• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

zulux21

man the difference between trying to raid by wandering around and with discord is like the difference between seeing a pidgy and seeing a dragonite spawn @_@

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
after going 2-of-8 thru yesterday, I went 3-of-3 on raids today with 2 Cunos and a Lugia cap. One of the guys I work with hadn't caught anything yet and went 2 of 3 for his first of each.

Probably good for now until Moltres on Monday.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
So is evolving and hatching with a lucky egg the best way to level up?

lucky eggs during promo periods like this are great, the spawn rate is super high too so even just catching (and doing well, a curved great first throw can add a ton of XP per catch). Spinning poke stops is great right now too.

just playing as much as you can is pure fire, lucky eggs even moreso right now.\

generally the best huge boosts, in normal playtimes, are mass evolutions under lucky eggs.

Legendary Raids are good too though 13000 XP

Ashodin

This weekend my wife and I are going to have to hit Articuno raids HARD since we don't have much time during the day on weekdays to get him. Since he's leaving we need at least one

Rafavert

So is evolving and hatching with a lucky egg the best way to level up?

Like some players mentioned before, use a Pinap on a Pidgey = garanteed candy for evolution. That's 2k exp with a lucky egg + whatever you get from the Pidgey itself. A curve ball, first ball catch excellent (I know, asking a lot) is a whopping 1040 exp!

Just go around catching everything and be on the lookout for Pokémon that evolve easily (Pidgey, Weedle, Caterpie, Nidorans (25 candy), Rattata, Sentret, Marill...)

The doubled candy will help you evolve a lot more than usual.

Articuno will stay until the 31st. Lugia will stay (for good?)

I think Lugia will last until the end of Zapdos.

I wonder how they plan on doing Ho-Oh and the beast trio. They should have had the birds out before Gen 2, with Lugia being the final "gen 2 preview" Pokémon (like the babies), and then changed the team leads to reflect the beast trio with the launch of gen 2. Basically make the legendary Pokémon the "finale" for each gen, and then tie the new ones into the teams for a soft re-launch for each gen. Maybe even let players choose new teams each time a gen launches.

Ashodin

Niantic have always done stuff in accordance with the anime or games.

Lugia is paired with Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres because that's who were in Movie 2.

Ho-Oh will be paired with Suicune, Raikou and Entei because they were the ones who you could find after going to see Ho-Oh at Ecruteak Tower.

Niantic have always done stuff in accordance with the anime or games.

Lugia is paired with Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres because that's who were in Movie 2.

Ho-Oh will be paired with Suicune, Raikou and Entei because they were the ones who you could find after going to see Ho-Oh at Ecruteak Tower.

Right, I actually referenced that earlier. :p I'm just wondering how they'll roll the four out. Just copy this event exactly in a few months, or do something more expansive with it? Or just different even.

Ashodin

RJLgeGyl.png

today was a good day

whiterabbitexe

Months? I expect them right after 8/14.

Had a really good day of Pokemon GO.

I hatched some good stuff including my first Tyrogue. Only baby that I don't have is Smoochum. I got loads of 10km eggs during this event, and I have four in my inventory. I have several 2kms, so there's a chance I'll get at least one more 10km after they all hatch with the bonuses.

I did my fifth attempt at Articuno, and I finally caught it! Has Icy Wind, but it has a 88.9 IV rating. Also got a Charged TM out of it. I have two of these items total, and will use them when I'm ready.

After the raid ended, I gained more EXP until I hit level 34. 1,250,000 EXP for the next level!

Only thing that went wrong was wasting a free Raid Pass on a Lugia raid. Oh well, I have lots of time to get at least one of them. I'm really just excited to actually fight Lugia, and I'll use Gymhuntr and Discord to help me. I found it crazy that some of the people I played with had several copies of the each Legendary.

t26

man the difference between trying to raid by wandering around and with discord is like the difference between seeing a pidgy and seeing a dragonite spawn @_@

Pretty much. I mean by random luck I got 1 Snoralx and Drangonite, but with discord I manage to find Unown, multiple high level Drangonite, Blissey, and so on.

Sorry, not Discord, Slack. I still haven't found a Phoenix Discord.

(The main Slack for the Phoenix area is tied to a regional scanner. The scanner doesn't pick up certain "high value" scans, which are only posted by a bot to the Slack, with half of them linking to a pay page for access to the locations - pay PER scan. Manually posting those locations is forbidden)

Sorry, not Discord, Slack. I still haven't found a Phoenix Discord.

(The main Slack for the Phoenix area is tied to a regional scanner. The scanner doesn't pick up certain "high value" scans, which are only posted by a bot to the Slack, with half of them linking to a pay page for access to the locations - pay PER scan. Manually posting those locations is forbidden)
That's disgusting. Detroit area has scanners run by one guy who pays for it all himself and moderates and creates all the regional discords for the area. He accepts donations but it's not required or even pushed.

The thing is, the scanner itself requires a subscription. So that AND pay-per-valuable spawn.

It's weird though, since the Slack isn't paid access, so there are rares that don't show up on the paid mapper, and only show up in the Slack, but aren't paid there either (like, evolved starters, Larvitar and Pupitar, and thankfully, Unown).

The whole thing is really strange.

zulux21

My regional discord charges money for Blissey, Snorlax, Dragonite, and Tyranitar spawns (among others)... :/

mine only charges for like unknown most rare spawns are free.

the ones you need to be a donor are
(Read Only) This is a donor only channel, please do not share information such as screenshots from this channel in other outlets. You guys are what keep this server alive and it's one of the few perks I can provide to you all. The following list are Pokemon that will only be reported in this channel:
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Mew
Unown
Delibird
Smeargle
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Celebi

anyways woot 300 magikarp candy for an hour of walking.
yay nest change combined with double candy and increased spawns.

Joni

Huge local nest turned into Eevee nest. Two months ago I would be disappointed. I'm now excited. Going to hit that after grandmom's funeral, gotta do something good today. Hope the event is still going on at that point, so I can have those 12 candy per Eevee.

Makeda

I'm quite new to raids (only tried my first one yesterday) but to be honest i'm a bit confused about the orange raid flag that pops up on the gym after doing a raid (where the current pokemon in rotation would be displayed)

Does this icon mean that I can't retry this raid as the game as already marked it as 'complete' ?
FYR: This icon appeared after my failed attempt at Articuno - I thought it meant that I needed a new pass, so i stupidly wasted coins on a premium pass, only to still be faced with the same banner.

Although I've got Articuno and Lugia, I did this with silver medals. I'm hopeful the gold medals for Fire and Electric will make the next two easier!

I've been able to do curveballs however I need to work on the accuracy - what's better tho - an excellent normal throw or a normal curve throw?

Joni

Although I've got Articuno and Lugia, I did this with silver medals. I'm hopeful the gold medals for Fire and Electric will make the next two easier!

I've been able to do curveballs however I need to work on the accuracy - what's better tho - an excellent normal throw or a normal curve throw?
They are about equal, each 1.7 modifier. The excellent might become a bit better the smaller the circle is.

Awayze

Neo Member
I can't get any of these birds, not enough groups and the one I got into last night after wasting fuel, it was with 4 people using Pokemons like Wobbuffet and Electabuzz to take down a Lugia lol.

Wanted to stardust farm tonight before the event ends but it's been bucketing down for hours :(

Might get up early and get one last sesh in before the 10am end time. Want 150k stardust on hand to power up one each of Moltres and Zapdos.

Top Bottom