• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three in February - Before You Switch

Apenheul

I'm working on Professor Layton and the Last Specter on DS, I'm about 7 hours in and although it doesn't hold my attention like the previous games I still like it a lot. I feel that the puzzles are more varied in this entry.

Also I just started playing Dragon Age II for the first time on Xbox 360. I know it's not a popular opinion but I think I prefer its tight design over Origins. Its scope is similar to The Last Story which I also really enjoyed and the Bioware standard structure 'template' isn't visible in this entry, at least not in the first 5 hours of the game.

Finally, I hope to finish Fire Emblem Fates Conquest this month. I love this game so much that I would've instantly replayed it if I hadn't had Revelations to yet play, and of course Echoes is just around the corner.

Mash83

Already completed:

PS4
World of Final Fantasy
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Alienation

XB1
Gears of War 4

Currently playing:

XB1
Halo 5: Guardians

Trying to finish Halo 5 before I get Horizon. Cant wait!

gaiages

Banned
This month I'm going to clear out some more of my Steam backlog :D

1. 2064: Read Only Memories - I started this, got to Chapter 2, the update came out and deleted my save, and I got back to Chapter 2 again. I really love it, it just fell by the wayside as I spent time with Witcher 3 and building my Pokémon Sun Living Dex.

2. Shining Force II (yes, this is on Steam) - I believe I got about half way through over the summer, then dropped it. Last thing I remember is that all my units got promoted except the healer, so I'm at least a good amount in.

3. LISA: The Painful - I started this game and got pretty far when I played it for Extra Life 2015. Thing is, I didn't touch the game after that day. Looking at guides I'm over halfway through, so I should try to see this to the end. I do have some issues with the game though, so if those things become a bigger issue... I may end up dropping it and replacing this with something else. We'll see!

Bonus 4. Alan Wake's American Nightmare - Couldn't finish it last month because my boyfriend's computer decided to die. So, I'll complete it this month instead.

Yesterday I beat LISA: The Painful. It was quite an interesting game. Not a perfect one, but worth the 10 hour or so ride if you can put up with its quirks. I've already started The Joyful, too.

Aaand I probably won't be able to be American Nightmare this month either, as my boyfriend's graphic card went kaput when his motherboard fried. We'll see :p

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Finished this month:

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters (PS4)
Had been through this before to help a friend, but finally felt in the mood to finish off the remaining bosses on my own save.
Some awesome new trick weapons and equipment, fantastic atmosphere, and some grave lore implications. Don't hesitate to get this if you enjoyed the main game.

Unravel (PS4)
Very pretty and charming. The messages about the environment and appreciating loved ones are potent.
The physics were fun on the whole, but some puzzles were a little unintuitive. (A few times I'd figured out the solution, but had to restart the section until the game "acknowledged" that I had the right answer.)
Some unfortunate checkpoint placement made a few sections quite frustrating, so I wasn't emotionally on board the whole time. But by the end, it felt worth while.

Working on this month:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)

Andyliini

As the month is approaching it's end, it's time to post how I fared:

Beaten:
Flower
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mighty No. 9

I can probably beat Shante: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut during the last days of February, but I'm still playing the game.

At the beginning, I was going to finish both Dragon Quest VIII and Journey during February, but I didn't like Journey, so I ditched the game, and Dragon Quest proved to be too meaty to actually finish. I'll do it for March, though.

watdaeff4

Have a coupe of games I'm deep into that I really want to finish:

Jak and Daxter
Resident Evil 5

In light of getting ready for the Switch and Zelda, I want to complete:

The Minish Cap

Welp, completed the three I wanted to this month. RE5 and Minish Cap were great games. Jak and Daxter wasn't too bad either and held up decently. The controls were just frustrating at times.

In addition to those also completed:
Halo: Reach
Arkham City
KoF 2000

marcincz

First and probably last game finished this month.
Fantastic adventure and incredible story. 10/10 in my personal ranking.

NDS
Ghost Trick

PS4
Yakuza 0

PSV
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

February is a tough month for me... I'm working 6 days a week for the first 3 weeks, so not a lot of time for long gaming sessions. I do have the 18-21 off though, as sort of a reward, so that may help a bit.

The Little Acre - This is only a 2 hour game, so I will probably finish it tonight after work.

Memoranda - Not sure how long this one is(it's not on HLTB), but I'm assuming only a few hours so easily achievable. This was something I Kickstarted, and since I have a bad habit of Kickstarting things and then never playing them, I really want to play this.

Night in the Woods - Another Kickstarter. This one finally comes out on the 21st, and I'm excited for it, so I'm sure I will play through it before the 28th.

2 down! Sadly, there is no way I am going to finish Memoranda before Tuesday... Mainly because I don't like it, and probably won't play it again :p

I've beaten Dungeon Siege 3 & Demon's Souls this month

Both are great games, Dungeon Siege could've done with being a bit longer & some more substantial side content but overall I enjoyed it.
I'm so happy to have finally bested Demon's Souls, I've had it since 2011 and tried a few times over the years but always gave up not even half-way in. I absolutely love it's bleak atmosphere & the final area was unexpectedly beautiful

With only 2 days left I'm not sure if another one will get beaten. I did get Ratchet & Clank Quest For Booty recently and that's supposed the be really short so I might give that a try. I'm also playing through Persona 3 Portable but it'll probably take me a couple weeks to finish

MrS

Banned
Finished this month so far:

Vanquish - short and sweet. Replaying it on hard now and doing a trophy clean up.
Dark Souls - Top 5 game of all time, easily. A perfect game.
Nioh - An early GOTY contender for sure. It's gonna take some game to unseat it. A masterpiece.

sirronoh

Progress!

Finished this month:
-Danganronpa 2 - Platinum
-Uncharted 4
-Tomb Raider: Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Costume Quest 2 (will finish by tomorrow)

Surprisingly finished 3 games as I've been playing small games that won't overlap Nier automata when it finally releases.
Yakuza 0 was the first one, bought at launch and finished mid February. Was a great reintroduction to Yakuza series and is definitely a top 5 ps4 game in my collection.
Uncharted 4- bought after Yakuza finished, already had beaten uncharted 2&3 which I was a fan of with 2 being ranked above 3. Was disappointed in 4 overall. Good voice acting as usual but none of the set pieces were particularly amazing and the gameplay felt repetitive after the last two games.
Persona 4 DAN - bought this a long time ago and thought it would help kill time. The music and remixes were fine but was my first rhythm game so i wasn't the best. Beat the story so consider that qualifies this game beaten.

March will be Nier and probably ds3 dlc.

Played and finished a lot of games this month so I'm really happy with my progress.

1. Wolfenstein: TNO
2. Limbo
3. Valiant Heats
4. South Park: The Stick of Truth
5. Doom (2016)
6. Inside

KHlover

Banned
I'm through with FE Fates, ICEY and Steins;Gate. Quite different from what I initially had in mind for this month, but I was afraid I'd tire myself out with long RPGs before Zelda, so I switched stuff around.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I haven't played much this month, but just started and finished two games today.

Grow Home - aside from a couple of times where the inertia of the character got the better of me and I plummeted to the ground, I mostly enjoyed the physics of the main character. I was going to say to was a shorter game than I expected, but if it was much longer it might have outstayed its welcome I think.

Roundabout - really liked this. It's quite mechanically lumpy but I love Kuru Kuru Kuruin which is where it takes its main mechanical inspiration from, and it's pretty fun to play. And the video clips are so bad they're good - I realise this is likely deliberate but it can be a difficult balance to hit, and generally I think they pull it off. This leaves me really wanting a proper new Kuru Kuru Kuruin game..

owasog

- Arcania: Gothic 4 + Fall of Setarrif expansion
Action RPG with annoying combat, a barebones crafting system and awful voice actors. For a 2010 game it can look pretty at times (if you like generic fantasy), but sub-40s framerate drops on an i7+GTX1070?! Unoptimized doesn't even begin to describe it.
The expansion is also the real ending of the game. For some reason they decided to cut it out of the main game and sell it separately. The ending cutscene of the main game makes absolutely no sense if you don't play the expansion.

- CAYNE
Short and sweet isometric SF adventure. If you liked STASIS you will like this. It's also free, so why not?

- The Turing Test
Excellent Portal clone with some clever puzzles. Disappointing ending though.

Currently playing Dishonored 2, but this is going to take much longer than I expected. The levels are huge and I like to explore every nook and cranny. This is a march game I'm afraid. Not that I'm complaining, the game is absolutely beautiful. Nasty framepacing issues though.

bobawesome

Muv-Luv

Finally moved onto the Unlimited route. Still have the Common Route 2 and most of Class Rep's route to finish on the Extra side of things but I'll finish that up at a later date. Really like the change of tone.

Crush Crush

This game is terrible even for a clicker/idle game but I went ahead and threw five dollars at the developers just to get it over with faster. I hate that I care for achievements as much as I do.

Going to aim for the following:

• Resident Evil 7 (PC)
  • Owlboy (PC)
  • Dishonored 2 (PS4)

Well I beat 3 in February, but none of them ended up being from my original list:

• Dragon Age: Inquistion - The Descent DLC
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trespasser DLC
  • Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
  • Bravely Second: End Layer
  • Halo Wars 2
I wanted to finally clear the Dragon Age DLC as the game was taking up a ton of space on my hard drive and I had heard the Trespasser DLC was pretty good, so I wrapped that up. Ended up travelling a lot in the middle of the month, allowing me to finally finish Bravely Second. The other two games seemed like good fits since they were relatively short for any spare time I was able to find.

PillarEN

Well I failed to finish anything this month. Put in 40 hours into Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Normally that would cover 2 games or maybe 3 depending on the genre. But that's the way it goes and I'm enjoying the game immensely so I ain't even mad.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Finished this month:

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters (PS4)
Had been through this before to help a friend, but finally felt in the mood to finish off the remaining bosses on my own save.
Some awesome new trick weapons and equipment, fantastic atmosphere, and some grave lore implications. Don't hesitate to get this if you enjoyed the main game.

Unravel (PS4)
Very pretty and charming. The messages about the environment and appreciating loved ones are potent.
The physics were fun on the whole, but some puzzles were a little unintuitive. (A few times I'd figured out the solution, but had to restart the section until the game "acknowledged" that I had the right answer.)
Some unfortunate checkpoint placement made a few sections quite frustrating, so I wasn't emotionally on board the whole time. But by the end, it felt worth while.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
It felt weird to finish on hard with a full inventory and nearly maxed-out Praxis upgrades.
I like the story and the angles it explored, but I didn't really like the presentation.
Characters were stiff and caricature-like, and "recycled footage" exposition did little to stir the imagination.
The boss battles were also terrible. I never imagined they'd be as bad as people said, but they were. The final boss in particular just felt like a quick chore in any other level, while the others were a case of spamming Typhoon or any other ordinance you had left over.
Still, all in all I enjoy this modern take on the formula and look forward to grabbing Mankind Divided in a sale.

kunonabi

Finished:
Samurai Warriors 4
R: Racing Evolution
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice

Pokken is on the back burner until I can find someone to help me with the double ko achievement.

Hmmm. Lets see...

Bravely Default (3DS): Not sure I'll finish this this month given the purported lenght but I've been putting in a bunch of time to going after it so it might be possible this month or next. We'll see how it goes.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS): The other competitor for time on the 3DS. Assuming I put in the time, beating this should be a more realistic goal but I'm not sure if that'll happen.

Baldur's Gate (PC): Not sure if this will come along or be played but I really want to get through it this year as I've never finished it. As with FE:A and Bravely Default, just need to put the time in.

It'd be nice to finish off 3 games but it seems like a bit of a stretch atm, so I'll try finish what I can and go for there. Really, finishing two games (even if they aren't the listed ones) would be great.

Managed to finish off three games this month! Kind of cut it close what with not really playing towards the end of the month, but I was able to knock out both Bravely Default (really excellent) and Fire Emblem: Awakening (a great introduction to the series), as well as a wildcard game: The Walking Dead Season 2, which was disappointing and a sign that I should stay away from Telltale's stuff.

Didn't touch Baldur's Gate, but there's always next month. (Or later :S)

hao chi

I beat:

Resident Evil VII
Majora's Mask (I was already about half finished)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (I had about two hours left)
Bayonetta (I had a few missions left)
Dark Souls 3 (all I had left was the final boss)

I'll get the last two endings in Nier before Zelda releases. I almost have the last weapon I need, I've just been lazy about doing the last side quest for it.

64bitbros

Done:
Batman Telltale (ps4)
Steamworld Heist (Vita)
Dead Synchronicity (ps4)
CoD: Black Ops 2 (PC)
Snoopy (Ps4)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (Ps4)

Resident Evil 7, Eagle Flight, Thumper and Robinson are on my to finish list.

I'm probably very close to the end in Robinson, but passing those fucking Raptors is pretty rage inducing, so I don't know if I'll get it done.

Only finished Thumper from that list. Finished Stories: The Path of Destinies and Sky Force Anniversary as well.

Top Bottom