• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Launch the install, pause the download, copy the files, the files will be checked and the download will be finished instantly.

This doesn't work with data being delivered via SteamPipe: games being downloaded are temporarily installed, as "dummy data" that is gradually overwritten, to steamapps\downloading\[app id], rather than each of the files being downloaded in parts and, when complete, moved in full to steamapps\common\[installation directory], which was the case in the past. The only way to bypass Steam re-downloading a game is to have the installation directory in place before you install via the client, as it'll look for existing data before determining what to download.

Edit: Clarity.

smr00

Banned
Finished Dust yesterday. I felt it was too easy especially when like me you tend to stockpile early on items that give you luck (got that bad habit from Symphony of the Night D:). Also, there wasn't enough combos to keep the combat interesting throughout the whole game.
The game's great nonetheless, it was really unique and I haven't played a game that resembles it before. By the way I don't know if this was intended but the snowy mountain and especially the moving platforms reminded me a lot of the first Rayman.

If you're looking for a good action RPG with light metroidvania aspects during the Stern's summer seal Dust is a good pick. If you're a sadistic manly man with manly chesthair looking for pure metroidvania sadisticness you should pick La-Mulana.
Thanks for the suggestion! I got a bunch of steam cards for my birthday and picked up Gunslinger, Rogue Legacy, Knights of Pen and Paper, Magic 2014 and now this. I will have $50 after getting this and can't think of anything else to get.

I mostly enjoy fun indie stuff and ARPGs and metroidvania/roguelike games but the light kind, the kind that are a little more forgiving and rewarding like a Rogue Legacy.

Wow, I actually completed Blighttown in one go without dying once. Even got most of the loot I think. What a stable framerate can do for you. I still hate that fucking poison swamp though.

sibarraz

Banned
Guys, I had a problem with Binding of Isaac

I can't access the steam menu withing the game, if I press shift + tab, I will drop a bomb (lol)

I can't either save screenshots using F12 since it desn't do anything

Need some help

I can't access the steam menu withing the game, if I press shift + tab, I will drop a bomb (lol)

Need some help
Steam overlay functions do not work with Binding of Isaac.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Need some help

re-code the game in something other than Flash.

In other words, Steam Overlay doesn't support it and probably never will.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam overlay functions do not work with Binding of Isaac.

And just to make it perfectly clear, Steam's screenshot function requires the Steam Overlay -- if Steam can't communicate with the game, then it's not going to work.

denx

I have these coupons if anyone wants them:

50% off Duken Nukem 3D
66% off Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
50% off Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
50% off Euro Truck Simulator 2
50% off Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars
50% off Majesty 2 Collection
50% off Triple Town

Can I have Duke Nukem 3D?

Tenrius

Wow, I actually completed Blighttown in one go without dying once. Even got most of the loot I think. What a stable framerate can do for you. I still hate that fucking poison swamp though.

It's not half as bad as the one in Demon's Souls. The spider shield and the rusted ring make everything way less annoying.

jtb

Banned
just out of curiosity, what's the cheapest Torchlight II has gone? 75% off or 66% off?

really want to buy a 4 pack when the summer sale hits.

Gvaz

Banned
Just hit the winter months in my Skyrim playtrough, and decided to install Climates of Tamriel - Winter Edition and the corresponding city mods.

72850_2013-06-29_00000os5n.png

Skyrim in the throes of winter looks amazing. I got caught in a blizzard, and suddenly a team of Thalmor assassins and a blood dragon ambushed me. I ended up getting seperated from my horse and my dog and now I'm trekking through snow-covered Falkreath by myself.

Can't believe I didn't start playing on PC sooner.

I had to stop playing skyrim because with all the mods I want to use, my paltry HD4890 just doesn't cut it anymore. Runs out of ram and then POOP game crashes.

Megasoum

Banned
I just tried Witcher 2 for the first time on my 770... Running the game on Ultra (minus Ubersampling) at stable 60 fps.... GOD DAMN.

Atomski

Decided to pick up Chivalry with some of the money I made off foil cards. This game is pretty awesome.. wish I would have picked it up earlier.

RAWWWWRRRR!!! *cuts someones head off*

xJavonta

Banned
The amount of deaths I suffer where it does not register which way I am pushing is frustrating..

I ended up deleting my save and starting again, as I had not put any points in health, that was a grave mistake....

I like the game, but the fact the ghost takes all your money to enter each time, gets so annoying, as once your upgrades start costing in excess of 500 for the cheapest one, it adds real pressure to the run, and a lot of the time I end up forfeting in excess of 300 gold because I did not collect enough to do any upgrades
That's shitty. I mean I understand why it's there but still.

My pad registers fine, it's just too "loose" I guess? Like I'll tap the analog just a bit to move forward a little and end up moving 3 feet away from where I wanna be.
There's a level/unlock curve. Keep playing, find a few runes and blueprints and eventually you be able to one shot everything and get health back with every kill. You then progress to the other sections of the castle to get more rewards and a bigger challenge.
If only I could get that far lol
Eventually you'll be getting at least few thousand coins per run, likely 10k coins.

Cth

Time for some more Rogue Legacy.

I love rogue likes .. Can't wait to buy the game.. Is it too soon for it to be included in the Summer Sale?

Trying to save some money for the sale. First sale I'll get to actually buy something now that I've got a part time job :D

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Few new things on Nuuvem today:

Reminder of what's already on sale:

dreamfall

I've been on a huge Hitman kick of late- does anyone know if the boxed copy of Hitman Contracts will work on Windows 7? Or where to get it digitally?

Zia

What's the best driving game on Steam? I've had a thirst for a few months now. I purchased Burnout Paradise last time it went on sale and it bores me to tears. I'd like something a bit more realistic.

What's the best driving game on Steam? I've had a thirst for a few months now. I purchased Burnout Paradise last time it went on sale and it bores me to tears. I'd like something a bit more realistic.

Although it's not realistic, if you are into kart racers Sonic allstar racing transformed is great.

Tak3n

Banned

Trackmania stadium is good, if you like short races, though there is no collision detection between cars

Berto

Probably GTR2, it's old but still very good.

I loved Driver: San Fransisco, unrealistic game mechanics but the drive feel on that game is TOP-TIER. Also, when i discovered there was a fully functional cockpit view with full 900 degree steering wheel animations, I was in love.

jediyoshi

Blur.

Oops. I have a soft spot for Shift 2, otherwise it's hard to go wrong with either Grid games or Dirt 2.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I loved Driver: San Fransisco, unrealistic game mechanics but the drive feel on that game is TOP-TIER. Also, when i discovered there was a fully functional cockpit view with full 900 degree steering wheel animations, I was in love.

Driver San Francisco is easily my favourite driving/racing game this gen by far. That and Flatout Ultimate Carnage.

Card Boy

Banned

Stuff i own:

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.
Colin McRae Dirt 1 (others are shit)
Need for Speed: Shift 1+2
Death Rally

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I second this. Not realistic, but awesome as very few other racing games. The shift mechanic is great.

If you played Midtown Madness 2 as a kid, this game will bring back those memories. Will bring them back hard, and you'll be overwhelmed with nostalgia. Do yourself a favor and play Driver:SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom