• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

oh, I thought the game was $40. 8 bucks less is still a pretty good deal

also I was, and am super MEH on the new Batman but tbh I could really use it right now. Think i'll be there day 1

Joe Molotov

Should I feel guilty for bulk downvoting every MMO / F2P game on Greenlight? Because that's what I've been doing since the beginning.

At first I thought you said "bulk downloading" and I was going to say "YES YOU SHOULD!", but no, it sounds like you're doing the Lord's Work, friend.

Salsa

also is Company of Heroes 2 bad or something? I was excited as fuck for it but have to wait due to money/save up for summer sales but why is no one talking about it

Smash88

Banned
Aquaria -

Fractal -

Organ Trail: Director's Cut -

Quote to see and Enjoy! Make sure you reply with the one you took.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also is Company of Heroes 2 bad or something? I was excited as fuck for it but have to wait due to money/save up for summer sales but why is no one talking about it

As a huge Company of Heroes 1 fan - easily over 500 hours. This game is a disappointment, in terms of performance. I played the beta, and saw how god awful the frames were, I tried to warn others, but no one listened to me. They said in 2-3 weeks they'll fix it, you're dumb, etc... I know through experience this is never the case. People are starting to realize how god awful the performance in this game is, even at low settings. The gameplay itself is minor in change. It's like Company of Heroes 1.5.

At this stage, it's just not good.

I had heard reports of horrible performance even on high end machines, but I think it was suggested that was because it was in beta and video card driver companies hadn't focused it specifically yet. But, now that it's released, I have no idea if there's been improvement.

There hasn't been. People are still complaining. Trust me I've been looking at various forums about this, hoping they will fix it. I have a GTX Titan and the game ran like shit during beta (which was about 2 weeks ago). All you can hope for is patch improvements and driver updates. I was getting 74 high, 24 low, and 42 average. Trust me it was more low, than high. The kicker, THE GAME ISN'T EVEN THAT GOOD LOOKING. It looks almost identical to Company of Heroes 1 in terms of graphics.

FloatOn

This is the video I watched to ease my way into Civ V. Made some concepts easier to understand, especially some of the things that went over my head when Civ IV came out almost a decade ago now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I__9ZlOUG4E

Mad gratitude Grief. I'm going to watch this at some point and I'll try another honest attempt at it.

The last time I spent playing on a small map on the easiest setting just clicking around with options and following the tutorial advice. I did this for 4 hours and just completely lost interest.

Blizzard

Banned
I had heard reports of horrible performance even on high end machines, but I think it was suggested that was because it was in beta and video card driver companies hadn't focused it specifically yet. But, now that it's released, I have no idea if there's been improvement.

*edit* Reviews also don't have amazing scores: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604016

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Ended up getting 2 trading cards shortly after starting Borderlands 2 for the first time. Didn't know you could get them when you weren't in the beta.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I might fire off an e-mail to Derek Yu (the artistic half of Bit-blot) and see if he'll consider making cards for Aquaria.

Edit: And done.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Trading Cards came out of beta and went live a couple of days ago.

Oh, awesome. I wasn't interested enough to participate in the beta, but I'll definitely take free money just for playing games I already own. Even when it's just fifty cents.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
The steam still has not started yet? My wallet is ready. I am also ready for assassins creed three below $20. :(

Assassin's Creed III is not even worth playing at all, no matter the price. Wait for the reviews on AC4 and see if they improved on AC3, if not, skip to the next one...and the next...

denx

Edge of Space (which I upvoted on Greenlight) is available now on Early Access. So tempted to buy it! Agh... must... resist...

Esch

Banned
But what if I loved the last 3?

Its so bad. SO FUCKING BAD. A friend of mine gave it to me as a gift, to show me how bad it was. It's a genuinely shit game. Boring as soon as you hit the city. And not really winning you over before that. Tedious, boring, bad.

I love AC2 and Bro.

FloatOn

Assasins Creed 1 was bad enough to ruin the rest of the series for me.

No matter how much I hear 2 improved things I just can't bring myself to care.

JaseC

The original AssCreed is the best AssCreed as far as I'm concerned, for the simple fact that it's the one and only game in the series that stresses the actual assassin element.

Salsa

2 is a really good game, and I say that as someone who hates every other one, including most of Brotherhood wich somehow people consider better

The original AssCreed is the best AssCreed as far as I'm concerned, for the simple fact that it's the one and only game in the series that stresses the actual assassin element.

yeah maybe doing 1 mission in the first one is the highlight of the whole series. Then just quit the thing and never launch it again cause it's a fucking tech demo with the same mission over and over

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
But what if I loved the last 3?

I loved AC2. Barely played Brotherhood because it felt the same like AC2...literally the same thing over again.

Then I played AC3 hoping for a fresh new experience.

NOPE.

Story is...rotten.

The assassin you play is Connor...You have 0 emotional attachement or feeling for this character. Zero.

The biggest thing that I had a gripe with was the mission structure. Each mission has "objectives" that you must do to have a full 100% sync for the mission. Once you fail any objective during a mission, a red X appears on your dam screen taking you out of the experience. You're "nudged" into playing into their own terms. You are NOT rewarded for doing your OWN thing. The missions suck. The horse riding sucks. The level'ing system sucks.

Critics and gamers said that Naval Combat was the only redeeming factor for AC3. IMO, I thought Naval Combat was TEDIOUS! Absolutely horrible and boring.

When I play an AC game, I want to be a badass ASSASSIN. I want to craft my assassination on my own terms. I don't want messages popping up in my face screaming at me that I failed some fcking jump in time or some other dumb sh!t the game made you do.

In addition, ANOTHER big aspect that AC3 was bad in was the laughably bad combat/counter system. You literally tear apart squads of soldiers in seconds. There is ZERO danger or brain activity involved with hand combat.

Also hunting was bad too. Just...bad.

Graphics were pretty'ish. But the Revolutionary period setting is BORING.

Just...skip...it.

Save yourself...wait for AC4 at the least (IMO that looks copy/paste of AC3 but with "pirates")...

/rant.

JaseC

yeah maybe doing 1 mission in the first one is the highlight of the whole series. Then just quit the thing and never launch it again cause it's a fucking tech demo with the same mission over and over

deletedj9iw5.jpg

<3

Does these overlay links actually work for anyone in the Steam client? Like if you're clicking a topic in the forums or an announcement or picture in the activity feed, does it load up correctly? It hasn't been working for me in the client for some time now and it starts to get annoying to switch to the browser just to check something.

jtb

Banned
AC2 is the best everything. best character, best cities, best soundtrack, best atmosphere, best lack-of-recycled-assets, best everything. people rave about Venice (and rightly so) but Florence is the most beautiful environment in any game this gen, for my money. stunning.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I liked Roma more than the cities in 2. Except maybe Forli. Forli was kinda the shit.

I loved that they always called the cities by the Italian name or whatever like Venezia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom