• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best sentence in a video game ever?

C4OWmICWIAEOTbI.jpg

2nd Best

C4_TarzUEAAMXxK.jpg

3rd Best

C3eVjf9UYAA3PBc.jpg:orig

TheTrain

I don't know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I'll never know... but I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that.

kromeo

But time flows like river... and history repeats...

It's like this train, it can only go where it's rails take it

or something like that

Nameless

"Aah, you were at my side, all along.

My true mentor...

My guiding moonlight..."

dont know about all time but that always gives me chills combined with the music.

swnny

My favorite quote, that burned into my mind 12 years ago comes from Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher in the Seoul Mission:
After approaching the crashed US airplane, Fisher is given orders to blow it up with an airstrike, leaving the injured pilots to die. This is completely optional in the game, but you can actually save both pilots to which Lambert says:
"Lambert: Fisher, you don't even exist. You can't get a medal for this.
(in the iconic Michael Ironside voice) Fisher: Medals don't help me sleep at night, Lambert.
Gives me the chills every f*cking time. Also the whole dialogue is kinda funny, you can hear it in this video (21:15 mark):
https://youtu.be/UYaKrN13GII?t=1276

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
The Halo series has a few:

- "Were it so easy"
- "Request permission to leave the station...to give the Covenant their bomb back"

For example.

Javier23

Banned
And im not necessary talking about popular line like ''All your base are belong to us'' but rather, a phrase that you remember that really mean something to you.

I remember in the first Witcher game when Geralt speak with Abigail the witch:

Abigail: "You Witchers carry two swords: ordinary steel and blade of silver for monsters."
And Geralt replies: "They're both for monsters."
It does say a lot about games as a medium when an example of vg writing at its best is lifted straight from a novel.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
"Moms are tough."

"No obligations, rules, or authority."

Final Fantasy XIII had some truly epic writing.

I was always fond of

"It is the way of men to make monsters, and it is the nature of monsters to destroy their makers."

Harlan Wade from F.E.A.R.

"Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh, you touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding."

"Even if a pawn becomes a queen, it is still just a playing piece." - President Johnson, MGS2

But really, it's this^

EDIT:
Followed by:

"Without free will there is no difference between submission and rebellion."

TheMasterThief

Neo Member
My personal favorite, roughly, is, "Your blade did not cut deep enough!" I won'the say what the game is in case anyone considers it a spoiler, but I'm sure those who played it knows where it comes from. I find it to be a badass line due to the character who says it along with the music playing in the background.

Yakuza 0 is a goldmine for this.

rMMCStq.jpg

(Had a hard time choosing between this and "What's wrong with being a pervert?" which came just before this)

Freddo

It must be something that Mint say in the PS1 game Threads of Fate (which I wish was available on the European PS Store). She's such an arrogant bitch, and yet she's the main character and, well, likeable.

"My role...? Hmph! Of course, I have! I'm your older sister and the No. 1 princess of East Heaven Kingdom. And eventually, I'll be the ruler of this kingdom. Why do you look so puzzled? Ok, you wanna know what I think? My role is 100 times greater than yours. Because I'm smarter than you, prettier than you, stronger than you...I can go on forever. The point is, I'm the most qualified to become the next queen."

"I'm Mint. I'm a princess, but you don't have to be formal with me. People refer to me as Your Highness, Your Greatness, Beautiful Majesty... You know what, you can just call me Princess Mint."

"Then the throne will be mine... After that... IT'S WORLD DOMINATION TIME!!!"

"Hmph, I'm a genius, I know everything."

Top Bottom