• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo said they want to work with other devs via crossovers, who do you want?

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Shaq Fu x Brain Age
Elf Bowling x F-Zero
Call of Duty x Dr. Mario

EMT0

Banned
Pokemon x Monster Hunter? Check.
Kamiya/Platinum x Dead Nintendo IP? Check.
Atlus x Dead Nintendo RPG? Check.

Bravo GAF. Bravo.

Here are my crazy ones:

From Soft x Zelda
Mother x Atlus x Itoi directing
Metroid x Crytek x Retro(I played Crysis recently, so sue me, the spaceship/hive segment got me all imaginative)
Super Mario Sunshine x Platinum(Sunshine setting, Platinum's polish, and taking a lot of inspiration from Wonderful 101 and Mario Galaxy)
Advance Wars x Fireaxis Games

I'm insane, I know.

mario and sonic platformer is the one thing i've wanted for about 20 years.

YES, THIS

f1nllPV.jpg

Drawn in 30 seconds on my phone.

Nintendo vs Capcom and the Mario and Sonic platformer, yes.

But also: Captain Falcon Meets God Hand.

With CO-OP mode! YES MA'AM KABLAAM FALCON PAUUUUUUNCH!!!

I remember one of rumors from the surfergirl days (anyone else remember her?) was that S-E wanted to work with Nintendo on a new Mario RPG but with more FF cameos. Wouldn't mind seeing that become a reality.

Lyude77

Dr. Mario X Trauma Team.

Animal Crossing X Rune Factory/Harvest Moon

Custom Robo X EDF

Kirby X A Boy and His Blob

Okay, so only the AC X RF/HM has any feasible gameplay ideas, but I'm just throwing some stuff out there.

When Kingdom Hearts first hit my original theory was that each game would basically be "Square Meets Sega/Gundam/Whatever". I was hoping that it'd be their series to do crazy crossovers but instead it turned out to be just Disney. Square and Nintendo collaborating again would be a dream come true, either in a crossover game or another Super Mario RPG (I love Paper Mario but SMRPG will always be my favorite. Claims of Nostalgia glasses be damned!).

I am extremely excited to see what other partnerships they're secured/ are working on, because if Shin Megami x Fire Emblem is just the tip of the iceberg, then I think we're all in for a treat at E3 and well into 2015 with surprises we never saw coming.

Penguin

Not sure if crossover esque... but I was fascinated by their idea of making WuHu island a "character"

So could be a resort in the next Animal Crossing
One of the planets you crash in during a Pikmin game
Perhaps have it as a world in a Mario game

Nintendo's crossover always comes as unexpected and yet very exciting,
Instead if Pokemon Mosu which any company wouldve gone with (See Bandai) we got Nabonaga's Ambition SRPG,
I never ever expected Megaten X Fire Emblem RPG

This is my Bizarre predictions,
Brain Training X Ace Combat - visual novel
Dragon Quest x ExciteBike - Dating sim
Kirby X Call Of Duty - 2D side scroller
Waluigi X GTA - Interactive Cooking Book

mAcOdIn

Ok.

I want:
Fire Emblem x Shining Force

This may not count as a collaboration but I want the people behind the story, art direction and music of Nier(RIP Cavia) to handle those aspects on the next Zelda with Nintendo handling the gameplay mechanics.

A Metroid x Phantasy Star mashup would be cool.

Fatal Frame x Pokemon mashup. I guess this doesn't count?

Nintendo and Dice should get together and do a Mario's Edge game.

A Star Fox themed EDF.

Kyzer

Banned
Super Mario x Sonic The Hedgehog

and omg...

Game Freak x Square-Enix (DQ Team) for Pokemon MMO. Gamechanger.

I enjoyed Pokémon Conquest, and I'm looking forward to MegaTen x Fire Emblem, but I don't really want anything else besides that right now. Nintendo has enough IPs that they are under utilizing that they should focus on before worrying about before lending franchises out.

bungie/MS to do metroid.

Pretty much take ODST, put upgrades at the end of each mission, add boss fights, done. Would be awesome if covies were there instead of space pirates.

Terrell

Instead of just doing crossovers or giving their IPs to 3rd-parties, I think we might see more of what we saw with Bayonetta 2, where Nintendo picks up games from 3rd-party studios that their parent company passes on, or pitches an entry in a 3rd-party franchise funded by Nintendo in exchange for exclusivity.

For instance: "Hey Konami! So.... noticed you haven't done anything with the Bomberman franchise... I have some money here, just sayin'."

Top Bottom