• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Memes you're getting tired of

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
1. enter thread about tiring memes

2. get exposed to other memes and have them get stuck in head

3. ??????

4. profit!!!!

(am I doing it right?)

I don't mind u jelly. It sounds funny in my head, just the word jelly i think. I'm getting kind of tired of DAT but I don't get annoyed when i see it, more of an "oh ok", then i pass it without another thought.

sleepykyo

The use of "salty" in regards to fighting games. Distraught, bitter, angry, so much is being lost as one catch phrase is being used as a catch all.

"Real talk". People shouldn't have to preface their honest thoughts with "real talk", and wouldn't if they spent less time trolling.

Lastly "trolling" is the worst thing to have happened to humor in ages. Maybe if more of the practitioners had Dave Chapelle or Andrew Dice Clay's talent, but it usually just comes down to going for the same easy, regurgitated garbage that everyone else spews.

Axion22

I love memes, they're fascinating.

Hk4GI.jpg

Can you believe it? Advice Dog is almost 3 years old.

Kabouter

The whole PC Gaming Master Race thing was never very funny to begin with, but for some reason, it remains extremely popular.

Sp3eD said:
I hate the fighting game sayings ones. Calling people salty and eluding to chips or pringles for block damage is stupid.

Really just the salty one because it sounds so stupid.

stay free

Only one that bugs me is, "Fail"

Desmond

-PC Master race

-Not sure if its a meme, but I've noticed on 4chan threads start with phrases ending in"-an". Really annoys me, it's just stupid.

Chuckie

I kind of like the 4chan faces but they are also used in comics which are not funny AT ALL.
Some people appearantly think you can put those faces on a very very lame joke and it is suddenly funny :/
What also bugs me about those comics is the use of 'Le'. Panel 1: "Playing le games" Panel 2: "Le girlfriend comes in" Panel 3: "Le girlfriend unplugs le playstation" Panel 4: FFFUUUUU

Not funny.

Edit: Oh and bacholerette frog. Those are not the views of a girl, those are the views of some butt-hurt friendzoned 'Nice Guy'

Anteater

They don't bother me at all. I think the "You are already dead" one has been misused/overused though, literally it could be used for everything and it's kind of not funny in that case.

"I peed my bed, what should i do!?" "You're already dead", "I don't like this game!" "You're already dead!"

Same problem with the sunset picture.

Finaika

Kabouter said:
The whole PC Gaming Master Race thing was never very funny to begin with, but for some reason, it remains extremely popular.
Yeah, maybe PC gamers really think they are superior.

The 'My body is ready' meme can be pretty funny when used well. When people type it though, it's shit. Same with 'You are already dead' in any form.

All of the faces though make me crack up in those gifs.

"Shut Up and Take My Money!"

Usually used by someone overly passionate about new hardware, also used by people trying to convince others/themselves that Futurama is funny.

Not that I have a problem with it, but I'm totally lost on the origin of this one:

image.php

I've seen a ton of avatars with that face, what's the story behind it?

This might not actually be a meme, but it is played out and dull.
The cliche "This thread" comment. Been done to death, and you see it coming from a mile away.

"What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?"
"Post in this thread."

"What's the one thing you most regret doing?"
"Opening this thread."

You get the point.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Master Race.

Stupid, annoying, unfunny... and for a term that can be linked to the preposterous ideology of the Nazis, it is surprisingly enduring in GAF, where troll-free discussions are "supposed" to be encouraged.

KevinCow

Banned
Not exactly a meme, but I'm really tired of people quoting a post and replying with just:

QFT
/thread
And we're done.
First post always wins.

Or any other form of, "I agree with this post but have absolutely nothing more to contribute to this thread."

They add absolutely nothing to the discussion.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
KevinCow said:
Not exactly a meme, but I'm really tired of people quoting a post and replying with just:

QFT
/thread
And we're done.
First post always wins.

Or any other form of, "I agree with this post but have absolutely nothing more to contribute to this thread."

I think that's just gaf's version of a "Like" button.

MjFrancis

The majority of internet memes are parroted quips that aren't remotely funny or witty, and my distaste of them might be a sign that I'm currently approaching the other side of 30. As people in this thread have displayed, they don't even know what a meme is since the operational definition they used was synonymous with "inside joke communicated through the internet."

The coveting and retardation of a concept like "meme" is proof enough that an internet meme is usually adolescent drivel.

KevinCow said:

QFT
/thread
And we're done.
First post always wins.

This

Lo_Fi

lethial said:
Wait, let me get this straight. People say meme outside of the internet? I've never heard anybody ever say it.

Wait until you hear someone mispronounce it. That's when it gets awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom