• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan299

My twitter feed is just random shit about it. People keep retweeting ThisGenGaming who says the seller of the slim texted them the release date is the 14th.

You'll need a clear case, the finish on the new XL is extremely prone to peeling and it's all black underneath, a few sessions of sweaty palm MH or lunatic fire emeblem can ruin it really quickly

Oh wow. I've had my N3DSXL for almost two years now and the finish is still fine after regular use. Do you have one of the limited editions or just the regular ones? (I have metallic blue)

The N3DS cover plates, though, have been a disappointment it seems. Scratch really easily or they aren't printed all the way around so some of them have unsightly white lines at the edges.

Xenoflare

If so then Neo is going to miss out on the holidays and have its time advantage staved off by a big chunk against Scorpio.

Too risky, I think it won't happen, but I won't be surprised if I'm wrong if spec bump is involved

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Looks bad, cheaper. Maybe because it is. They need something looking much sleeker. Here's hoping Neo achieves that.

Plum

From the PushSquare post:

630x.jpg

Yeah, those aren't nice plastics at all.

Yeah this really needs a low price point, doesn't have anywhere near the build quality to justify a >£250 price point.

Aww man I liked the look of the original PS4. I guess smaller is better in this case.
I can't believe we're still apparently going to be stuck on 500GB systems though. There better be a price drop to $300 coming up.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
The picture of the back looked like the HDD bay was there, but in the more recent pics there's another bay at the side.

So which one is the HDD drive, and what's the other one?

Oh why are there multiple expansion ports on the slim? HDD covers on the back and side? Doesn't make sense.

This!

vg260

Cutting out the optical audio out sucks.

I hated when the last 360 model did this, and was happy the Xbox One S kept it.

I certainly hope the Neo has it.

pswii60

I'm seeing unconfirmed rumors that the release is Sep 14 and Neo is being held until March.
That'd be a huge mistake - I'll just wait for Scorpio if NEO isn't launching until March given the spec gap. If it gets a holiday release this year though then I'll definitely be getting it.

Vena

I guess traditional hard drives are the biggest limitation nowadays when trying to make these consoles smaller. SSDs are still too expensive also.

Disc drives and HDDs are both up there for the size limiters in verticality, though the disc drive also limits your square-area.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Instead of a price cut, I was hoping they would just change the design and add a 2TB hdd & UHD drive. 500gb needs to be a thing of the past... especially on a system where you can't add an external drive.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Yeah this really needs a low price point, doesn't have anywhere near the build quality to justify a >£250 price point.

You got all that from a pic? Build quality isn't about the shape of buttons, it's about not dying in two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom