thread [Embargo 3pm BST/7am PST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Here's my thoughts *so far*.

Thankfully didn't have to sign my life away to Rockstar on this one (apparently, from what I've heard, they asked journos - in the UK at least - who were reviewing it to give them their IP address for white-listing - typically, most companies only ask for PSN or XBL GTs so they can prevent bans being passed down in case Sony or MS think they're playing a pirated game) and got the game early via Amazon's fuck-up on Saturday.

Excerpt from his review (DO NOT READ IF YOU CARE ABOUT SPOILERS)

Despite the huge world (more on that in a second), it also can be a small world on occasion, as the game can have one character run into another in LS. One such example (the only example I’ve seen since I started playing on Saturday) was Michael being in a clothes store in Rockford Hills. Just as I’m coming out, Trevor spots me (it probably helped I took him to the same store before taking Michael there) and asks me if we should hang out – I declined his invitation.

Haha, it sounds like this game has
Social Links. In fact, i'm really getting a Persona 3/4 vibe

Thread prediction:

1368113726727fcutw.gif

lol, perfect!

Eh, the high review scores will all be boring and expected.

The real fun starts when someone helpful sod tries to give it a 7 to farm clicks for their website/ego. Then we'll see that they gave some largely panned game from the past year a 9. Oh, don't forget the glib generalizations and poorly justified logic.

That's when this gets interesting.

Krilekk

Banned
Come on wath's the point of posting this ???
I want to discover the game by myself tomorrow !

Yes,stuff like this is annoying especially when there is already the warning of bans to everyone who posts videos or gifs in any thread but the spoiler thread.

PureGone

Banned
IGN: 11/10.

I have played the game for over 10 hours, not close to being done. I'm not doing many story missions, to try and make the make last longer. It's really good and if I had to give it a score for how much I have played it would be 8.5/10.

For people wondering how far in I am (GTA V Mission Spoiler)
The first mission with All 3 main characters in them. Where you helicopter rescue a guy

Mr. RHC

The real fun starts when someone helpful sod tries to give it a 7 to farm clicks for their website/ego. Then we'll see that they gave some largely panned game from the past year a 9. Oh, don't forget the glib generalizations and poorly justified logic.

Or maybe he or she got some valid points. Of course because it's a 7 it is poorly justified logic!

Makes perfect sense!

Eurogamer 10/10 confirmed..?

Y2Q8hbp.jpg

Hahaha, no. At least, I don't know. I know Tom Bramwell's reviewing it for Eurogamer, but I wasn't implying GTA V would be getting a ten from EG. Because I already played the game (as linked above), I was giving my view.

So, FWIW, I don't know the score Eurogamer will be giving. I was just giving my opinion on whether my friend should get a console to buy GTA V with. :)

Hanmik

Hahaha, no. At least, I don't know. I know Tom Bramwell's reviewing it for Eurogamer, but I was implying GTA V would be getting a ten from EG. Because I already played the game (as linked above), I was giving my view.

So, FWIW, I don't know the score Eurogamer will be giving. I was just giving my opinion on whether my friend should get a console to buy GTA V with. :)

oki doki..!

NotLiquid

I'm actually kind of anticipating reading some less than perfect reviews, maybe cause perfection is what people are expecting. That said considering the hype it's mostly cause I really want to know about any constructive flaws to be pointed out.

Despera

Banned
I challenge anyone to play GTA4 again. It's so painful for me, history will look back at that game and wonder how bad gaming must have been for it to get such high reviews.
I stopped half way through IV. And I completed the shit out of 1, 2, 3, VC and SA.

cheezcake

You 're actually pre-emptively trying to justify an attack on some unknown reviewer for a non-existent review of a game you haven't played a second of yet.

Recoil

I challenge anyone to play GTA4 again. It's so painful for me, history will look back at that game and wonder how bad gaming must have been for it to get such high reviews.

The story missions were boring -- but the world was still the craziest, most detailed thing we'd ever seen. The graphics were top notch. And things like Euphoria *still* feel revolutionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom