• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Ephemeris

3d7Z7r0.png

0kzJyWx.png

• Genres: ACTION/Adventure, Vengeance, Driving Simulator
  • Developer: : Rocksteady Studios
  • Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
  • Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC. [SteamOS, Linux and Mac in Fall 2015.]
  • Price: US$59.99 (Standard) / US$99.99 (Limited Edition) US$99.99 (Premium Edition. Includes Season Pass)
  • Release Date: October 14, 2014. Nope. June 2nd, 2015 ! Nope. Jun 23, 2015? YES.
  • Justice: : Yes.

OvszEUn.png

8H56fqY.png

io9c9lw.png

Important: Last minute Minimum Requirements Update

cSwejdM.png

phYnEUv.jpg

In Arkham Knight, you are playing as Batman in his Prime. Many of the gadgets and the gameplay elements from the previous Arkham games return, but as the most dangerous man on the earth, you’ve picked up a few new things since your last outing.

6BInZR8.jpg

The "Disruptor" rifle can be used to disable or detonate enemy weapons and drone turrets, booby-trap weapon crates to shock enemies who attempt to arm themselves, and tag vehicles for Batman to track.

SzNmKPc.jpg

Batman can use some gadgets while gliding, such as batarangs or the line-launcher. Gliding has also been upgraded allowing for faster, longer sustained flights, steeper dives and higher climbs. The grapnel gun can now be used to instantly switch directions during a glide, as well as being fired twice while in the air to chain grapnel moves together.

VMuqsP2.jpg

Changes to the combat system include the ability to combine attacks on prone enemies without interrupting the streak. Batman can counter enemy attacks and throw them into other enemies for increased damage. Arkham Knight introduces the "Fear Takedown", where Batman can subdue up to three enemies simultaneously as long as he remains undetected; time is slowed after each take down, allowing the player to target the next enemy. Hazardous items within the area such as power generators can be integrated into combat for environmental attacks. The Goddamn Batman is also capable of disarming enemies wielding items like baseball bats and using the acquired weapon on several foes before it breaks.

NqabLGg.jpg

Arkham Knight introduces "Dual Play", in which players can seamlessly switch control of Batman to one of his allies: Robin, Nightwing, or Catwoman while in Free Flow Combat. Each successful, uninterrupted attack adds to the players' combat score, which carries over between each controlled character, and unlocks double-team takedowns on opponents at higher scores.
bat33s1m.gif

• The City is available to the player from the start. No boundaries.
  • Alternate outfits/skins are available right from the start. It's all in-game now so the outfit choices will carry over into cut-scenes.
  • No loading screens while entering areas.
  • New Game Plus. Unlocked after completing the main story. You can go in and take all of your previous XP, gadgets, abilities and Riddler trophies that you’ve unlocked so far.

11btZub.png

vy8u4Eu.png

For the first time in the Arkham series, we finally have access to the Batmobile. Batman has his 1 rule. His car doesn't.

tvNANVs.gif

This German-engineered, 1-billion dollar bulletproof TANK be summoned to the player's location at will while on foot, or airborne. While in the car, Batman can eject for a glide boost. Like Batman, the Batmobile can be upgraded with new abilities.
Also, some Riddler Trophies also feature objectives requiring the car. The vehicle features the ability to perform jumps, speed boosts, rotate on the spot, smash through obstacles and fire missiles that can immobilize enemy vehicles. The Car can also be controlled and driven remotely.
ibwmhr8bvg9c3vyfuuo.gif

Pursuit Mode
  • 1200 bhp. Top speed of 209 mph without afterburner.
  • 0-60 mph in 2.7 seconds. Goes 0-100 real quick.
  • Electromagnetic ejector seat for dem sweet glide boosts.
  • AI and Remote Guidance systems.
  • Immobilizer Laser/Infrared homing Missiles
  • Containment Unit. Seats 3 for Passenger transport. Resistant to kinetic forces exceeding 4,500 lb/sq in.
  • 4 ft 7 inch (1.40 m) bulletproof synthetic fiber composite wheels with advanced all terrain traction tech; Air brakes with regenerative energy system provides a 78% stopping distance reduction.

itvrvtmrps8deelu2z.gif
Battle Mode
  • Blast Resistant Armor Plating
  • 25mm anti-tank and surface-to-air Vulcan gun.
  • 60mm Cannon; velocity of 1,680 meters per second and estimated to penetrate 820 mm of steel armor at point blank range
  • Riot Suppressor - non-lethal slam rounds designed to deliver minimum long-term trauma & render combatant immobile.
  • Electroshock defense. 200-300 Kv range on the front and rear.
  • Gyroscopic wheels Capable of 360 lateral spin for combat maneuvering
  • Winch - Multipurpose grapple claw with a 60 meter range and capable of supporting up to 2.2 tons of weight.
    batmobile26xcf.gif

TyJNsfg.png

e9vEpt2.png
j7uPia9.png
NdqcziS.png

79KYTGc.png

• Limited Edition
  • Custom Art Book - 80 Page, Full Color Art Book Showcasing the concept art of Batman Arkham Knight
  • Limited Edition Steel Book - Unique Steel Book case and game disc
  • Comic Book - Limited Edition DC Comics Batman: Arkham Knight #0 Comic Book
  • Exclusive Character Skin Pack - Three Unique Skins from DC Comics - The New 52
  • Batman Statue

4n4U0PP.png

Dear Batman: Arkham Fans,

We regret to inform you that we are not able to release the Batmobile Collector's Edition of Batman: Arkham Knight due to unforeseen circumstances that greatly compromised the quality of this extremely limited run of product.
We are deeply apologetic for this unfortunate outcome. If you did pre-order the Batmobile Collector's Edition, please go to the retail location where you pre-ordered the product and you will receive a full refund of your deposit or it can be rolled over to another Batman: Arkham Knight edition or another product of your choice.
We will be providing everyone who purchases Batman: Arkham Knight with the New 52 skin pack, including Batman, Robin and Nightwing, free of charge.

WFhNpIL.png

PlayStation Exclusive:
AcwbBG8.png

Season Pass:
DsvVe0b.jpg

• Batgirl: A Matter of Family
    An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series - check out the first render of Batgirl.

The Season of Infamy
    Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.

Gotham City Stories
    Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks
    Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.

Crimefighter Challenge Maps
    Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.

Character Skins
    A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.
Note: Premium Edition & Season Pass owners will receive all retail exclusive DLC ( Harley Quinn and Red Hood Story Packs, and the Prototype Batmobile etc) after their respective early access periods expire ( August/September)

Ephemeris

kd2iCsU.png

Bill Finger for making The Batman we know and love.
DC for 75 years of Batman goodness. Rocksteady for an awesome series.
Neogaffer1 for the DLC Spreadsheet
BATGAF for keeping the hype going.
Moss, JoJo UK and Zakalwe for the OT Title
Thomas and Martha Wayne for exiting the theater through the back-alley in Park Row.

Thanks for reading!

qoznV7T.png

noomi

awww yisss!

I'm so ready for this, been waiting and waiting for Batman to come back, can't wait to play!

Hopefully they change release to midnight, right now it looks like 1PM EST :(

Lagamorph

Did anyone else pre-order from Nuuvem?

My account page is now showing my key, or more keys. For some reason I've got two keys listed on my account under Arkham Knight. I thought one was for the game and the other might be for something like the Red Hood DLC. However when I try to register the second code, I get a message that the product is already registered to my account (thought it doesn't tell me what that product is).

Ephemeris

Trained in a remote, harsh environment in elite survival and fighting methods: Check
Return a Rich playboy getting your vigilante on: Check
Trying not to fail your city: Check.
Refusing Ra's al Ghul as his heir: Check.
Donning green and using arrows to fight crime: Nope.
aa7m1ui3.gif

Did anyone else pre-order from Nuuvem?

My account page is now showing my key, or more keys. For some reason I've got two keys listed on my account under Arkham Knight. I thought one was for the game and the other might be for something like the Red Hood DLC. However when I try to register the second code, I get a message that the product is already registered to my account (thought it doesn't tell me what that product is).

I think I read that the preorder stuff has to be registered after the main game. I also bought from Nuuvem but haven't tried registering yet.

I sold out and broke my one rule and pulled the trigger on buying the season pass for $24. I figure since the game came with my 970 I might as well for that price, I'm sure it'll get a 50% discount at some point before all the content is released (and it better not suck) but meh, it's only four bucks. Got it immediately and added it to Steam without issue. WB better not pull the "this isn't part of the season pass" bullshit with some content.

Again, this is the correct code: 40OFFB-ATAKVC-GMGRB9

Since the Harley pre-order DLC required a code I'm guessing that no, us NVIDIA promo people won't be getting it. Oh well, see it in a couple months.

Nine hours or less to go! WHEEE! Hopefully the new driver isn't shit.

Lagamorph

I think I read that the preorder stuff has to be registered after the main game. I also bought from Nuuvem but haven't tried registering yet.

The first key I registered as for the main game. The second key I tried just says "This product is already registered on this account". I'm wondering if they've given me two keys for the game....

TP

Nice OT, I love it when people decide to keep it real simp-

oh 5 posts

I'm wondering if they've given me two keys for the game....

That's not it, I tried to redeem the second key first and got a you must own the base game message

so it is dlc

we'll have to wait until the game releases to see if it's in the dlc section I guess

GavinUK86

Hate to be that guy but I hope this OT is still work in progress.

edit: after refreshing I see that it is.

edit 2: haha, most of those gifs are mine.

Tizoc

I am disappointed we didn't go with this
B2sNrSX.gif

Especially when Jiraya from Naruto said those exact phrases.

SJRB

Gold Member
fdyJbRE.jpg

Batman: Arkham Knight - Original Video Game Score, Vol. 1 - Nick Arundel & David Buckley

Available: 23rd of June

Tracklist:
1. Arkham Knight - Main Theme - David Buckley
2. How It Happened - David Buckley
3. Evening The Odds - Nick Arundel
4. Nature Always Wins - David Buckley
5. Pursuit - Nick Arundel
6. Clock Tower - David Buckley
7. Invasion - Nick Arundel
8. Remnants - Nick Arundel
9. Scum, Criminals and Worse - Nick Arundel
10. Gunrunner - David Buckley
11. On The Hunt - Nick Arundel
12. Vendetta - David Buckley
13. Allegiance - David Buckley
14. Nowhere To Run - David Buckley
15. Lost Soul - David Buckley
16. Guardian - Nick Arundel
17. Dark Skies - David Buckley
18. Insurgency - Nick Arundel
19. Bodycount - Nick Arundel
20. The Chamber - David Buckley
21. Fear Within - Nick Arundel
22. Inner Demon - Nick Arundel
23. Darkest Knight - Nick Arundel
24. All Who Follow You - Nick Arundel
25. Trauma - David Buckley
26. Contingency - David Buckley
27. Crowd Control - David Buckley

Note: all track titles are abstract concepts [i.e. "Darkest Night"] and don't spoil anything, but put them in tags just in case.

iTunes link

MattyG

Banned
OP, I think your spec requirements chart might be a tad off. I don't think a 760 is going to run it at ultra.

Edit: Just realized that you might just have that as a placholder while you wait for benchmarks.

Jb

I told myself I wouldn't pick this one up until I finished Invisible Inc/Axiom Verge.
But it just looks so damn fun :(

Excellent OP :)

E the Shaggy

Bestbuy website says my order is ready for pickup...
!?!?!?!?!

Oh shit, mine does too! I'd better call first to make sure, but that would be HUGE.

E: Just called, it's sitting there and they sent out the email, but they can't release it until tomorrow. Drag.

Simo

Glorious OT. Well done, OP!
Yt14CJp.gif

fdyJbRE.jpg

Batman: Arkham Knight - Original Video Game Score, Vol. 1 - Nick Arundel & David Buckley

Available: 23rd of June

Tracklist:
1. Arkham Knight - Main Theme - David Buckley
2. How It Happened - David Buckley
3. Evening The Odds - Nick Arundel
4. Nature Always Wins - David Buckley
5. Pursuit - Nick Arundel
6. Clock Tower - David Buckley
7. Invasion - Nick Arundel
8. Remnants - Nick Arundel
9. Scum, Criminals and Worse - Nick Arundel
10. Gunrunner - David Buckley
11. On The Hunt - Nick Arundel
12. Vendetta - David Buckley
13. Allegiance - David Buckley
14. Nowhere To Run - David Buckley
15. Lost Soul - David Buckley
16. Guardian - Nick Arundel
17. Dark Skies - David Buckley
18. Insurgency - Nick Arundel
19. Bodycount - Nick Arundel
20. The Chamber - David Buckley
21. Fear Within - Nick Arundel
22. Inner Demon - Nick Arundel
23. Darkest Knight - Nick Arundel
24. All Who Follow You - Nick Arundel
25. Trauma - David Buckley
26. Contingency - David Buckley
27. Crowd Control - David Buckley

Note: all track titles are abstract concepts [i.e. "Darkest Night"] and don't spoil anything, but put them in tags just in case.

iTunes link

Cool. I guess since thats Volume 1 then the more spoiler filled OST will follow after the game's release? Good thinking.

Anyone have experience working with Nuuvem customer service? They sent me only one code but when I try to activate it on Steam it says it is not entered in correctly. I tried copy and paste and entering it manually but nothing seems to work.

Simo

Wait, this is going to be in community and not in the gaming section?

Nah OP is just working on the OT while it's in the Community. It'll be moved to Gaming when it's done.

Actually it's a pretty good setup because that way you can get it ready and see how it lays out, and reserve more posts, without posting it in Gaming and getting jumped on. lol

Portman

I'm excited! I've been waiting on this one since last fall and played the previous games again in the spring to get ready.

Just got to get my driver updated tonight and get the pre-load ready and then I'm good to go. I will be watching the thread but otherwise I'm on lock-down to avoid spoilers.

Great thread title too. Although now I'm sad about PGR ending on the 4th game :(

Top Bottom