• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man what's up with Sony and their slim designs? Like I think PS3 and PS4 are two of the most beautiful looking consoles but their slim counterparts are ugly as sin.

The point of a slim is to make it cheaper, so they use cheaper materials and build it in the cheapest way possible.

And the looks are the least important thing about a console.

WadeitOut

No.

While 4KTV's are the future (until 8K/whatever comes after it), the penetration of 4KTV's is nowhere near 1080P TV's. PlayStation is a global product, so at no point should Sony base their entire PlayStation business based on early 4K adoption rates in a handful of markets.

Agree to disagree. I hope people realize that the main reason why 4K wasn't a massive deal last Holiday is because most UHD releases were delayed until 2016. I don't even think the Samsung UHD player was for sale at the time. If it was it was sold out a lot. There are going to be a ton of additional UHD movies coming out this fall to go along with the ones already released this year.

4K TV's are going to be the #1 ticket item this holiday, book it.

I am sure it's a controlled leak.

Venom fox, did the seller look like that?

2016-08-21_22-54-0694pqk.png

Audioboxer

Yes. I contacted the seller and received the images at 2:23pm and received a response at 2:46/47pm (the minute ticked over during sending).

I also have an iMessage thread on my phone, my Mac all from the phone number on his Gumtree listing when you contact via SMS. That's where I received the messages.

Polygon got the images from me, and yes, I work for Vox Media and Polygon. I originally received a DM about the Gumtree link from a friend of mine who I lovingly refer to as a Sony Pony. There's no controversy here, friends.

I did not source them from GAF. Anyway, I'm out. See y'all on WrestleGAF.

If this is true sorry for blasting you/Polygon on this. Considering we watched it break in real time with a GAFer who individually baited the seller for those screenshots (he said he was coming to buy) it's not hard to see the connections we all made once Polygon posted the article and then IGN sourced the pics to them.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Man what's up with Sony and their slim designs? Like I think PS3 and PS4 are two of the most beautiful looking consoles but their (super) slim counterparts are ugly as sin.

PS3 always looked like a horrible grill.

I think PS3 Slim, PS2 Slim and PS4 are the best looking consoles Sony has developed.

TheWarlord

Neo Member
Are you sure it actually does that? My previous Panasonic VT60, a €2000,- TV, only supported stereo output over the optical port and that was released in 2013.

You don't need to use an output for audio on a receiver as it's the controller of your speakers. (Overly simplified)

Pretty sure. I googled the manual for my TV on my phone (LG 42LD650,) and it says that it can output 5.1 sound via optical (no 7.1, though...). I don't use optical speakers, though.

This thread is like an explosion. Anyways, it's definitely real and I think it looks great. Much better looking than the fat PS4. Hopefully this revision doesn't sound like a jet engine like the og ps4, also hope the controller isn't a piece of shit. If this isn't a neo, and the neo comes a month or two later then I expect a $250 price for this.

PS3 always looked like a horrible grill.

I think PS3 Slim, PS2 Slim and PS4 are the best looking consoles Sony has developed.
Completely agree. The ps3 slim looked way better than than the og ps3. The ps3 super slim though, that was crap.

spwolf

The cheapest 4K Blu Ray player is still the Samsung which has been getting price drops to like $320 at various retailers. I can get one built into an Xbox One for $299.

People can keep pretending like no one has a 4K TV but I absolutely guarantee you 4K tv's will be the #1 hot seller this holiday.

people spending money on 4K TVs will also likely get the Neo instead of One S or Slim.

And besides, Slim at $299 is $50 drop for best selling system currently. It is going to sell even better.

ethomaz

Banned
Yes. I contacted the seller and received the images at 2:23pm and received a response at 2:46/47pm (the minute ticked over during sending).

I also have an iMessage thread on my phone, my Mac all from the phone number on his Gumtree listing when you contact via SMS. That's where I received the messages.

Polygon got the images from me, and yes, I work for Vox Media and Polygon. I originally received a DM about the Gumtree link from a friend of mine who I lovingly refer to as a Sony Pony. There's no controversy here, friends.

I did not source them from GAF. Anyway, I'm out. See y'all on WrestleGAF.
Sorry for jumping conclusions.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Yeah boys...XB1 S is going to dominate now that it'll be the more attractive console in addiction to having 4K and HDR support.

Pack it Sony, you won't win any NPD for now on.

WadeitOut

people spending money on 4K TVs will also likely get the Neo instead of One S or Slim.

And besides, Slim at $299 is $50 drop for best selling system currently. It is going to sell even better.

But if they are getting a 4K TV in November and don't want to wait until March to play UHD disks, they will be buying another player.

Banned
If this thing has a light up disc tray like the Wii I will throw my wallet at it so fast. I ain't even ashamed.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Man what's up with Sony and their slim designs? Like I think PS3 and PS4 are two of the most beautiful looking consoles but their (super) slim counterparts are ugly as sin.
Not ugly, the super slim is but the original PS3 Slim is a lovely design.

Shiggy

JP

V1P0e5jh.jpg

HDD cover is at the back.
It looks like they've retained the design of the original PS4 of having three points of contact rather than four.

EDIT:
That's if I'm reading the height of those feet correctly with the circle on this side and the two far corner symbols being taller.

Metfanant

but they dont need to bring it to market before christmas this year, they got the slim now.

the closer you are to the launch of Scorpio, the easier it is for MS to make a big deal about how they have a significantly more powerful console coming in just a few months...

UrbanRats

Physical buttons, over those absolutely cretin optical ones? Do they do this on purpose to push people to buy a slim? they did the same with the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom