• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS European Launch

Merovin

Eu1ue.jpg

Either I'm getting a T-shirt, or Nintendo forgot to change the name for the page, because there's nothing on the actual page regarding the T-shirt, and I'm pretty certain I wouldn't have been in the first whatever it was!

Disguises

Merovin said:
http://i.imgur.com/Eu1ue.jpg

Either I'm getting a T-shirt, or Nintendo forgot to change the name for the page, because there's nothing on the actual page regarding the T-shirt, and I'm pretty certain I wouldn't have been in the first whatever it was!
Yea, that's what happened to me yesterday too. I don't think we're getting our shirts :(

Merovin said:

Same thing happened to me. I registered mine at about 1am this morning but don't know if they were all gone then or not.

Donnie

meppi said:
Okay, I need a quick answer here.

Got my 3DS today but when I try to use my headphones it just doesn't work.
These are regular ones without a mic or anything.
I use them on all my other DSes/GameBoys and PSP, yet when I plug it into my 3DS it is loose and falls out.
The only time there is any sound coming from the headphones is when I push them sideways a bit.

So my question is: does the 3DS use a different kind of headphones.

It probably doesn't but the shopkeeper is giving me shit about it.
Telling me that Nintendo will send me a new headset (WTF!) when I call them.

Nice going Bart Smit. :mad:

He's definitely talking rubbish, my standard headphones fit in perfectly and work fine.

Zomba13

So I decided to trade in some old DS games I hadn't played in ages and get SSF43D from Game. I got the £5+ trade in value coupon of the website and traded in NSMB, Sonic Rush Adventure, Zelda PH, FFXII Revenent Wings and Metroid Prime Hunters. Got £30 in all for them meaning SSF4 cost me £9.99 :D

Took my 3DS too and got a bunch of play coins and got 2 Miis from Street pass, Dave and Drew, both met the same amount of time ago so I assume they were from the shop.
Also noticed you can set stuff on your mii like what pet you prefer and what your dream is so I chose the obvious, 'Gain super powers'.

McNum

Woo! Got my Aqua Blue 3DS! What a nice looking handheld it is in person.

I played with it for a little, and now my head hurts , though. I can pretty much only use the 3D at "just above 2D" level unless I want motion sickness. I knew that in advance, though. Me and 3D don't see eye to eye. I do like that I can see it without 3D glasses, though. I'm going to try again tonight, see if it's any better in the dark for me.

Also, can I transfer my Wi-Fi codes from my Phat DS? Meaning so Pokémon White keeps the same friend code when I use it in the 3DS? I know I need to set up the internet separately on the 3DS, the little blue thing can use my encrypted Wi-Fi, unlike its older silver pal.

By the way, am I the only one slightly freaked by the fact that when it's in sleep mode, the blue light on the front pulses slowly as if it's breathing?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
McNum said:
Also, can I transfer my Wi-Fi codes from my Phat DS? Meaning so Pokémon White keeps the same friend code when I use it in the 3DS? I know I need to set up the internet separately on the 3DS, the little blue thing can use my encrypted Wi-Fi, unlike its older silver pal.
this is precisely why I've held off doing much online with Pokemon (well, that and my Phat not supporting my WPA2 network at home). Would like to know the answer as well, even though I don't think I have my friend code for PKMN out there anywhere.

Fritz

McNum said:
By the way, am I the only one slightly freaked by the fact that when it's in sleep mode, the blue light on the front pulses slowly as if it's breathing?

I take it you're no Mac user. Nor a Wii owner.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I really can see myself caving in by the end of the day and buying providing my Gamestation has some left...

Which game, which game...

McNum

Fritz said:
I take it you're no Mac user. Nor a Wii owner.
Mac, no. Wii, yes. But my Wii only pulses when it wants something. The 3DS does it constantly, like it's waiting. Ready to strike. Perhaps I should not have placed the charging base at neck level...

Anyway, I'll see if I can transfer over Pokémon White's code later today. Got a few things I need to take care of first.

Merovin

Oh and I must add, hats off to Nintendo with the game case designs, the way they've reduced the plastic needed for each case is perfect, almost seems intentional for the DS style and doesn't weaken the case at all.

Merovin

wwm0nkey said:
For those of you who bought SSFIV, I hear the online is stupidly fast to find a match. Is there any truth to that?

I would like to know this too, it's one of the main reasons why I haven't purchased it, fearful of how the online will be.

qwerty2k

amazon.co.uk have FINALLY dispatched my 3ds, my estimated delivery has gone back from today until tomorrow, consider i have expedited delivery it had better come tomorrow :mad:

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
wwm0nkey said:
For those of you who bought SSFIV, I hear the online is stupidly fast to find a match. Is there any truth to that?

Can always find a match within 20-30 seconds or less. Never been longer.

qwerty2k said:
amazon.co.uk have FINALLY dispatched my 3ds, my estimated delivery has gone back from today until tomorrow, consider i have expedited delivery it had better come tomorrow :mad:

Same here. I really hope Amazon compensates for this somehow, it's been a mess.

Just wandered into the Bournemouth ASDA on the way home and picked up a blue 3DS and PilotWings for £215. I'm only the second person to buy one, and they have shed-loads of games/consoles. Madness!

Anyway, this thing is awesome. Loving the 3D, snapping 3D photos (even if they are low-res) and messing with the AR stuff.

3ds.jpg

Zomba13

Merovin said:
Oh and I must add, hats off to Nintendo with the game case designs, the way they've reduced the plastic needed for each case is perfect, almost seems intentional for the DS style and doesn't weaken the case at all.
My thoughts exactly. And it's nice that they've made them thinner than the DS cases. Made them like American or Japanese cases.

wwm0nkey said:
Well first time it instantly found one but could join, second time it found one and then joined after like 10 seconds. Also, Dynamic mode is a piece of shit. I had it on from training mode where I was messing about to see how it was. Soooo disorientating with regards to the controls.

Got my 3ds finally, was such a pain. I went on a class trip this morning and thought the stores would have some available when I got back around 2 pm. However it was sold out!
So I had to rush somewhere 30 minutes away and luckily they had one left. :)
They only had the black one, but who cares as long as it plays games.
The game I got it with is Ghost Recon, won't play it until later.

Feels good paying only 100 pounds for it (due to giftcards and them selling it the cheapest).

wwm0nkey said:
It's pretty good, but you should still create your own fight rooms / customize your matches cos there are some really dirty bastards out there that do the 60 second 1 round fight trick. They also abuse the touch screens easy mode controls - I've eaten way too many spinning / Ultra pile drivers to think they're playing it Pro style.

Just had a look at my GAME receipt there and it seems they didn't give me my double reward points which would be another £7.50 off something else. Maybe because I turned them down each of the 4 times they asked me if I wanted a warranty for an extra £30 :/

Zomba13

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Anyone else noticed some subtle 'surround sound' effects? Listen to the menu music in Face Raiders through the speakers to hear what I mean.
in the 3DS settings there is Surround, Stereo and Mono sound options.

jarosh

i got pilotwings (don't ask me why), rayman and nintendogs with my blue 3ds. but have been messing with all the other shit for hours now. haven't even played a game yet. face raiders is a LOT of fun.

Roxas

Hmm, ive just had an email from Tesco direct. Offering me £25 off any 3DS game (except Pro Evo, Ridge Racer and something else, cant remember). I was one of those that ordered it when they had a price glitch at £159 or whatever it was, they took the money but refunded when they saw their mistake.

Just bought Pilotwings for £10 :D

Got it, love it! Aqua Blue is a beaut, glad I went for it. Pilot Wings is dreamy as expected, maximum setting on 3D takes a while to adjust to but it's fooking incredible, love it!!

AR is utterly awesome, imagine the stuff they'll do with that :) New Pokemon perhaps?

Love.

Omikaru

The AR games are really cool. I was laughing at Face Raiders too. I can't wait to show my friends this. It's on charge in the dock now, so I'm gonna run off to Tesco and see if I can pick up a game.

Alrus

Went to another store and bought SSF4... Man I suck even more a this game :( I can't even pull a two hit combo in the trials... Oh well it looks good at least.

Taker666

jarosh said:
i got pilotwings (don't ask me why), rayman and nintendogs with my blue 3ds. but have been messing with all the other shit for hours now. haven't even played a game yet. face raiders is a LOT of fun.

Face Raiders is hilarious. Made even better by the fact you can take a pic of any face image... be it in a magazine, from a toy or a person.

I currently have Gollum, Stripe from Gremlins, Nikki Grahame and Eric Cartman flying around on my 3DS.

Really hope they use the face raiders tech in more games, the way they animate is superb. An FPS or a version of PunchOut would be amazing.

Zomba13

KennyLinder said:
Got it, love it! Aqua Blue is a beaut, glad I went for it. Pilot Wings is dreamy as expected, maximum setting on 3D takes a while to adjust to but it's fooking incredible, love it!!

AR is utterly awesome, imagine the stuff they'll do with that :) New Pokemon perhaps?

Love.
What if the next 'import pokemon from previous version' minigame is an AR Pokemon hunt :eek:

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I gave in and picked up a Blue 3ds, traded my old DS Lite towards it.

Just have to wait for the good software now ;)

I see that everyones charging before playing, but shouldn't it have enough juice the first time? I've read that it doesn't matter charging before using these batteries. Was it right or?

My 3DS is waiting for me in the store to pick it up. But I can't go get it until tomorrow. (No time because of commitments) :(

Am I the only one getting Monkey ball? Can't see any impression/mention of it in the last few pages in this thread atleast.

I went to the store and thought i might not be able to resist. But there were no games..
Wtf is wrong with the launch line-up? There are games i'd like to TRY,sure, but not just BUY.

Will we have to wait untill after E3 for more apealing games?

Xater

Picked one up without any pre-order, there were a lot of units. I even got Rayman 3D for free with it. Then I had to exchange my unit because I had dust in the screen. Now everything seems to be fine. I got the blue one btw. At first I thought about getting the black but now I am glad I didn't. The blue looks great.

mclem

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Anyone else noticed some subtle 'surround sound' effects? Listen to the menu music in Face Raiders through the speakers to hear what I mean.

I thought I was imagining it, but I'm sure some of the birds I heard in Pilotwings sounded far to one side or behind.

Merovin

For those interested, just compared two DS games running together on my DSi and the 3DS, the difference isn't as bad as people have made it out to be. DSi is slightly brighter and sharper, but without looking carefully at them running next to each other, I wouldn't have noticed. Though many of you could say that's just me. :p

Roxas said:
Hmm, ive just had an email from Tesco direct. Offering me £25 off any 3DS game (except Pro Evo, Ridge Racer and something else, cant remember). I was one of those that ordered it when they had a price glitch at £159 or whatever it was, they took the money but refunded when they saw their mistake.

Just bought Pilotwings for £10 :D
Yeah I just got that as well. :D

Best thing was I bought the 3DS + game pack from Tesco Entertainment, but then they sent me a voucher for a £10 game then and now their Direct website's sent me another £10 voucher today. I wanted Ridge Racer but they're not doing that, so I might just by Nintendogs to flip.

Makes up for the fact that I have to get my 3DS replaced. Shitty wonky touch screen.

Plasma

Banned
JustAnotherOtaku said:
Just had a look at my GAME receipt there and it seems they didn't give me my double reward points which would be another £7.50 off something else. Maybe because I turned them down each of the 4 times they asked me if I wanted a warranty for an extra £30 :/

Email them, they usually cave into complaints and give you some sort of voucher.

storafötter said:
I see that everyones charging before playing, but shouldn't it have enough juice the first time? I've read that it doesn't matter charging before using these batteries. Was it right or?

Mine had 3 bars full when I first turned it on last night. Red light came on after about 2 hours of solid playing (although I had the brightness full during that time).

Top Bottom