• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

https://twitter.com/Sing2X/status/889395253630783489
2nd waifu?
misc-fEEd.png

Dates of Interest
All Star voting due
t1500940800z1.png

Compendium Predictions due (need help? Googledoc, Opendota )
t1501682400z1.png

Group Stage Day 1 + Fantasy Locks
t1501689600z4.png

Pro Dota Results
- Jul 22 DH7 1. TL 2. Odd 3. Secret
- Jul 20 NP becomes Clown9
- Jul 19 Dog becomes Hellraisers
- Jul 9 Final Match 1.[A] 2.SG 3. Spirit
- Jul 9 MDL 1. LGD 2. LFY 3. NB

August
Aug 2-5 Group Stages for all 18
Aug 6-12 Main Event for top 16
TI7 LAN Seattle, USA
$2200k and rising
18: OG, iG, EG, TL, NB, VP, C9, DC, Secret, HR, Empire, Infamous, TNC, Xctn, fnatic, LGD, iGV, LGDfy
All that's left is TI, do or die.

DrPizza

Banned
How do you invite ccnc over Grant?
facepalm.gif

Grant should never be invited to anything. He's far too nadota (by which I mean "racist and homophobic") to represent the game.

I'm disappointed that tobi's racism and thirsty lecherousness hasn't hurt his career, though.

Jerry

Why do Russians insist on queuing up on EU West.

Why do said Russians - when the rest of the team is speaking English - proceed to only talk in Russian on EU West.

Why do said Russians then proceed to feed and throw for no particular reason on EU West.

Why.

Hylian7

What's the deal with Russians insist on queuing up on EU West.

What's the deal with said Russians - when the rest of the team is speaking English - proceed to only talk in Russian on EU West.

What's the deal with said Russians then proceed to feed and throw for no particular reason on EU West.

What's the deal.

image.php

FTFY, I had to.

shira

Why do Russians insist on queuing up on EU West.

Why do said Russians - when the rest of the team is speaking English - proceed to only talk in Russian on EU West.

Why do said Russians then proceed to feed and throw for no particular reason on EU West.

Why.
We have South Americans, pinoys, AND Russians on US East.

Hylian7

The lack of a meta is showing in pubs, Hylian was right. For easy wins in 3K pubs, just pick Spectre. It punishes what is still way too common, which is the midas build (assuming you don't go radiance).

Edit: You meant Midases in general, not on Spectre I think.

That said, yeah, Spectre wins pub games like no other. I've learned to never bet Compendium coins or MMR if you're against a Spectre. You need your team to band together to end the game early, and you have no idea what kind of teamwork you can expect on it. Yes, almost every game vs a Spectre is winnable, but you have to work together to pull it off.

Purple ghost waifu best waifu.

Heck, I should probably just be picking late game carries in general.

Too often I pick an ultimate teamfighting support and hope we can end the game early / mid timing and that never goes well.

52club

Edit: You meant Midases in general, not on Spectre I think.

That said, yeah, Spectre wins pub games like no other. I've learned to never bet Compendium coins or MMR if you're against a Spectre. You need your team to band together to end the game early, and you have no idea what kind of teamwork you can expect on it. Yes, almost every game vs a Spectre is winnable, but you have to work together to pull it off.

Purple ghost waifu best waifu.

Correct, midas on the opponent's heroes is what makes Spectre so viable. You have a good chance someone is going to get greedy or decide they are going to out scale you. Then you build for the midgame and wreck them. You really just need one teammate willing to intiate so you can haunt.

Hylian7

Correct, midas on the opponent's heroes is what makes Spectre so viable. You have a good chance someone is going to get greedy or decide they are going to out scale you. Then you build for the midgame and wreck them. You really just need one teammate willing to intiate so you can haunt.

Yep, #1 rule of playing against Spectre is never say "I'm gonna itemize to beat her late game"

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Haven't been posting much, but I have been watching a lot.
The recent tournament finals was so good.

Also I need a TI badge still, anyone got one? Or I'll hit up CL/eBay this week. Date crept up really fast.

traveler

Not Wario

The second is probably the best made, though I think the last line is some real "We really are the last of us Joel" nonsense and I was hoping it'd be Rubick instead of the Orb. :p

This one got my vote though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmF4P45isE0

There's some, ah, more juvenile bits to it, but I actually laughed at loud multiple times.

Chris R

https://www.reddit.com/r/ti7tickets/comments/6pg6h2/wts_linked_midweek_ti7_ticket_50_dollars/
lmao

Can you have multiple badges linked to one account? Honestly buying midweek badges and paying some person to wear them would net you money, it's ridiculous.
How much was the ticket fee for the Finals badge this year by the way? Even if I buy one for $200 I come out ahead anyway 4Head.

FLIGHT BOOKED

Don't think you can??? But I haven't tried so I don't know.

I only saw one person attempt to scan multiple badges last year and they were told by security to not. Not saying it wasn't possible.

TUSR

Banned
I got at least 7 first blood chests last year with a single ticket. Pretty sure my whole trip broke even selling them.

shira

I got at least 7 first blood chests last year with a single ticket. Pretty sure my whole trip broke even selling them.
Did they say they are doing that again or are they going to nerf that and make it Rampage Boxes or some shit
kunk-rum.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This year I'll have to make sure to sell a few first blood chests. The thing is, I am totally going to want to keep my Sea Blue Immortals :(

The Boston Major just used standard box office tickets, not a fancy badge like TI does.

Chris R

I sold all mine too. Only got 5 I believe but made over $250 steam credit from them. Still haven't spent a cent of real money on steam games since :)

I even won one back using PROMO CODE BSJ on LootCrate. But it's for Bounty Hunter :(

Top Bottom