• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm wondering, I'm never seeing anyone heading up a game session where we play together. Aren't we playing games together online?

tumblr_inline_mjzbsyriapzz.gif

To an extent Valve's complete silence ties into what Gabe said (Valve has all the time in the world, but EA has shareholders to appease so there's little room for change once a game gets going), but, yeah, at this point the game surely has a clear design path and is in full production mode.

I mean, to be clear I don't want them to start talking about everything. We agreed that 2016 is the earliest, and as you said it's probably past pre-production stage, so at this point it may be nice to put out something small. People aren't content knowing Ricochet 2 is going well along, they want to know if HL3 is going along. People like proper confirmation, proper communication. Diretide showed that.

Also with this silence Valve created insane expectations. With throwing some bone here and there they could have mitigated that.

That's still such a lame excuse btw. Just look at how some other studios are handling their games. Mirror's Edge 2, the new Hitman, Mass Effect 4 etc. We have conceptual gameplay, concept arts, blog posts, trailer with "it's done when it's done" ending. Why couldn't Valve do something like this? Just throw a bone to your fans for christ sake and stop treating them like air. They pride themselves on community engagement, communication, but they're so bad at that.

The real answer: Valve is desperately trying to remain relevant in today's digital world and just has no time for HL3.

It's stupid that there is no deal for just the two expansions. Complete pack is $16.50 and the two expacs total to $15. I don't care for all the other DLC that was created to nickle and dime. If I recall correctly, Skyrim has the same issue with its legendary edition.

Some of the DLC you're saying is just nickle and diming tends to offer as much content as a single player campaign in your average triple A game. Most of the DLC for Civ V is worth owning.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's time accept reality and change your name. :p Stump can do it; he's an admin these days. ;)
see that's where you and me are different

you this as an opportunity to accept defeat and indulge in your sickly little obsessions

i, instead, look to change the world

oops is not sorry :mad:

I say avoid Path of Radiance since Ike is too broken, avoid Radiant Dawn since they purposefully nerfed everyone (then brought back Ike).

The GBA games seems to be your best bet. There are also plenty of fan-translated roms for the non-eng games. I say start with sword of flame. Your journey should start with Lyn
hmm i might just do that

we'll see

Pachimari

So there's 3 days left of GMG's summer sales? Today, tomorrow and Friday?

I really hope there'll be a Capcom sale with Devil May Cry 4 and DmC: Devil May Cry.

JaseC

see that's where you and me are different

you this as an opportunity to accept defeat and indulge in your sickly little obsessions

i, instead, look to change the world

This sounds like something Hitler would say.

Kaleinc

Banned
That's still such a lame excuse btw. Just look at how some other studios are handling their games. Mirror's Edge 2, the new Hitman, Mass Effect 4 etc. We have conceptual gameplay, concept arts, blog posts, trailer with "it's done when it's done" ending. Why couldn't Valve do something like this? Just throw a bone to your fans for christ sake and stop treating them like air. They pride themselves on community engagement, communication, but they're so bad at that.
Valve's priority is multiplayer games and unless they figure out how to seamlessly implement crates into HL3 the sequel has a long road ahead.

Nintendo pretty much won E3 for me when they bundled Bayonetta 2 with Bayonetta and Devil's Third popped out of the ether. Devil's Third looks cheesey as hell but will probably play like a dream, in Itagaki we trust. I don't use my Wii U a whole hell of a lot but it's a great supplementary system for my PC.

Copons

Nintendo pretty much won E3 for me when they bundled Bayonetta 2 with Bayonetta and Devil's Third popped out of the ether. Devil's Third looks cheesey as hell but will probably play like a dream, in Itagaki we trust. I don't use my Wii U a whole hell of a lot but it's a great supplementary system for my PC.

Nintendo won everything when they showed Mario Maker, making me call my parents asking them if they still have a box of my stuff from early 90s containing tons of squared paper filled with Super Mario levels drawings. T_T

WTH steamgaf you all dissapoint me.

Ill agree that no one won E3. For the first E3 after getting 2 new consoles it was all the same shit.
I'm excited for GTA5 since I skipped it last year, and Not-Really-But-Kinda-Xenoblade-2. I did get pretty hyped for Crackdown and Phantom Dust, but I have to see what they've done with them first before I get on board, you know? But this is the first year that I'm not really excited for much.

JaseC

I think Microsoft's conference was the "best" overall as it was just game after game, whereas Sony waffled on a bit about experiences and visions. What Nintendo showed didn't really pique my interest at all (so much for that Metroid pin being a hint), but I did like the interstitial interviews with developers. From what was shown, I'm looking forward to more details on:

- Cuphead
- Inside
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- ABZU
- Uncharted 4

Edit: Oh, and Grim Fandango HD, duh. I knew I was forgetting something.

saunderez

I think Microsoft's conference was the "best" overall as it was just game after game, whereas Sony waffled on a bit about experiences and visions. What Nintendo showed didn't really pique my interest at all (so much for that Metroid pin being a hint), but I did like the interstitial interviews with developers.

I can certainly agree with that. I don't know what everyone is smoking who is pissing their pants at what Nintendo showed. I like a Zelda game as much as the next guy but that doesn't make a spectacular E3 conference. I'm not even going to buy a console this year anymore, was planning on deciding from the E3 showing but theres no need now. I got multiplats, Dead Rising 3, GTA V, Civ Beyond Earth and a huge 700-odd game backlog on PC to get me through now. Better luck next time Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo.

fantomena

So I just received almost 125€ from the government as free holidday money. I forgot about the holiday money, it was not in my calculations.

GOD BLESS THE WELLFARE STATE!

zkylon

zkylewd
I think Microsoft's conference was the "best" overall as it was just game after game, whereas Sony waffled on a bit about experiences and visions. What Nintendo showed didn't really pique my interest at all (so much for that Metroid pin being a hint), but I did like the interstitial interviews with developers.
yup, i liked microsoft's better too

sony's dragged on forever mid-way through and in the end it was the conference that might've shown the last guardian shit and didn't.

the conference i enjoyed most was ubi, tho. french ass creed looked amazing, r6 seems promising, the farcry 4 thing of jumping from a car to a truck then avalanche then gliding then helicopter then exploding elephants, that was fucking hilarious

most of all it was aisha tyler going mental after r6 thing

Volimar

I'm wondering, I'm never seeing anyone heading up a game session where we play together. Aren't we playing games together online?

There's lots of free-to-play titles and theHunter just came out. Or popular games which most have like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I know there's Minecraft GAF which I'm part of, but I never see us settings up some online sessions here. :)

Marvel Heroes has a thread in the gaming community section. We have a supergroup if you're interested. They just added a tough as hell raid so if you're into that or just a f2p arpg looting game you can come play with us.

most of all it was aisha tyler going mental after r6 thing

Did she get girl wood, zoklyn?

I hope Firaxis and Take 2 put Civ Beyond Earth up for pre-order finally after E3. It would be a nice way to round off the coverage of the game after E3.

Nintendo won everything when they showed Mario Maker, making me call my parents asking them if they still have a box of my stuff from early 90s containing tons of squared paper filled with Super Mario levels drawings. T_T

That does look pretty neat but I ultimately hope it means they're giving the 2D Mario side scrollers a rest for a while.

Hasney

Eh, MIcrosoft probably got me to buy a console from them in 2016 based on the end of their presentation, Sony had me hyped for quite a bit and Nintendo made me want to hug my Wii U so I was happy. Then again, my expectations were very much realistic based on the past 5 years, I knew most of it would be the same old shit™

EA and Ubi shouldn't have bothered for me, but at least Ubi's presentation was entertaining.

Just saw Mysterious in my badge list too. I WONDER WHAT THAT COULD BE FOR
summer sale

Arthea

I think Microsoft's conference was the "best" overall as it was just game after game, whereas Sony waffled on a bit about experiences and visions. What Nintendo showed didn't really pique my interest at all (so much for that Metroid pin being a hint), but I did like the interstitial interviews with developers. From what was shown, I'm looking forward to more details on:

- Cuphead
- Inside
- ABZU
- Uncharted 4

MS conference was much better than usual, it was so to the point, I was surprised.
Although, I must say I have interest only in couple of games shown at E3, mostly in ABZU and No Man's Sky, but last one was no new.

- Cuphead
- Inside
- ABZU
- Uncharted 4

Bloodborne, Sony wins for me.

JaseC

No Man's Sky is conceptually awesome but I've never been big on such grand-scale games.

Salsa

gonna post this here as well, just curious:

you know I have a question i've never really gotten an answer to and just ignored

how normal is it for your guys' monitors to be kinda fuzzy/display some sort of barely noticeable noise in certain colors? in my case some dark greys and blues (edit: only really barely noticeable when they cover almost the entire screen)?

im using a dvi to hdmi adaptor but it's the same with just hdmi, so it cant be an analog signal type issue

fantomena

- Cuphead
- Inside
- ABZU
- Uncharted 4

Disagree. MS was kinda indirectly pushed to only have games due to the PS4s domination. The only AAA game they had that made me interested in the Xbone was Sunset Overdrive. Phantom Dust is a niche game which may sell 1 million copies or so if they are lucky, Project Spark and the Master Chief Collection also comes to PC, Scalebound didn't interest me at all (looked kinda generic), but Crackdown looked good.

Pachimari

Marvel Heroes has a thread in the gaming community section. We have a supergroup if you're interested. They just added a tough as hell raid so if you're into that or just a f2p arpg looting game you can come play with us.

Yeah, that group were so friendly and helped me get into the game some days ago.

To me, Nintendo slightly won E3, only because of their software line-up.

EDIT:
Heh, got the first post on two consecutive pages.

zkylon

zkylewd

i don't care for this type of behavior

gonna post this here as well, just curious:

what's with you and monitors

no noise ever for me

No Man's Sky is conceptually awesome but I've never been big on such grand-scale games.
no many's sky sounds amazing and looks gorgeous but i want to know what the minute-to-minute is like

i'm disappointed they basically showed a different version of the vgas trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom