• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

Do you enjoy pain and suffering? What about watching your favorite character die an unjust and gruesome death? If yes, then dude...you should seriously get some fucking help. This is not the place for that, but boy will it make you feel worse.

Welcome to THE 100 SEASON 4 OT

16114742_1193222254058810_3298043620122319806_n.png

I have some pretty decent personal standards and I've never watched the show before! What is it?

Well, my cute little button, The 100 is a show based on a bunch of fucked up teens that get sent to Earth because their parents are sadists after the planet was devastated 97 years prior by a nuclear apocalypse. There's a lot of death and angsty whining, and a lot of sexual intercourse with an aura of death around each and every sinful action, and the show itself will make you want to drink bleach sometimes, but other than that, it's pretty good. Since I'm absolutely shit at this kind of stuff, here's a synopsis of all three seasons. Basically, The 100 is like if Battlestar Galactica had a threesome with Dawson's Creek and Game of Thrones, and their messed up offspring turned out to be Lord of the Flies.

Anyway, I digress.

SEASON 1 said:
Set in the distant future, 97 years after a nuclear apocalypse has devastated the surface of the Earth, the only survivors are the approximately 2,400 inhabitants of 12 national space stations that were in orbit at the time of the apocalypse, which have come together in a massive station known as the Ark.

Three generations have survived in space. The Ark has strict measures, including population control and capital punishment for citizens over 18 years of age. Eventually, life support on the Ark begins to fail. For the first time in nearly a century, there is talk of returning to Earth.

100 juveniles convicted of various crimes are sent to Earth to see if it is survivable. Among them is 17-year-old Clarke Griffin, the daughter of the Ark's chief medical officer and chief engineer, Wells Jaha, son of the Chancellor Thelonious Jaha, "spacewalker" Finn Collins, Jasper Jordan, Monty Green, Octavia Blake and her stowaway brother Bellamy Blake.

Technologically blind to what is happening to the 100 on Earth, the Ark’s leaders, Chancellor Jaha, second in command Marcus Kane, Councilwoman Abigail Griffin, and the rest of the Council are faced with difficult decisions about life, death, and the continued existence of the human race.

For the 100, Earth is an alien planet. The 100 quickly discover Earth can be magical one moment and lethal the next.

With the survival of the human race entirely in their hands, the 100 must find a way to transcend their differences, unite, and forge a new path on a radically changed Earth that is primitive, intense and teeming with the unknown.

SEASON 2 said:
The epic second season picks up with the group still scattered and desperate to be reunited. As members of The 100 and new arrivals from the Ark stake out their place in a dangerous and beautiful new world, they are confronted with the physical peril and moral dilemmas that come with reforging society. What kind of life will they build? And what will it cost them? This season’s quest will challenge them more than anything that’s come before. Hearts will be broken. Lives will be lost. Heroes will be born.

SEASON 3 said:
For two seasons, the refugees of The 100 sent to Earth have been at war. First with themselves, then with the Grounders, and finally with Mount Weather. Many have lost their lives along the way. All have lost their innocence. They have learned the hard way that in the fight for survival, there are no heroes and no villains. There is only the living and the dead. But now the war is over. The battle against Mount Weather has been won. The prisoners have returned home to a world seemingly at peace, but can they find peace within themselves after what they had to do to escape? And is there more to life than just surviving?

Unfortunately, their newfound sense of normalcy will be short-lived, and their lives will be changed forever, as threats both old and new test their loyalties, push them past their limits and make them question what it truly means to be human. First, they fought to survive. Then, they fought for their friends. Now, they will fight for the human race.

TIME FOR SOME CHARACTER BIOS
ddQCO1N.png

ELIZA TAYLOR as Clarke Griffin- Clarke is your soon-to-be favorite little murder machine. The daughter of Abigail Griffin, the Ark's head doctor, and Jake Griffin, chief engineer, she is really good at saving people's lives (unless she's slept with them, apparently. I'm not bitter at all.) Clarke's hobbies include killing people, being a sassy bitch, making out with girls, art, suffering unjustly, and appreciating her Good Earth Cleavage™ on Twitter.

qq332zD.png

BOB MORLEY as Bellamy Blake - Bellamy is the older brother of Octavia (see below) and he's really emo and whiny. He kinda sucks, honestly. There really isn't anything special about him other than the fact that he has a rockin' body. His hobbies include mass genocide, being emo, making Clarke make all the tough decisions, and being way too overprotective of his little sister.

a99jTUi.png

MARIE AVGEROPOULOS as Octavia Blake - Your typical "sheltered girl turned badass"). Octavia was raised under the floorboards on the Ark because of the one child rule, and she's really bitter about it. Since coming to Earth, she's trained in Grounder fighting styles and has become someone you definitely don't want to mess with if you can avoid it. Her hobbies include watching butterflies, having sex with her boyfriend, Lincoln, and telling people to shut the fuck up.

BKuCFhL.png

LINDSEY MORGAN as Raven Reyes - MY SPIRIT ANIMAL. Raven is absolutely the Ark's best mechanic. Since being sent to Earth by Clarke's mom in order to save her boyfriend (who Clarke banged, lol), she's adopted a solid "give no fucks" attitude. She struggles sometimes, but she's sassy and mean and I will, personally, protect her with my life. Raven's hobbies include fixing shit, making out with Clarke's mom, saying quirky and offensive one-liners, and telling people to shut the fuck up.

PsrPLel.png

ALYCIA DEBNAM-CAREY as Commander Lexa kom Trikru, Heda of the 13 Clans, Protector of Polis, Lady of Earth, the Undying, and the Mother of Lesbians - Boy, what do I say about Lexa. Well, for starters, she's an absolute fucking badass. Like, she kicks people off of towers on the daily just because they annoy her. She's also an amazing fighter, absolutely gorgeous, and she commands the respect and adoration of her people. As leader of the Grounders, she's had to make a lot of hard choices regarding their safety, but that's okay, because she's perfect in every single way and we ALL here in The 100 OT appreciate her for who she is. In season 3, she finally had beautiful, sweaty, gay sex with Clarke and now, they are in a committed relationship and live together in harmony in Lexa's giant tower in Polis. Her hobbies include falling asleep while reading books, Clarke, killing people, candles, living, Clarke, mentoring little children, being a dramatic bitch, Clarke, and telling people to shut the fuck up.

OTHER CHARACTERS THAT DEFINITELY MATTER (from left to right)
6bbpvWY.png
cvuxyWn.png
2YbA1nT.png
FYwuVRZ.png
oBamFOX.png
FuS56TU.png

PAIGE TURCO as Dr. Abigail Griffin
HENRY IAN CUSICK as Marcus Kane
ISAIAH WASHINGTON as Thelonious Jaha
DEVON BOSTICK as Jasper Jordan
CHRISTOPHER LARKIN as Monty Green
RICHARD HARMON as John Murphy

PROMO MATERIAL

The 100 Sizzle Reel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3koIh0Izwk]Season 4 Trailer"[/url]

SEASON 4 SYNOPSIS

For three seasons, The 100 have fought to survive. That fight has torn them apart, turned them against each other, and taken the lives of their closest friends. In season three, our heroes found themselves at the epicenters of both the Grounder world and the struggle for Arkadia’s soul. Despite their best efforts, all out war appeared unavoidable until a new, even more dangerous threat, one that had been quietly rising all along, exploded to the surface: ALIE, the A.I. that ended the world, offered relief from pain and eternal life in the “City of Light,” but as her ranks grew, it quickly became clear that she was building an army dedicated to controlling all sentient life on Earth. This was no longer a battle between warring factions; it was a fight for humanity itself. Now, in the wake of the epic season three finale, a hard truth lands on the shoulders of those who remain. What’s left to fight for now? Will they go quietly into the night, or will they find hope and faith in each other, as they face their darkest chapter yet?

Well, that’s about all I’ve got, folks. Buckle in for another crazy ride.

eJsNz9n.gif

(Special thanks to everyone who put up with my bitterness last season.)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Great thread, WhereAreMahDragonz. I'm buckled in and ready for another emotional rollercoaster.

That was a fun OP to read, thanks for that. Even though S3 didn't resonate with me as much as the first two I am definitely going to be watching this. One thing this show really does well is exciting situations (crossing desert minefield, hanging onto rope over cliff, insane brain chip plot, etc). It's going to be entertaining whatever happens.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Bellarke is gonna cause some epic meltdowns, lol.

I'll probably still watch for some Clarke making-hard-decisions, though.

Smoolio

Yes! No lies detected in the OT. Watching for Clarke. Hope she sacrifices the 100 while saying "for my people", then plugs in Chippy Lexa and lives happily ever after.

TripOpt55

After really loving Season 2, I was pretty disappointed with the third season. I'm hoping I enjoy it more this year. I still really enjoy the world and seeing all the different factions and stuff like that. Great job with the OT.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Looking forward to seeing Octavia up her body count. Trailer looks like she does.

Yeeees! This is going to be Octavia's season, I can just feel it. Blood must have blood.

I wonder if that sexy lady Melissa is it? Regrets her decision to forsake the 100 for the walking dead spinoff.

I think you're talking about Alycia? In a way I hope, because I kind of blame her. But in the other hand I can understand her decision.

It still sucks tho.

Nice OT! And very hyped for next season!

Personally, I can't wait to see how Clarke and Lexa's wedding turns out. What kind of cake will there be? And who catches the flowers? Do they do rings or some kind of weird tattoo ceremony?

So many questions!

Elandyll

Banned
Yeeeeess!

Funny thing is that on some level I would ackowledge that the show is somewhat trash, but on the other I also think it is just downright awesome too (boy am I glad I didn't give up on it at the end of S1, the bloody finale was enough to keep me intrigued).

Most hyped I've been for the return of a show (beside Lucifer) between the fall 2016 and now.

Grizzlyjin

What I really want to know is when Clarke's Season 1 jacket makes its return.

bcbgmaxaxria-morgan-faux-bomber-jacket.jpg

Nameless

Can't believe this is back already. Last year flew by at warp speed, jesus. Anyway the last 3rd or so of S3 shat the bed big time but I'm still a fan. Will watch after the season ends with how the new Netflix deal works.

Top Bottom