• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

JusDoIt

All Japanese voices. It's the only way. I wish the game announcers spoke Japanese. I wish Ed's rap was in Japanese so I couldn't understand how weak them rhymes were.

Sometimes I go into my system settings and change my language to Japanese just so I can be confused by everything. It's like playing NES games without a manual all over again.

sephi22

Dislike them all but I'll give you Balrog, he's cool.
What?
I understand some people are weebs who only like glorious Nippon voices and hate baka gaijin bad dubs, but none of those VOs quoted are bad. They are great to excellent.
I can understand being indifferent to them but why do you dislike them? Just curious. Not saying you're a weeb.

EDIT: Scratch that. Ed, Kolin and Birdie I can see why. Ed is just a whiny bitch in English. Kolin and Birdie have fake TV accents going on. But Guile, Rashid and Cammy are excellent

Not saying you're a weeb.
Then I'll do it for you.
All Japanese voices. It's the only way. I wish the game announcers spoke Japanese. I wish Ed's rap was in Japanese so I couldn't understand how weak them rhymes were.

Sometimes I go into my system settings and change my language to Japanese just so I can be confused by everything..

Dislike them all but I'll give you Balrog, he's cool.
Ya weebs.

Spman2099

What?
I understand some people are weebs who only like glorious Nippon voices and hate baka gaijin bad dubs, but none of those VOs quoted are bad. They are great to excellent.
I can understand being indifferent to them but why do you dislike them? Just curious. Not saying you're a weeb.

Yikes.

Every time I see a B-Boy Ryu, I'm just not gonna run it back, win or lose.

They all play the same, and it's the shitty ass "crossup and spam mp until you can hit the target combo" playstyle that makes you pull your hair out like the "ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK" Kens.

#NotAllBBoys

My game-plan is nowhere near that sophisticated. Just ask Reizo Ryuu.

sephi22

Yeah, that's my reaction when I'm around them too. My last roommate was like that.

Also, it's you! You offered me advice on fighting Balrog in January and never replied to my PM. Didn't know you still played this game. Don't know what grand wisdom you had to offer but I was able to rise to 5100LP without it.

Village

Abigail might be the first character whose English VA is superior to the Japanese Dub, I feel

It suits him so perfectly.

One, I think multiple characters are bettter

Also chun li is laura bailey, her english VA will always be better. There wasn't any compition

Going by the CFN post that Ryce linked to, it looks like FutureTecks almost made it into the game (number 8):
Rashid_Sports.jpg

This quote is killing me.

It's like he just recently discovered a thesaurus.

It is glorious word salad.

Rymuth

Seems I've really riled up people with my thread. I'm being accused of 'hailcorporate' shilling on the CFN/Sports thread.

You know, when I said I was shilling to Luce, I meant it in our usual verbal sparring exercise. It wasn't an admission 😲

Honestly threads outside of community are a minefield of frustration.
FTFY

Seems I've really riled up people with my thread. I'm being accused of 'hailcorporate' shilling on the CFN/Sports thread.

You know, when I said I was shilling to Luce, I meant it in our usual verbal sparring exercise. It wasn't an admission ��
You can't fool me, I know about the 4$ paycheck Ono mails you every month!

Wait, which thread? Didn't see anything in the DLC one.
We need another hailcorporate thread to tell us if we get Abigail and do his easy and normal survival modes, his demonstration, and character story, and then receive the free 30k FM, we almost have enough for one of the stages they added. Yay!

sephi22

You know, when I said I was shilling to Luce, I meant it in our usual verbal sparring exercise. It wasn't an admission 😲

The complaints about FM are some of the dumbest ones I've read. There are legit reasons to complain about in this game that people don't need to make up new ones like MMO grind or whatever.
With the last two weeks of missions, and Abigail's Demonstrations,Trials,Story, and 2x Survival (Easy, Medium) I'm able to afford his Story costume.

Don't know what people want. DLC prices are too high. Fight Money is too grindey. We're too bad to play online or beat Survival. Give us everything for free, please.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The whole system was a mistake, people see what a character costs and what they have to do and it's like a work hours equation in their head when it should be seen as a bonus.

I bet you if they would've gives the same amount of stuff out as random gifts or in a chest + key system, it would be seen as a succes. It's just how people are.

The FM system is a very good system IMO but as is the case with many things, it was just implemented horribly at the start.

When the game launched, the most reliable way to get FM was Survival. And we know how fun that was when you also combine it with servers that randomly logged you out.

But they've fixed a lot of those issues, added a lot of new avenues to earn FM and a lot of stuff to spend your FM on. The system is slowly but surely becoming a very solid system IMO and the game as a product is becoming a much more worthwhile 60$ purchase.

Some of the SF5 complaints really piss me off. At least complain about the things that deserve hate, like the balance and the clipping and the shitty presentation (at times) and the garbage netcode. When people complain about the legit good parts about the game like the animations, the music, the sound and the overall "feel" of the game it just pisses me off.

Good idea, bad implementation describes a lot about SFV and its infrastructure.

It's slowly getting better, but whew!

But I can't disagree about the good points you mention.

Though i do think that they should consider making either very old costumes available through FM as well or release another story costume, at least for the more underrepresented members of the cast.

Though i do think that they should consider making either very old costumes available through FM as well or release another story costume, at least for the more underrepresented members of the cast.
Or, like, have a damn sale sometime.

They could also let players choose one premium costume that they'd be allowed to purchase with fight money. That would be cool. (And would also promote further purchases, as once you get people started, it instills an urge to get even more.)

Sales, make your own bundles (pick any 3 costumes not part of the CPT bundle and get them for 10$ instead of 12$), letting old costumes be available through FM, make certain costumes available through FM as well for a limited time.

There's a lot they can do. But Capcpom. Also like I said in previous OTs, super premium costumes (or whatever they call it)

What do you guys think of the concept of "Premium Skins" for this game?

A skin that not only changes the look of the character but also the look of some special moves.

I'm imagining Violent Ken as a Premium Skin. Some slight ambient purple particle effects on the character, change the skin (obviously), add a filter to the voice (like Nightmare Geese in KoF XIV) and finally make all the fire effects purple. Evil Ryu would work similarly.

Also imagining Heel Rainbow Mika. Not just change the skin, but also change Nadeshiko entirely too, making her look completely different. Maybe add a particle effect to her command grab or something?

The Patriot skin for Guile. Adds a cape to his outfit that has a drawing of a Bald Eagle. His booms are now red,white and blue. When he combs his hair in his post-win screen, small Red/White/Blue fireworks happen in the background.

Bionic Commando skin for Balrog. Replaces his arms with Bionic arms. Only gameplay changes are that he says BIOONNIIIICCC AAARRRRRMMMM in his CA instead of whatever he says now.

Gentleman skin for Birdie. Birdie is now dressed like an Aristocrat. He throws a bottle of wine on the floor instead of a can. He eats a cake instead of a burger.

Sayad

What?
I blame those for losing English VA in Xrd! It's still silly seeing someone calling out weebs while rocking a DBZ avatar though.

The whole system was a mistake, people see what a character costs and what they have to do and it's like a work hours equation in their head when it should be seen as a bonus.

I bet you if they would've gives the same amount of stuff out as random gifts or in a chest + key system, it would be seen as a succes. It's just how people are.
They will start appreciating SFV's system when MvCI comes out.

They could also let players choose one premium costume that they'd be allowed to purchase with fight money. That would be cool. (And would also promote further purchases, as once you get people started, it instills an urge to get even more.)
This should have been the reward for launch buyers instead of forcing a Chun/Ryu costume on people. A lot of people don't even use those characters, so it came across as an empty gesture.
Abigail might be the first character whose English VA is superior to the Japanese Dub, I feel

Shut yo mouf

Alex English VA is 100% pure New Yorker, losah.

sephi22

I blame those for losing English VA in Xrd! It's still silly seeing someone calling out weebs while rocking a DBZ avatar though.

DBZ is as American as gun violence and apple pie. Also I always take my DBZ with manly English voices and not grandma Japanese ones.

sephi22

Didn't want to derail the other thread, but has anyone noticed this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244634214&postcount=300
?
(The user says the game is dropping sounds now in a match)

That would mean they've changed something about the netcode. It has been a big problem in SFxT.
Indeed. Noticed it a lot in a stream (forgot if it was fl0e or ISDD).
Also happened to me an hour ago on battle lounge. Ryu would dragon punch me but the corresponding sound wouldn't play.

Tan

I've been noticing the sound issues since they first showed Abigail on WSO. I thought it was an abigail problem but is it more than that? I really hope they fix it because it's rough trying to react to stuff without sound.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Weird! Try resetting it with option and share button held together for ten seconds while plugged in.

Weird issue solved!

I had to turn the controller on PC mode AND disable all Steam Controller stuff. I never turned anything on, but it must go on when you plug a controller in by default. That fixed it. Now to learn how to not suck with a stick!

Blueblur1

I had the sound issue happen last night too. I used Ryu's Super and he didn't say the name. At the time I thought it happened because it was one of the laggiest matches I've ever had.

Marvel

could never
I thought it might have been my tv's audio skipping due to game mode, sometimes it can do that. But I have definitely not heard EX or super's in full at least twice since Abi dropped.

jett

D-Member

I changed Abigail to JP just for the ora x40

changing balrog's VA to JP in SFV? smh I hope you all hold these TAP's

Didn't want to derail the other thread, but has anyone noticed this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=244634214&postcount=300
?
(The user says the game is dropping sounds now in a match)

That would mean they've changed something about the netcode. It has been a big problem in SFxT.

Yea this happened to me a lot as well. Mainly on the new CFN stage

Top Bottom