• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Infinity War - SDCC Footage (Potato Quality)

My lord potato. I thank thee.

Blessed be

giphy.gif

kurahador

Hope there's someone out there filming the other half of the screen and some potato gods will mesh them together.

Also...did Thanos tries to rip Thor's head with his bare hand? Goddamn.

Might be the potato quality, scope looks larger than any Marvel movie before it and it's neat seeing all those heroes at once but idk, footage descriptions made it sound cooler? I need to see some kind of scene where more than one or two heroes are doing anything at once to really sell that the whole MCU is trying not to get rekt by Thanos.

Might be the potato quality, scope looks larger than any Marvel movie before it and it's neat seeing all those heroes at once but idk, footage descriptions made it sound cooler? I need to see some kind of scene where more than one or two heroes are doing anything at once to really sell that the whole MCU is trying not to get rekt by Thanos.

Yeah, I haven't seen Guardians 2 yet, but it's nice seeing everyone not on a earth setting? also Thanos looks very promising

Ashhong

That looked like a perfect blend of action and drama. Like, just tense tense scenes with no jokes in between. Super excited for this now

That looked like a perfect blend of action and drama. Like, just tense tense scenes with no jokes in between. Super excited for this now

I expect the same balance between jokes and drama we saw in Winter Soldier and Civil War. Honestly, the Russos are the better at that than anyone since Sam Raimi. A little levity is good, especially when it's a character moment, but we don't need a joke every half minute.

Ashhong

I expect the same balance between jokes and drama we saw in Winter Soldier and Civil War. Honestly, the Russos are the better at that than anyone since Sam Raimi. A little levity is good, especially when it's a character moment, but we don't need a joke every half minute.

See that's the thing, I don't expect that based on this potato. Shit is going to be too serious. No room for levity after like act 1

Kalentan

See that's the thing, I don't expect that based on this potato. Shit is going to be too serious. No room for levity after like act 1

I mean the very beginning is a joke with Thor landing on the windshield. lol.

Plus this is a movie where Tony Stark and Drax have scenes together. There's bound to be a joke here and there.

Ashhong

I mean the very beginning is a joke with Thor landing on the windshield. lol.

Plus this is a movie where Tony Stark and Drax have scenes together. There's bound to be a joke here and there.

After act 1 I said. I also said it just looks more serious than even Civil War, not that there would be none whatsoever

Situations will remain tense but you can't help it if a character is unintentionally funny. That's the big difference between Whedon humor and Russo humor, the Russos make smaller jokes that usually fit the character. Like Black Panther saying "I don't care" when Clint introduces himself got a chuckle but it's not out of character, nor should it ruin the tone of the scene unless you're deliberately looking for something to hate.

Kalentan

After act 1 I said. I also said it just looks more serious than even Civil War, not that there would be none whatsoever

Oh whoops. Yeah you're right. I mean there probably will still be a joke here or there but yeah it's probably going to be a bit more serious than the average marvel movie.

styl3s

doesn't showing this trailer early ruiin Ragnorok?
What's to ruin? We knew Thor was going to be in Infinity War so he can't die in Rag and we still have no idea how he got there. For all we know something happens in this movie that puts him there.

Top Bottom