• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Foxxsoxx

I don't know why but Alpha Packs makes the game feel a lot more rewarding and much less frustrating to play.

Guess I'm not quitting yet...

So, I just ordered this game for my PS4. Is it possible to play this without a pre-made team? Or I'm basically fcked?

How is the learning curve?

jkupper

Neo Member
When do we get the new operators? Is there a usual day of the month?

Usually not till after the Pro League season finals which are August 25-27. So if I had to guess maybe new season starts on August 29th or September 5th since I think new content is usually on Tuesdays.

those lighting fixes are a game changer.

I know they intend to do a Year 3 and Year 4, so if it gets to that, Op Health is going to be great

No more years plz Ubi. Give me Rainbow 7 plz Ubi. This game and it's community need to be cut loose.
What, why? They should keep this game for at least 2 more years thanks to its competitive scene (and because I just bought it).

Looks like I found another 2 friends to play with. I won't be a lone wolf after all.

What’s wrong with the sound? I’ve always thought it was incredible.

The way it works is quite weird. Sound doesn't go through walls so much as travels through the nearest openings in walls (doors, windows, holes, etc). It especialliy weird with destruction in floors.
If there's a hole in the floor and your standing on it with somebody below you, they sound like they're next to you/behind you and not underneath you.

They're finally fixing the derpy faces!

valkyrieba_296939.jpg

Source

Also some possible leaks

ynrh1dep2ecz.jpg

pPW2Rm1.png

58d649ca9c.jpg

Found them on the subreddit

Ardenyal

The second one looks like something Wildlands character creator would spit out. Can't recreate it in Wildlands though, don't know if I needed some DLC.

Also barrel has wayyyy too many polygons on the barrel for an ingame model.

I'm calling it fake for now.

Erban1

The way it works is quite weird. Sound doesn't go through walls so much as travels through the nearest openings in walls (doors, windows, holes, etc). It especialliy weird with destruction in floors.
If there's a hole in the floor and your standing on it with somebody below you, they sound like they're next to you/behind you and not underneath you.

Yep, seems like it works well on the horizontal plane but things get wonky when the sound source is above or below.

I am absolutely wrecking fools with Blitz. Feels so fun to play him again.

I just love how everyone underestimates and challenges me.

Bam! Get flashed. Waste your bullets while I sidestep you and finish you with casual pistol shots.

It a ton of fun and the C4 resistance makes him damn scary.

I still wish I could get a dot sight on the pistol though

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The matchmaking is so fast, but man the teams are always an unbalanced mess in casual. I've been on a 7 game losing streak. My team mates are always new players against teams of experienced players.

The matchmaking is so fast, but man the teams are always an unbalanced mess in casual. I've been on a 7 game losing streak. My team mates are always new players against teams of experienced players.

Yeah, I'm always versing inexperienced teams and it's disappointing for everyone involved. Feel bad when my friend and I come across a team of clearly new people and destroy them.

Auctopus

I caught up on some Macie Jay videos today, I've been letting them slip due to not enjoying the game as much as I used to. Noticed a couple things, the amount that Macie drop-shots and peeks/spawn-peeks has increased dramatically and their presence in the video is noticeable.

I know most people in this thread believe that sort of playing is just "part of the game" but for me, it's just kind of confirmed that the meta is moving away from what I enjoy about the game. I don't know whether Macie was influenced by the community or vice versa but it explains the sort of players I've been encountering in the game for the last month or so. It's feels to me like it's at an all-time high.

Further, I think the more popular this game becomes and the more players it "steals" from other franchises, the more similar to Shipment on COD4 matches will begin to feel like.

Ardenyal

I caught up on some Macie Jay videos today, I've been letting them slip due to not enjoying the game as much as I used to. Noticed a couple things, the amount that Macie drop-shots and peeks/spawn-peeks has increased dramatically and their presence in the video is noticeable.

I know most people in this thread believe that sort of playing is just "part of the game" but for me, it's just kind of confirmed that the meta is moving away from what I enjoy about the game. I don't know whether Macie was influenced by the community or vice versa but it explains the sort of players I've been encountering in the game for the last month or so. It's feels to me like it's at an all-time high.

Further, I think the more popular this game becomes and the more players it "steals" from other franchises, the more similar to Shipment on COD4 matches will begin to feel like.

Macie is not a pro, hes a pub stomper. Catching people off guard is what gets him most success.

Drop shots should be nerfed though. Don't know what you can do about peekers advantage without affecting the core movement. Adding inertia would make the movement more predictable for the netcode and eliminate jiggle peek but I don't know if devs want that.

CrayToes

Dropshotting needs to fucking go. Ash needs to have a bigger hitbox. Jàger needs to be 2 speed/not have acog. Auctopus needs to stop being a salty bitch.

Dropshotting needs to fucking go. Ash needs to have a bigger hitbox. Jàger needs to be 2 speed/not have acog. Auctopus needs to stop being a salty bitch.

Maybe I'm just a contrarian little bitch, but I don't think Ash, Hibana, Jager, etc. need any nerfs and I think dropshotting is fine as it is. They just need to sort their hit detection and netcode out.

I would be a-okay with Ash becoming a 2 armour/2 speed and Twitch becoming a 3 speed/1 armour though.

Maybe I'm just a contrarian little bitch, but I don't think Ash, Hibana, Jager, etc. need any nerfs and I think dropshotting is fine as it is. They just need to sort their hit detection and netcode out.

I would be a-okay with Ash becoming a 2 armour/2 speed and Twitch becoming a 3 speed/1 armour though.

Twitch and Ash have two of the best guns in the game. Swaping their speeds like that is just going to replace thier roles as the 3 speed run and gunner. There wouldn't be much point in that change really. I agree with your point about dropshotting being fine because more often than not it gets the dropshotter killed.
The only real issues I have with hitting 3speeds comes when they are moving at mach 5 being boosted by their static 200 ping. Sometimes I wonder whether ubisoft even has servers in the Middle East because the number of people I see playing Ash or Bandit with +200 ping whilst sponsored by KSA is pretty rediculous. They aren't even queueing with anyone so they just randomly get put here for some reason (UK here).

Also, I've never seen Macie Jay dropshot on purpose (yes he's done it by accident) but he always says there's a way to counter spawn peaking and has shown in his streams and his vids that spawn peaking is a free kill for attackers. He only really spawn peaks when he's bored and playing lower ranks because he's playing with his viewers.

Fury451

Banned
If I didn't have to thread a needle with a bullet to get a headshot on Ash I would otherwise say she's fine. The ping problem that makes her precognitive is another story, but I don't really blame her build for that.

Jager's gun being the only one of it's class for the Defenders is kinda shitty, but he's the only consistently good long range Defender imo, so I'm less annoyed with him than Ash.

It is weird that drop shotting seems to be a new thing, since I presume it was always possible but I never did it. It would be nice if they slowed that, it's not really something I like in a game that's not CoD.

Ash needs some kind of nerf. Her head being so small is criminal, and it's just disgusting how fast she is. I absolutely hate getting killed by Ash players who rush and strafe like mad.

And I agree about drop shotting. I hope they introduce a BF-like penalty or solution.

nOoblet16

I think the absolute best way to discourage drop shotting would be to change the animations a bit so that you can't aim/shoot and move at the same time. Something like Battlefield where your gun won't get ready until you are totally prone.
Apart from this the other thing they can add is that once you are prone you can only ADS so long as you are staying still (you can still shoot and aim your cursor but not ADS). No more ADS and omni directional crawling at the same time.

Two changes that I'd like adde in.

They're finally fixing the derpy faces!

valkyrieba_296939.jpg

Source

Also some possible leaks

Yes Operation health redeemed !
Between this and the lighting fix I am very happy.

TheKeyPit

Banned
lol

Getting wrecked by teams with multiple gold ranks and twice my level. Yeah, that's what I call a fun experience, not.

3v5 - Two complete rounds where we didn't get additional players.

lol

Getting wrecked by teams with multiple gold ranks and twice my level. Yeah, that's what I call a fun experience, not.

3v5 - Two complete rounds where we didn't get additional players.

Afaik, you don't get additional team members on the match point rounds (if that's true). So maybe had something to do with it. But yeah, matchmaking is bizzare with pairing people. Fast, but really not fair.

Top Bottom