• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm meeting her tomorrow after work but before I go dancing at a Latin club.

If you want her to stop talking to you, do the following.

Be rude to any wait staff you come across. This is an instant turn off for a lot of people.

Hug her tightly and for an uncomfortable length of time when you meet, also rub your hand up and down her back.

Constantly interrupt her when she starts talking and don't apologise.

Go into lengthy rants about things that have annoyed you during the day

Failing all that, tell her she's not the type of woman you'd normally go for, but you're going through a dry spell...

That's if you genuinely want to her to stop talking to you, but from the way you're going about things, I get the feeling you like the attention. Could be wrong though...

Yo, so I picked up this girl tonight. We exchanged numbers... is it weird that she looks just like the girl I was supposed to move on from?

P.s Im drunk

Oh and I have to be up for work in 4.6 hours. Forgive me if Ibdont responď

Be rude to any wait staff you come across. This is an instant turn off for a lot of people.

Hug her tightly and for an uncomfortable length of time when you meet, also rub your hand up and down her back.

Failing all that, tell her she's not the type of woman you'd normally go for, but you're going through a dry spell...

That's if you genuinely want to her to stop talking to you, but from the way you're going about things, I get the feeling you like the attention. Could be wrong though...

"I'll never stop, Nancy. Never."
sexual_harassment_i_ll_never_stop_gif_by_digi_matrix-dbal1k5.gif

I'm meeting her tomorrow after work but before I go dancing at a Latin club.

Or simply, just stand her up.

Gaht dam I felt guilty spending a full $80 for these.

This is another pair I got recently.

Shoes are the one piece of clothing I care moderately about because I actually look at them. Though I already went through the "simplify style" phase elsewhere.

Don't be, shoes are fucking dope. Those ones look nice, my man. I'm in Japan and I'm stocking up on vans and Nike series that haven't released back home locally in Aus yet. Gonna be some jealous mates next time I see them, they're fiends for shoes.

I don't like this attention at all. I just wanna be able to date girls without crazy parental pressure to give an answer about whether I wanna marry them or not within a week.

It makes for some hilarious stories for you guys though.

Or just have an amazing date together and fall in love and live happily ever after 🤷

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don't like this attention at all. I just wanna be able to date girls without crazy parental pressure to give an answer about whether I wanna marry them or not within a week.

It makes for some hilarious stories for you guys though.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So...what do you do about it? Can you assert yourself and tell them to calm the fuck down? How old are you?

Going out to the bar isnt that fun anymore. I went to like 4 different bars and just felt old as fuck. Even the country bars are full of 19 year olds. I need a new game plan outside of Tinder and going to the bar.

Maybe try the beach but I think beach game may prove difficult.

Going out to the bar isnt that fun anymore. I went to like 4 different bars and just felt old as fuck. Even the country bars are full of 19 year olds. I need a new game plan outside of Tinder and going to the bar.

Maybe try the beach but I think beach game may prove difficult.

How's your abdominal game?

So...what do you do about it? Can you assert yourself and tell them to calm the fuck down? How old are you?

I am a 27 year old living with strict Indian parents.

So generally, I either get rejected, or I reject the girl, or there's mutual rejection. I mean, hey, if they introduce me to someone I like and have great chemistry that likes me back, let's go for it.

But the girls they have introduced me to to date have not really... worked out in any fashion. But when one of these set ups fall through, I get guilted and shamed by my dad lol.

He worries that I'll never get married. Too steeped in the old Desi ways.

Edit: I did talk to him yesterday about calming the fuck down and he admitted he panics and worries too much, but let's see if he remembers this talk or forgets and just goes full bore old man again.

Lookatyougo
But what do you do though? Stand in someones sun and wait for them to be like "excuse me you're blocking my sun" and then you be like "oh I'm sorry I didnt see you there, Hi my names so and so".... ?????

Or just stand around doing Mr. Universe poses until a girl comes and talks to you?

But what do you do though? Stand in someones sun and wait for them to be like "excuse me you're blocking my sun" and then you be like "oh I'm sorry I didnt see you there, Hi my names so and so".... ?????

Or just stand around doing Mr. Universe poses until a girl comes and talks to you?

I'm a fatass, so I'd do none of the above.

Xun

1st question. Can you earn money through your skills online?
I can, yes.

Honestly that seems more feasible than the average office job. You should be able to freelance your skills at the very least.

What he said. There aren't many lawyers who work like this either, but it can be done. I'm living proof.
I'm going to try and transition into freelance illustration on the side for the next year or so and then see how feasible it would be to work as a digital nomad.

In my head all I'd potentially need would be an iPad Pro, but I'm not quite sure if that would work practice...

Not really dating related but ya boys officially 25 wooo.
Prepare for life to go by a lot quicker from now on.

But seriously, happy birthday! ;)

Come on. At 27 what's their hold over you? You should be self sufficient by now. I was a few years younger than you before I sent that message to my parents and got them to stop giving me "advice" on how to live my life.

You know what happened? I did well and then they took credit for that as they raised me well. SMH.

AcridMeat

Banned
Those shoes look awesome dude
Don't be, shoes are fucking dope. Those ones look nice, my man. I'm in Japan and I'm stocking up on vans and Nike series that haven't released back home locally in Aus yet. Gonna be some jealous mates next time I see them, they're fiends for shoes.
My bad I didn't quote when I made that post. I was more saying "damn I wish I had $130 to drop on shoes." Thanks though I'm quite fond of 'em. Would share the pair of Clarks I have but looks like it's not on their site anymore.

My plan for the beach is usually sit around drinking and boogie board. Maybe you can catch a wave close to shore and start with a nice hello
clock-eyebrow.gif
without realizing the tide brought your trunks down too far.

Come on. At 27 what's their hold over you? You should be self sufficient by now. I was a few years younger than you before I sent that message to my parents and got them to stop giving me "advice" on how to live my life.

You know what happened? I did well and then they took credit for that as they raised me well. SMH.

It's just a lot of cultural baggage and how I was raised. Once I have a new job (I'm working with family at the moment), then I won't have to be surrounded by people that pressure me in that regard.

I'm pretty resistant, but it leads to a lot of combative encounters. My mom's chill, it's just my dad.

So generally, I either get rejected, or I reject the girl, or there's mutual rejection. I mean, hey, if they introduce me to someone I like and have great chemistry that likes me back, let's go for it.

But the girls they have introduced me to to date have not really... worked out in any fashion. But when one of these set ups fall through, I get guilted and shamed by my dad lol.

He worries that I'll never get married. Too steeped in the old Desi ways.

Edit: I did talk to him yesterday about calming the fuck down and he admitted he panics and worries too much, but let's see if he remembers this talk or forgets and just goes full bore old man again.

My parents are less strict, which is surprising considering we're muslim and pakistani (i.e. very traditional). I'm nearing 30, and have been able to pick the people I want to go on dates with. There are some arguments with my dad, mainly, but I'm trying to be logical about it and then he backs off when he gets the point. They've never had a rishta come over for me to check out. There is no age deadline, but that's just one of those sexist privilege things we men get. No big pressure for me to get married immediately. My sister definitely got that pressure for 2 years until she finally found a guy she actively wanted to interact with, and they got married (he is a massive geek like us) so that worked out thankfully. Hope your dad eases up on you.

My parents are less strict, which is surprising considering we're muslim and pakistani (i.e. very traditional). I'm nearing 30, and have been able to pick the people I want to go on dates with. There are some arguments with my dad, mainly, but I'm trying to be logical about it and then he backs off when he gets the point. They've never had a rishta come over for me to check out. There is no age deadline, but that's just one of those sexist privilege things we men get. No big pressure for me to get married immediately. My sister definitely got that pressure for 2 years until she finally found a guy she actively wanted to interact with, and they got married (he is a massive geek like us) so that worked out thankfully. Hope your dad eases up on you.

I can pick who I wanna date, but he's just trying to get me married asap. I don't know what the rush is. They have had a rishta come over to check me out, they sent them to scope me out at work, dragged me to people's houses, etc.

He keeps saying I'm getting old.

Archery got cancelled. She has to baby sit her neice.

We are gonna do something tomorrow though, and we are still on for Pasadena Monday.

What should we do tomorrow? We are meeting up after I get off work.

Still talking to the current girl. So far I've managed to survive the use of a Hunter x Hunter gif and goth music, both of which she was able to find humorous and appreciate (actually liked the song). I think I've actually spoken to this one more than the last one. She's pretty engaged as well. Apologized and gave a reason for not responding to a text, will ask me questions about the stuff I say and overall comes off as a pretty positive person. Haven't met her yet, but that's for next week since she's out of state at a family BBQ. Told her I bought new shoes, asked me what kind, I eventually showed her a picture of them and she likes them.

Haha I looked at my texts from last night and that girl whos number I got texted me asking for 5 shots of jameson for her and her friends. I said no. She never texted me back.

😂

Ixion090

So there's this Tinder girl I've been talking to for more than two weeks and she is great plus we have a lot in common. I've tried to get her to meet up with me but she always seems busy. Granted, I live in Caracas, Venezuela and the city turns into a literal warzone every other day because of the protests, so it's hard to arrange a meeting. But anyway, she had showed interest in me, even sexually over text, but no personal meeting as of yet.

And this morning something really strange happened. I was telling her that I woke up with an annoying headache and she asks "do you know what helps with headaches" and I ask her what. "Fucking," she answers. Okay, that's cool, a sexual conversation, it's not the first time we go that way. But she goes even further telling me that she knows because she had sex that morning with a random guy and it was great, only an hour before we started talking. She then goes to elaborately talk about the whole experience.

I guess I just don't know what to think about this whole situation, honestly.

EDIT: A few tweaks to make things clearer.

Yikes. I guess some girls are just more open about that kind of stuff. I was talking with a girl on Tinder who was big into the kink scene and she talked about her sexual exploits to me. I found it kinda hot.

Okay, I'm gonna go meet that chick in 45 minutes. I still have no idea what she looks like it. Her WhatsApp doesn't show her face.

I'll have to assume she'll know what I look like.

So there's this Tinder girl I've been talking to for more than two weeks and she is great plus we have a lot in common. I've tried to get her to meet up with me but she always seems busy. Granted, I live in Caracas, Venezuela and the city turns into a literal warzone every other day because of the protests, so it's hard to arrange a meeting. But anyway, she had showed interest in me, even sexually over text, but no personal meeting as of yet.

And this morning something really strange happened. I was telling her that I woke up with an annoying headache and she asks "do you know what helps with headaches" and I ask her what. "Fucking," she answers. Okay, that's cool, a sexual conversation, it's not the first time we go that way. But she goes even further telling me that she knows because she had sex that morning with a random guy and it was great, only an hour before we started talking. She then goes to elaborately talk about the whole experience.

Um, what?

She's too busy to meet but has enough time to hook up with random dudes?

Jesus Christ dude...you can't see what's happening here?

Ixion090

Um, what?

She's too busy to meet but has enough time to hook up with random dudes?

Jesus Christ dude...you can't see what's happening here?
Yeah, it's quite obvious she is not interested and most likely that conversation was a way to turn me off. So yeah, I can see what's happening lol

AcridMeat

Banned
Apparently she wants me to try jollibee. So we are gonna do that and then maybe karaoke.

Karaoke is my jam. Water Runs Dry by Boys 2 Men is my go to song.

Probably not the best song when on a date though.

Well either that or twist by Korn
Hellll yeah. Last couple weekends I went with friends. Found a tiny cabaret with just a stage and a bar. So damn fun when you get the crowd into it.

Hellll yeah. Last couple weekends I went with friends. Found a tiny cabaret with just a stage and a bar. So damn fun when you get the crowd into it.
I dont think I've ever laughed as hard as I have the time a good buddy of mine went up and just killed it to 'I will do anything for love' by Meatloaf. He nailed it and had a few dance moves. Shit was fucking hilarious.

I have to be pretty damn drunk to do it. I dont think I've ever done it on a date. I lack the testicular fortitude.

Jhoan

I've yet to go on a booze+karaoke date with a girl who's adventurous enough to sing I Ran So Far Away with me or Come Together. Get a few beers in me and I'll sing a river because I don't have singing chops. Heck, I'll even do it sober with Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Okay, so a sum up:

We met up for 90 mins. It was awkward. 75% of the time was us just awkwardly talking about how our parents are really intense about this shit. Zero chemistry. Wouldn't look me in the eyes much. She seemed unenthusiastic. She also gained 50 lbs between now and the last time I saw her two years ago. She was thoroughly... unrecognizable. It was weird.

So not a great date, but on the plus side, it turned out my friend was actually spying on us in disguise (he was sitting behind me in sunglasses and a hat and I didn't even realize!) and he concurred with my thoughts.

Okay, so a sum up:

We met up for 90 mins. It was awkward. 75% of the time was us just awkwardly talking about how our parents are really intense about this shit. Zero chemistry. Wouldn't look me in the eyes much. She seemed unenthusiastic. She also gained 50 lbs between now and the last time I saw her two years ago. She was thoroughly... unrecognizable. It was weird.

So not a great date, but on the plus side, it turned out my friend was actually spying on us in disguise (he was sitting behind me in sunglasses and a hat and I didn't even realize!) and he concurred with my thoughts.

Your life is a sitcom confirmed.

Well, two Brazilian dudes are seriously upset that I'm not on vacation with them. Another gay dude was like, "They have amazing taste. You're good looking."

My romantic life would be so much easier if I were so inclined.

I just know that whatever I'm throwing down, no one's picking up lately, at least on the ladies' side. I have a date on Monday, but I really need a c-c-c-c-combo breaker: I'm also not at all excited about the date, as I'm just so tired of contrived first dates.

"Drop the Zero and get with the Hero"
Then never message her again unless she complies 😉

vypek

Okay, so a sum up:

Sounds like a real rough time but also hilarious cause of your friend being a great spy in such simple gear.

I've tried to get her to meet up with me but she always seems busy.

Sounds like excuses.

she had sex that morning with a random guy and it was great

Oh, no, she was telling the truth.

Don't sweat it.

I have to ask and hope I'm not sounding insensitive: what's it like using Tinder in Caracas given what's going on? Seems like one hell of an atmosphere to try and go out and enjoy a date and do all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom