• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

JP

I thought that happens when they are in certification, but that takes two weeks. I thought H3 is supposed to come mid-January?
I think that sounds about right then. I'd assume that certification would stop for at least a week, possibly two, over Christmas so it could well be January before the process even begins.

I really hope they do a good job with Forza Horizon 3, the shimmering in Forza 7 was horrible and it disrupted the image quality pretty badly at the higher resolution. Forza Horizon 3 was the main reason I bought an X. I even deleted my game save when getting the X so that I could start from again, it can't turn up soon enough for me.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

i586

Neo Member
I think that sounds about right then. I'd assume that certification would stop for at least a week, possibly two, over Christmas so it could well be January before the process even begins.

I really hope they do a good job with Forza Horizon 3, the shimmering in Forza 7 was horrible and it disrupted the image quality pretty badly at the higher resolution. Forza Horizon 3 was the main reason I bought an X. I even deleted my game save when getting the X so that I could start from again, it can't turn up soon enough for me.

About Forza 7, the game got patched several times i guess since you are talking about about it in the past.
What you noticed, i never did. Last time i played was 10 days ago. It looks and plays fantastic. Maybe you should check / turn off, up or down motion compensation of your tv. Just my opinion.

Forza 7 is pristine for me. The most impressive game I've played on the Xbox one x. I echo the sentiment of checking you tv settings. Improper sharpness or edge enhancements could cause this.

JP

About Forza 7, the game got patched several times i guess since you are talking about about it in the past.
What you noticed, i never did. Last time i played was 10 days ago. It looks and plays fantastic. Maybe you should check / turn off, up or down motion compensation of your tv. Just my opinion.
Forza 7 is pristine for me. The most impressive game I've played on the Xbox one x. I echo the sentiment of checking you tv settings. Improper sharpness or edge enhancements could cause this.
I have a properly calibrated panel and I wouldn't use any sort of picture processing or edge enhancement on any game hardware, it really defeats the purpose of having an accurately calibrated panel if you do that.

The shimmer you get from aliasing actually looks quite different to artificial shimmer that could be introduced by poor picture processing from a panel, what happens with Forza 7 is simply an effect of aliasing on certain objects on the screen and because the image quality is so high it can be more noticeable that perhaps it would be in a game with lower image quality.

Forza 7 is an incredible looking game on both version of the Xbox for me, in particularly the X version but the issue stems from the anti-aliasing solution not quite holding up to the higher quality PC anti-aliasing implementation, which is understandable, but as people have previously discussed on GAF it can really stand out now that the game is running with such good image quality in other areas.

I know that people have different preferences in terms of image quality but for me I would rather that they worked with a higher quality anti-aliasing implementation and used resources that are currently used elsewhere. Or at least offered an option to do that in the settings menu so that people can choose what works best for them, I'm not sure it will happen but I do try and be optimistic about these things. ��

I have a properly calibrated panel and I wouldn't use any sort of picture processing or edge enhancement on any game hardware, it really defeats the purpose of having an accurately calibrated panel if you do that.

The shimmer you get from aliasing actually looks quite different to artificial shimmer that could be introduced by poor picture processing from a panel, what happens with Forza 7 is simply an effect of aliasing on certain objects on the screen and because the image quality is so high it can be more noticeable that perhaps it would be in a game with lower image quality.

Forza 7 is an incredible looking game on both version of the Xbox for me, in particularly the X version but the issue stems from the anti-aliasing solution not quite holding up to the higher quality PC anti-aliasing implementation, which is understandable, but as people have previously discussed on GAF it can really stand out now that the game is running with such good image quality in other areas.

I know that people have different preferences in terms of image quality but for me I would rather that they worked with a higher quality anti-aliasing implementation and used resources that are currently used elsewhere. Or at least offered an option to do that in the settings menu so that people can choose what works best for them, I'm not sure it will happen but I do try and be optimistic about these things. ��

I played x1x forza 7 first on my 1080p oled which comes supersampled by default and noticed it was clean nearly 100% free of jaggies or shimmering. I then recently upgraded to a 4k b7 oled and now I see the shimmering you speak of. While it looks much better at 4k especially with HDR, I agree f7 needs a better AA solution although it's only noticeable when mostly at standstill

JP

I played x1x forza 7 first on my 1080p oled which comes supersampled by default and noticed it was clean nearly 100% free of jaggies or shimmering. I then recently upgraded to a 4k b7 oled and now I see the shimmering you speak of. While it looks much better at 4k especially with HDR, I agree f7 needs a better AA solution although it's only noticeable when mostly at standstill
Yeah, it dies seem to be something that some people are noticing more than others now, it's not as if it covers the entire image but because the rest if it looks so damn good it can be really noticeable now. It even annoys me on the menu screens where you have your car and there's an ever so slight camera movement which cause the shimmering. It probably wouldn't even be noticeable if the camera didn't move ever so slightly on those screens. Because it all looks so good it's not as if I can actually see stair stepping as you could in older generations, it's just that you can see the shimmer caused by the camera movement.

Now that I have both of the enhanced console connected to a 4K panel I have found that a top quality anti-aliasing solution has become far more important to me than it ever has in older generations.

HoldSteady

Neo Member

Doesn’t the HDR slider bug the hell out of you. I’ve got the same tv and not being able to get the Forza 7 to disappear pushes my ocd into overdrive.

Doesn’t the HDR slider bug the hell out of you. I’ve got the same tv and not being able to get the Forza 7 to disappear pushes my ocd into overdrive.

I can get mine to disappear easily if i recall. You could have a setting on that is preventing that? Ill take a look when i get home in a couple days

i586

Neo Member
Yeah, it dies seem to be something that some people are noticing more than others now, it's not as if it covers the entire image but because the rest if it looks so damn good it can be really noticeable now. It even annoys me on the menu screens where you have your car and there's an ever so slight camera movement which cause the shimmering. It probably wouldn't even be noticeable if the camera didn't move ever so slightly on those screens. Because it all looks so good it's not as if I can actually see stair stepping as you could in older generations, it's just that you can see the shimmer caused by the camera movement.

Now that I have both of the enhanced console connected to a 4K panel I have found that a top quality anti-aliasing solution has become far more important to me than it ever has in older generations.

I m also picky at picture quality and got 2 4K tv calibrated home, but reading a lot of forums with people lately getting equipped with recent "cheaper" oled TV made me wondering several times if pictures aren't processed really differently between series. I mean i have equivalent to Lg signature series but 2015 model and i never encounter the troubles people tell about, being poor hdr (despite lower peak), shimmering or any vsynch related defects. Specialized sites aren't real gaming sites and same for the contrary to know the real end about them.
I confirm not having what you notice on my set.

CrewShadow

Has anyone had problems with updates with games since having an X? Ive downloaded a minecraft update twice already and the same thing happened with Gears 4. Its really frustrating having this occur multiple times while having a damn data cap on my internet.

rokkerkory

Has anyone had problems with updates with games since having an X? Ive downloaded a minecraft update twice already and the same thing happened with Gears 4. Its really frustrating having this occur multiple times while having a damn data cap on my internet.
Nada all good here

solis74

Not had that happen to me?, you using an external drive?

YoshiMax

I believe it when I see it. The game runs at 1080p and locked 60 fps on Pro, 1080p with 40 - 50 fps on base PS4 and 970p with 30 fps and reduced effects on Xbox One. So where should an 8+x increase come from over base hardware?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49RPx1XFYh4

I played it twice on S then parked it because the framerate sucked. It's a huge boost. The X and UE4 seem to sing together which is not surprising as each was tuned for the other.

base

Banned
Witcher 3 is getting an HDR update for Xbox One X according to some sources. Hoping that PS4 Pro won't be worse.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Witcher 3 is getting an HDR update for Xbox One X according to some sources. Hoping that PS4 Pro won't be worse.

If CD Projekt Red doesn’t go after parity, then the Xbox One X should be definitive better than the Pro version.

base

Banned
If CD Projekt Red doesn’t go after parity, then the Xbox One X should be definitive better than the Pro version.
Doubt it. Look at some other games. Even AC Origins didn't get full 4k.

All is care is HDR for PS4 Pro. If XBox One X gets it there's no reason for PS4 Pro not getting it as well.

BatSu

39125794032_df2bde5c78_o.png

The_Mike

Doubt it. Look at some other games. Even AC Origins didn't get full 4k.

All is care is HDR for PS4 Pro. If XBox One X gets it there's no reason for PS4 Pro not getting it as well.

But the resolution are in general a lot higher on the One X than the Pro, and the One X IS more powerful. Please don’t derail the thread.

Zimmy68

But the resolution are in general a lot higher on the One X than the Pro, and the One X IS more powerful. Please don’t derail the thread.

I don't think he was off base.

I don't think implementing HDR has much to do with the power of the console.
If they do it for one, they should be able to do it for the other.

Is there a case where HDR is only supported on one console?

Fallout 4 and Skyrim don't have HDR on X1X. Can't think of an example.

solis74

HDR along with the below would be a dream!

With the additional power of the Xbox One X, we are able to deliver The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in 4K, while providing numerous visual tweaks such as higher-quality shadows, ambient occlusion & texture filtering, as well as higher resolution textures, and an all-around performance boost.

solis74

So I'm hearing Witcher 3 is showing in some peoples enhancement list on the X?, even though patch is not released yet, anyone else seeing this? as i'm not.

The_Mike

When it shows up as enhancement, doesn’t it mean that the game has been stealth patched? Seems weird to label it as enhanced if it’s not.

f@luS

More than a member.
So I'm hearing Witcher 3 is showing in some peoples enhancement list on the X?, even though patch is not released yet, anyone else seeing this? as i'm not.
Usually it means the patch is going to be available very soon. Like 24-48h

f@luS

More than a member.
Patch seems available. Can’t try now.
Hdr. 4k or performance ( unlocked frame rate )

Will try later

Top Bottom