• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Lulu23

Hutt contracts still show up wrong at the end of a round.

Also, one thing that has always bothered me is that DICE doesn't show you your assignments (Battlefield's equivalent to Hutt contracts) while in a game.
They at least show up in the options menu, but progress is only shown in percent.
Please DICE, find a way that when you buy a contract (or start an assignment in the next BF), it will be tracked so that you can see your progress and what you have left to do while in a game.

aidanphantom

Neo Member
Is anyone else having issues with Heroes vs. Villains after the patch?

I've had 2 entire matches now where I haven't had a chance to play as the hero and my team only had 1 or 2 heroes for each of the rounds.

5taquitos

I don't think I "get" the DLT-19X. You pretty much need a headshot, in which case you would have been better off with the T21 or the T21B because of the cool down. Cooling Cell seems to be only useful charge, maybe even necessary.

I think it needs a quicker or more forgiving active reload to be useful.

The Relby feels a little better now as a four-shot though.

Ozorov

I don't think I "get" the DLT-19X. You pretty much need a headshot, in which case you would have been better off with the T21 or the T21B because of the cool down. Cooling Cell seems to be only useful charge, maybe even necessary.

I think it needs a quicker or more forgiving active reload to be useful.

The Relby feels a little better now as a four-shot though.

DLT-19X could be good on PC atleast

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Yeah, that's a good point, and something I actually thought while using it last night. If I was playing on PC, it would be a way more effective weapon.
Nah it's still crap, I've died to it maybe a handful of times and most of those were no scopes. Cycler rifle already fulfills it's role and then some. Sure it takes a little longer between shots, but at least if you do miss the headshot you can finish them off with your main weapon.
I'm pretty sure it purely exists to keep the people who normally snipe 24/7 something to use.

5taquitos

Nah it's still crap, I've died to it maybe a handful of times and most of those were no scopes. Cycler rifle already fulfills it's role and then some. Sure it takes a little longer between shots, but at least if you do miss the headshot you can finish them off with your main weapon.
I'm pretty sure it purely exists to keep the people who normally snipe 24/7 something to use.

I just wish it were more effective. I'm not much of a sniper, but I love a good "bolt action" gun, which this could totally be.

Orcus

I think the strangest bug that is still in the game is the one that unequips my trait card every time I start the game up.
Not game braking by any means, but it's super annoying because it continually reminds me that I'm a dumb-ass who can't remember to equip his trait card.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Is the map rotation random or in a certain order?

I am not sure to tell you the truth. It maybe be a certain order, but depending on what server cluster it connects you to, may depend on what part they are on.

Especially if you are backing out to re-ping for the new mode.

Ozorov

Dioxis buff
Peter-Griffin-Thumbs-up-2.png

Bacta bomb
Peter-Griffin-Thumbs-up-2.png

Still can't play Extraction only without have to leave now and then
187804db4447fdef64b15338c5a8eee1.jpg

MrDaravon

How is matchmaking handled for people who have the paid DLC versus those that don't? Just got my PS4 copy, won't be able to get the Pass until next week, am I totally borked aka do the vast majority of the people still playing have the DLC?

5taquitos

How is matchmaking handled for people who have the paid DLC versus those that don't? Just got my PS4 copy, won't be able to get the Pass until next week, am I totally borked aka do the vast majority of the people still playing have the DLC?
You play vanilla like normal or you join a special DLC-only playlist. Plenty of people playing both on PS4.

MrDaravon

You play vanilla like normal or you join a special DLC-only playlist. Plenty of people playing both on PS4.

Good to know. So it's separate hoppers altogether, they don't try to do the thing where it just matches you automatically with other people based on what DLC you have?

Just bought BF:Hardline in the sale. Liking it so far, but fuck me, I have to get used not having a Jump Pack. Battlefront is the only shooter I've been playing since it released and it has become second nature to use the jump pack. Been wasting a lot of grenades in hardline :)

5WWHpLdLnDDhK.gif

Just bought BF:Hardline in the sale. Liking it so far, but fuck me, I have to get used not having a Jump Pack. Battlefront is the only shooter I've been playing since it released and it has become second nature to use the jump pack. Been wasting a lot of grenades in hardline :)

So much better than BF4. I can't believe I wasted as much time as I did.

5taquitos

Good to know. So it's separate hoppers altogether, they don't try to do the thing where it just matches you automatically with other people based on what DLC you have?

Yeah, it's a completely separate hopper you pick from the multiplayer menu. You also play through a specific assortment of modes instead of picking one mode.

0dp3CSW.jpg

Most intense round of Supremacy I've played in a while. Kept going back and forth over the middle point for about 25 minutes. I played as Vader 3 times and finally managed to hold it as the time ran out.

So....

Been away from the game for a while,. Just saw Lando and some Bounty hunter I know next to nothing about are coming as heroes!

So, how is Lando going to play? Was he in any of the other Battlefront games? What might his special abilities be? Love the character in the movies and can't wait to play as him.

It isn't really effective on 40 player modes though. It is essential in small modes.

Tried Walker Assault again today, still hate it.

I agree it's better for the smaller modes. I'd say Scout is still probably the way to go in the larger modes. That being said I still run Berserker in the larger modes. It definitely requires you to change your playstyle.

Panzon

It isn't really effective on 40 player modes though. It is essential in small modes.

Tried Walker Assault again today, still hate it.
Playing this game for the first time today (PC) and so far this is easily the worst part of the game. Gonna get online soon for the first time and get slaughtered.

Fun times ahead...

Tier 3 is pretty lame. Here's a video where I lasted an entire match because of the third tier, feels wrong. Granted, the team balance was off, but still.

https://youtu.be/6bfu2drj3L4

Nice lol

Yeah it's pretty stupid. I think they should rework the traits a bit. Only ones worth taking are Scout and Berserker. I was also going to say Bodyguard, but tier 3 Berserker is pretty much Bodyguard with a damage boost. Bounty Hunter isn't that bad, but I think it could use a boost. However, Survivalist and Sharpshooter are pretty terrible.

MADGAME

Enigma if you are reading this I hope your ban isn't permanent.

That's going to need rebalancing. At least it's a 40 second cooldown.

Imagine running Bacta Bomb, Adrenaline Rush, and a level 3 Berserker at the same time. Seems like a recipe for abuse.

That would effectively increase your health to 300% while negating the slow healing of Berserker.

Nice
No one gonna be scared in the tunnels now

When I was working on Bacta Level II, Vader had me trapped in Jabba's Palace. I threw one at my feet and decided to do as much damage as possible before he killed me, and I took 3 direct saber hits before I died.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I finally have a positive K/D. I started in November with plenty of downright awful matches. Been far, far better since but it wasn't easy to climb back up....to 1.01. It's a good feeling though.

Ozorov

Enigma if you are reading this I hope your ban isn't permanent.

When I was working on Bacta Level II, Vader had me trapped in Jabba's Palace. I threw one at my feet and decided to do as much damage as possible before he killed me, and I took 3 direct saber hits before I died.

Is Enigma banned again?

J-Roderton

Just came back to this game since January. Did they add more maps into the rotation? I don't remember playing one of these snow maps. What's the hot blaster right now?

Just came back to this game since January. Did they add more maps into the rotation? I don't remember playing one of these snow maps. What's the hot blaster right now?

Yes, they added two new large maps. Twilight on Hoth and Survivors of Endor. As for blaster, when it comes to a pistol a lot of people use the DH-17 and for rifle the EE-3. Personally, I mostly just use the DH-17 or E-11.

Top Bottom