• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original avatars... a dying breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw64life

I've beeng using this same avatar since I signed up on Gaming-Age 3 years ago. I use it on almost every message board that I'm signed up on.

Iceman

I don't visit other forums much but I think this one in particular is absolutely ripe with original avatars. GAF inspired me to make my own. I think it's one of the more unique aspects of GAF: all these personalized avatars and many of them with stories behind them.

White Man

NotMSRP said:
Is there a way to see the avatars of every single member on GAF?

Somebody should make one of those neat mosaic picture of all the GAF avatars. It could be a mosaic of a giant Excel spreadsheet with sales numbers on it.

Boogie

White Man said:
Somebody should make one of those neat mosaic picture of all the GAF avatars. It could be a mosaic of a giant Excel spreadsheet with sales numbers on it.

Well, there was the one gif that recycled through everyone's MAF-ized avatars during MAFmania.....

...which reminds me, maybe it's long past time for me to change my avatar back to classic Raph :lol

achilles

Plundered then edited Lemon Head from the scummbar. I hope no one's stealing him.. he's just minding his own business; roasting marshmallows.

Firest0rm

I just made this avatar for myself about 2 days ago. I plan on making a .gif version of it but I don't know how. What program do you guys suggest for me to use??

jedimike

Nobody else on the internet uses Star Wars avatars... especially Fett. He's such an obscure character. It's hard for me to find source material. ... </sarcasm>

I don't give a chit... I'm too lazy and untalented to make my own... born without the right side of my brain. I like Fett and have been using a Fett variation avatar since I ran up on this place 4 years ago.

Inarius

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
the only problem that I have with getting a new avatar is that I don't know how/what to use, to make gifs....and I don't have webspace for posting images.

Any recommendations for either predicament?

I used to make my own animated gifs but I just don't post here all that much anymore to bother with it. It's easier to just find a neat pic and crop it for an avatar.

rc213

My small collection of self-made Avatars :)
beejay.gif

jeebus.gif

psp.gif

stewey.gif

dodgers.gif

quag.gif

ronald.gif

Alot of people like this one.
gunitrim.gif

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i make avatars for other people to use...

i think great king bowser picked this one up
zelda_normal.gif

no one wanted this one from charlie and the chocolate factory trailer
die01.gif

i also made this one for FortNinety a while ago
cdi_link.gif

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Dancing Marios for everyone!
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif

mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif

mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif

mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif

mariodance-ga.gif

I used to have a better image, but it bled my hosting package dry. Is there a good, free hosting service for these things?

BuddyC

DavidDayton said:
Dancing Marios for everyone!
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif

mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif

mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif

mariodance-ga.gif
mariodance-ga.gif

mariodance-ga.gif

I used to have a better image, but it bled my hosting package dry. Is there a good, free hosting service for these things?
I can host for you, just shoot me an IM.

well I made that jeanclaude dancing gif, that artful dodger so happily used.....while also HOT FUCKING LINKING to mysite..... so yeah originality is dead.

Being a pompous ass who takes narcistic pleasure in everything, it's only reasonable that my avatar is both completely original and a self portrait.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
Being a pompous ass who takes narcistic pleasure in everything, it's only reasonable that my avatar is both completely original and a self portrait.

been there done that

zombiestar.jpg

edit: SOG your crush *hears feds coming*

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Son of Godzilla said:
I doubt anyone can even tell who's hiding under all this MSPaint.
i remember seeing that pic unedited as someone's avatar a while ago. it's that cute girl from harry potter right?

Danj

I doubt anyone's using mine either, since I only made it a couple weeks ago and it's got my nick on it...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
current one captured and edited from a Honda ad "yume no chikara" or something like that.

Previous highlights were my dancing lum, which I captured and edited from the end credits
lum2.gif

and dancing spiderman, which I nicked from somewhere but as a gif, not someone's avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom