• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S3 |OT| Not Filming In Vancouver - Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wowowow, crazy! I really thought that wasn't gonna end well when he said she wasn't a runaway. So glad it's over and has a happy ending.

Oddduck

Gotham cast confirms Scarecrow's Return In Season 4

"Scarecrow comes back in season 4," the Bruce Wayne actor said. ”It's on full blast, I'm really excited"

Chiming in, Drew Powell teased fans by saying, "It's super creepy, too. you're gonna love it"

Reports surfaced earlier this summer about the Scarecrow's comeback. Back in June, DC Entertainment shared a video containing cast interviews from Gotham, and Ben McKenzie let a teaser about the villain slip.

”There are some villains that I'm a fan of that are in season four," McKenzie said. ”I've always been keen on the Scarecrow. It would be nice if the Scarecrow showed up."

Seeing McKenzie's sly grin, fans began to speculate the Scarecrow would make a full-on comeback in Gotham's fourth season. The show previously set up the villain as a past storyline introduced Dr. Gerald Crane, the twisted father of Scarecrow's Jonathan Crane. The episode titled ”The Scarecrow" followed Gerald as he injected his son with a so-called cure to fear, but the serum turns Jonathan insane instead. Plagued with vision of a terrifying scarecrow, Jonathan goes AWOL and hasn't bee seen sense. That is, until next season.

Gotham wasn't going to be able to keep the whacked-out villain away for long. The Scarecrow's return will add yet another baddie to Gotham and its villain-centric stories. Characters such as Catwoman, Harley Quinn, and even the Joker continue to be referenced in the FOX series, so it was only a matter of time until Jonathan Crane was brought back into the spotlight.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
gotham_s4_miniposter_2017-768x1187.jpg

was worried this bump was about Logue's daughter not being found yet. Glad the news is good.

And scarecrow in season 4 too...whew.

Hopefully they teach the young bruce actor to look better throwing punches, looks like they're gonna go heavier into him fighting back now.

Oddduck

Harley Quinn will never appear on Gotham according to producer John Stephens.

http://screenrant.com/gotham-harley-quinn-not-happening/

”It was my fault. I had thought I had said and I might have not said it: We'll see a Harley Quinn-esque character. Because in our mind Barbara was taking on a lot of the ethos and spirit of Harley Quinn, you know, her love of anarchy and violence. All those things that make Harley, Harley in many ways, we were trying to put into Barbara. So I thought that she was becoming a Harley Quinn-esque character. But we're never going to see Harley Quinn. Sorry about that."

So, I haven't watched the show since early Season 2, but how come there seems to still not be any other costumed pre-Batman vigilantes? I'm surprised they haven't done a Gotham version of The Grey Ghost

PCC_BTAS_GRAYGHOST_FINALforprint_1024x1024.jpg

So, I haven't watched the show since early Season 2, but how come there seems to still not be any other costumed pre-Batman vigilantes? I'm surprised they haven't done a Gotham version of The Grey Ghost

PCC_BTAS_GRAYGHOST_FINALforprint_1024x1024.jpg

Been asking that since episode 1, or at least have shown Bruce and Thomas watching it.

But there are pre Batman "vigilantes".
BalloonMan
Firefly
Bruce

MUnited83

For you.
To be fair, in terms of the character chronology Harley Quinn was never going to work. At best you could see her pre-Harley Quinn phrase.

It's not like the show cares a lot about keeping the chronology consistent with the main Batman lore anyways :p

Metal B

It's not like the show cares a lot about keeping the chronology consistent with the main Batman lore anyways :p
Technically you can't have Harley Quinn without including the Joker first. But its hard to have the Joker without Batman ... so you have to reach very far to get a proper Harley Quinn into the series. I think, Barbara is a fun alternative.

Paganmoon

Ok, only at mid season 2, but... how are there any cops left in Gotham City? I mean, half the precinct dies every other episode.

Yeah, I am 100% no sold on Batman coming into the picture. I mean, I know that's probably not going to happen. Bruce won't go full Batman. But whatever they do is going to be weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom