• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Tall4Life

Well we know Paul is bolting to Hollywood as soon as this season is up.

If the Thunder do great he won't. Said so in a recent interview, that his stanning for the Lakers was overblown. If they're a championship contender he stays. I think even if he makes the WCF he'll stay.

I don't entirely trust Windhorst's reporting on anything, let alone this. The bit about Kyrie not wanting to play with LeBron any longer is entirely inconsistent with everything Kyrie has said about loving playing with LeBron. (Years back, before LBJ returned to Cleveland, Windhorst reported things about Irving where Kyrie essentially said Windhorst was making things up, couldn't be further from the truth. [Edit: here])

That said, if Kyrie either knows or simply has a strong belief that LeBron will leave next summer, it makes sense to ask for a trade now because fat chance the Cavs will cut him loose next summer if and when LeBron bolts. He has a better chance of landing somewhere this summer while the Cavs believe they might still be able to influence LeBron to stay.

Who says no?
DFSMsWgUQAARxs3

Are you kidding?

For real though, the Finals loss got this whole organization shook.

Question: is this the first time LBJ has been the one blindsided by a big player move, rather than being the one doing the blindsiding?

I don't entirely trust Windhorst's reporting on anything, let alone this. The bit about Kyrie not wanting to play with LeBron any longer is entirely inconsistent with everything Kyrie has said about loving playing with LeBron. (Years back, before LBJ returned to Cleveland, Windhorst reported things about Irving where Kyrie essentially said Windhorst was making things up, couldn't be further from the truth.)

That said, if Kyrie either knows or simply has a strong belief that LeBron will leave next summer, it makes sense to ask for a trade now because fat chance the Cavs will cut him loose next summer if and when LeBron bolts. He has a better chance of landing somewhere this summer while the Cavs believe they might still be able to influence LeBron to stay.

Totally makes sense.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't entirely trust Windhorst's reporting on anything, let alone this. The bit about Kyrie not wanting to play with LeBron any longer is entirely inconsistent with everything Kyrie has said about loving playing with LeBron. (Years back, before LBJ returned to Cleveland, Windhorst reported things about Irving where Kyrie essentially said Windhorst was making things up, couldn't be further from the truth.)

What do you expect Kyrie to say? "I hate sharing the spotlight with LBJ, my teammate."

Are you kidding?

Question: is this the first time LBJ has been the one blindsided by a big player move, rather than being the one doing the blindsiding?

Yup. Seems like karma gonna start catching up with Lebron now.

phanphare

Banned
Are you kidding?

I doubt lebron was blindsided by this and it actually makes it all the easier for him to leave next season

If the Thunder do great he won't. Said so in a recent interview, that his stanning for the Lakers was overblown. If they're a championship contender he stays. I think even if he makes the WCF he'll stay.
PG only said that so the OKC fans won't burn down his condo. He's gone after the season regardless of how well the team does.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The roster put around him, sorry doesn't even begin to describe how bad it was.

2012:

Trisran Thompson
CJ Miles
Dion Waiters
Shaun Livingston
Ramon Sessions
Luke Walton
Antawn Jamison
Varejao
Casspi
Anthony Parker

How many top 15 players couldn't have gotten them to an 8th seed?

Nafai1123

Banned
I can't becleve it. Wanting a trade after 3 straight Finals? Bron still gonna be there next year bro. Might as well try to get the chip one last time. Bunch of stars in the league would just be happy to get to there once in their careers.

Tall4Life

PG only said that so the OKC fans won't burn down his condo. He's gone after the season regardless of how well the team does.

Even if he wins a championship? Not saying that's going to happen, but still. He's not stupid.

Paul Pierce wanted to go to the Lakers as well but he stuck it out. You can't be that much of a homer.

I can't becleve it. Wanting a trade after 3 straight Finals? Bron still gonna be there next year bro. Might as well try to get the chip one last time. Bunch of stars past their prime in the league would just be happy to get to there once in their careers.

there fixed...

Fjordson

2012:

Trisran Thompson
CJ Miles
Dion Waiters
Shaun Livingston
Ramon Sessions
Luke Walton
Antawn Jamison
Varejao
Casspi
Anthony Parker

Even if you look at last season with better players: Cavs were -120 in 635 minutes with Kyrie on and Lebron off the floor.

He's uber-talented, but needs the right kinda support.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I'm interested to see how Kyrie does on his own again, because we all know how awful the Cavs are when he's out there without LeBron.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
2012:

Trisran Thompson
CJ Miles
Dion Waiters
Shaun Livingston
Ramon Sessions
Luke Walton
Antawn Jamison
Varejao
Casspi
Anthony Parker

Dear god man, watch what you are posting!! That is scary stuff.

teepo

Why would you want to stay on that team with that owner and Lebron leaving?

i'm largely calling him a moron because apparently he wants to return to being the focal point of an offense and yet requested a trade to the spurs.

and i wasn't entirely convinced lebron is leaving though this changes everything

Bread

Banned
2012:

Trisran Thompson
CJ Miles
Dion Waiters
Shaun Livingston
Ramon Sessions
Luke Walton
Antawn Jamison
Varejao
Casspi
Anthony Parker

You for real? That team is absolute trash. Waiters was a mess, TT had no basketball skills, and the rest are bench filler.

2012:

Trisran Thompson
CJ Miles
Dion Waiters
Shaun Livingston
Ramon Sessions
Luke Walton
Antawn Jamison
Varejao
Casspi
Anthony Parker

Put Lebron in Kyries spot on this roster and even he couldn't take this squad to the 8th seed.

Slizeezyc

Kyrie Irving is like Kevin Love but just didn't get to be Kevin Love for as many years on the bad teams he inevitably would have been on without Bron so people didn't slap him with the fake superstar label (also pretty sure his shoe sells like crazy, which probably helps avoid that). Why would he want to leave LeBron? LeBron made it so he could just play into his instincts of score, make and take bad shots, and only play defense against the Warriors.

Why use not wanting to play with Bron for cover when Bron helped make him, and Bron maybe leaves in a year anyway? What a messsssss.

This makes no sense. If you are a pure scorer that isn't a good playmaker like Kyrie you want to be next to Lebron.

He is a once in a lifetime intelligent playmaker that's giving you open looks for days. He is the perfect teammate for you

And you want to go to the Spurs to be the focal point? They have a guy who is a better scorer than you and can actually play defense.

Top Bottom