• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timedog Alert! A better way to reheat leftover pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxword

Anyone else think fried rice tastes even more delicious after reheating it in the microwave?

Only when you're high as hell and you don't notice the melting MSG tastes like tin.

3eVQq.jpg

A Chef is giving you this advice? Really?
And you had to share it like they invented a tree money?

It seems like 90% of the people on this forum never cooked anything if not inside a microwave.

Log4Girlz

I have yet to try potatoes on pizza even though it sounds wondrous. Anyone else love corn on their pizza? I read someplace that many british pizza joints actually offer it as a regular topping. Is this true UK GAF?

dejay

Banned
I have been doing this for years. It generally tastes better than when the pizza is fresh. Everyone I've suggested this loves the results. Highly recommended.

Vagabundo

Some random thoughts.

Pizza is damn tasty cold, there was a scientific study into why, something about the oils/cheese helping to keep the floavours separate as it cools.

The pizza that guy was frying up looked like it has octopus suckers on it..

Timedougs t-shirt reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWlLgUcOv7g

I have yet to try potatoes on pizza even though it sounds wondrous. Anyone else love corn on their pizza? I read someplace that many british pizza joints actually offer it as a regular topping. Is this true UK GAF?

This is a regular topping in Ireland anyway. I assume the UK as well.

My wife gets corn and onions on her half and I get ham or peperoni on mine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've been making my own cast iron pizza and it's fucking amazing. I don't need to reheat it because I eat it all.

VanWinkle

I do this on my griddle and I'm always surprised at how good it is. I used to use the microwave (never good) or, less occasionally, the oven (not great at all).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
But what is I dont like crispy crust?
I Don't Like Crispy Crust is a 2007 documentary film about the 78 year old founder of the Little Caesar's pizza chain, Michael Llitch, and his quest to convince America that a gooier, slightly "undercooked" crust, was the correct way to make pizza.

critic's rating: 6.5/10
user's rating: 4.7/10

Alright so I just wanted to chime in. Just got home from Fred 62 getting my take out. Chicken parm sub and fries. Only one issue, by the time I got home the. biggest flaw in takeout, the steam trapped inside made my fries a hot soggy mess. So I turned on the skillet and about 5 mins later I now have awesome crispy fries to finish my lunch. Workes amazingly.

Alright so I just wanted to chime in. Just got home from Fred 62 getting my take out. Chicken parm sub and fries. Only one issue, by the time I got home the. Igest flaw in takeout, the steam trapped inside made my fries a hot soggy mess. So I turned on the skillet and about 5 mins later I now have awesome crispy fries to finish my lunch. Workes amazingly.
You're either a genius or a madman. Maybe both.

Reversed

I reheat cold BK/McDonalds fries that way. It tastes 10 times better than reheated fries from the microwave, though that's not saying much (eww).

TxdoHawk

I watched this video, and all it did was make me want a slice of pizza. You people with your pizza topics! You're killing me, GAF.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Looks like a brilliant idea - the few times we had leftovers I was just lazy and threw it into the microwave, because I don't get to food unless I'm already hungry so I would have never wanted to wait five long minutes plus dirty up another pan to wash.

But man, that guy's pizza did not look well at all - especially the pepperonis. They looked like inside-out nipples or something.

Soma

I Don't Like Crispy Crust is a 2007 documentary film about the 78 year old founder of the Little Caesar's pizza chain, Michael Llitch, and his quest to convince America that a gooier, slightly "undercooked" crust, was the correct way to make pizza.

critic's rating: 6.5/10
user's rating: 4.7/10

i literally tried this pan fry idea the other night with some leftover little caeser's pizza

i think it actually tasted a bit better!

I just want to blame the OP for convincing me to not make oatmeal, the healthy meal I was about to make. 8.99 large Papa Johns here I come :(

Chris R

I just want to blame the OP for convincing me to not make oatmeal, the healthy meal I was about to make. 8.99 large Papa Johns here I come :(

Don't tempt me... I have all the stuff I need to make pizza at home except for cheese. I was going to go to the store to buy cheese, but just picking up a pizza that is already cooked sounds like a better idea...

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Had some nasty leftover Pizza Hut in the fridge so I gave it a go. I successfully created charcoal briquettes...

pizza_burned19tpym.jpg

And this was on a gas stove-top, medium heat, and for like three minutes. I'm presently airing out the smell of burning out the window. Also I melted the styrofoam plate a tad. It's looking like just a minute would've done it.

I need to just remain out of the kitchen. :(

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Yeah I've been doing that for a long time...if you've never done it try it!

Also....buy a frozen pizza LEAVE IT OUT...Stick the unfrozen pizza in a PAN
Place on the stove or in the oven (depending on what you want) SO GOOD

Never reheat pizza or chicken, it absolutely fucks its chemically speaking. Eat it cold with garlic sauce and hot sauce respectively.

The best reason to use the oven is you can put the pizza on some foil and then there's nothing to clean up. Dirtying a whole skillet just to reheat some pizza would annoy me at dishwashing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom