• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Nintendo Direct trailer

Antagon

The game looks fantastic. From what I've seen the best looking game Platinum has made. Love the focus on lots of unique geometry with very simple textures, gives the game an extremely clean look.

Keyouta

Now this looks like a game!

Really excited for this along with the other announcements! Hopefully we'll be playing this and Pikmin 3 before June ends.

relaxor

what?
I know it's been said a billion times before, but this is your new hardcore IP, Nintendo fans (such as myself). Enjoy it WiiU owners, enjoy it god damn you!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So it looks like those three are the only playable characters since the story scenes seem centered about them.

For some reason I had it in my head that there would be more playable heroes. but I guess it'd be damn near impossible to balance a game around so many different abilities.

Looks great. Won't pick up a Wii-u for this, but will definitely find one to play it on at launch

Shahadan

Tell me more, man from the future.

-Wii U
-Platinum Games
-Colorful/Tiny cute characters
-Obviously targeted at "gamerz", many of whom bitch since day one it about it being a full retail release (see Rayman Origins sales)
-Silly fun
-Will be dismissed by many as weird and/or japanese looking
-Rather confusing at first

None of that screams success. Maybe okayish sales in Japan (well, depending of the release date, relatively considering the userbase)

I'll still get a Wii U for it though.

-Wii U
-Platinum Games
-Colorful/Tiny cute characters
-Obviously targeted at "gamerz", many of whom bitch since day one it about it being a full retail release (see Rayman Origins sales)
-Silly fun
-Will be dismissed by many as weird and/or japanese looking
-Rather confusing at first

None of that screams success. Maybe okayish sales in Japan (well, depending of the release date, relatively considering the userbase)

I'll still get a Wii U for it though.

It's certainly possible that this can flop, but I also think there's potential to launch a franchise here. The 3 main characters + whoever else is part of that ensemble have HUGE mascot potential. Nintendo needs to release a CG character establishing trailer yesterday. With the right marketing, they can have a kind of Incredibles style of IP on their hands.

JoeFenix

Holy shit, I just got home and have been experiencing sensory overload for the past 30 minutes.

101, Bayo 2, X.... Nintendo is absolutely killing it!

Makonero

With the right marketing, it could be a sleeper hit. Odds are low, though. When I pick up a Wii U (which will be as soon as I make a decision about where I'm going to be living in the next few years - damn you region locking!) I will be picking this up, along with far too many other titles. Can't wait.

VanWinkle

Doesn't look like something I would like but awesome visuals!

Why do people keep mentioning Viewtiful Joe? I thought that was like a sidescrolling brawler type of game.

zroid

Banned
You know I wouldn't be surprised if Kamiya's "bad mood" was inspired by him being told on short notice to prepare this trailer. :(

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I still feel ashamed for doubting this. It's charming as hell and the gameplay will be good because Kamiya.

this is one of the freshest games ive seen in a long time. The presentation/music/voice acting/artstyle go together so well to where i wouldnt be surprised if theres a movie/tv show.

Beth Cyra

Surely everyone loved PG's previous games and is excited for this one has checked out Anarchy Reigns?

Nah, to be honest I think Max looked terrible. I don't like Arena brawlers and given I don't like Bayonetta the DLC wasn't a draw for me like many.

There was one character I did think looked cool though, sadly after a few game play vids I knew not to waste my money.

anyone think theres a shot of this running at 60fps?

Kamiya replied to a tweet asking him why his game wasn't 1080p and he said it was because he wanted it to run at 60FPS, or at least someone posted that, could be a fake, I don't remember.

Top Bottom