• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

lvl 20 is gonna hurt for nvt
oh fury whyd you stage dive

damn if tomster saved boars for ts disengage they would have won right there
fury def mvp of this series

yah sunday gonna be hype

also ~20k twitch viewers, very decent for hots, if they strive to build the storylines it'll only get better

that is such a scary team to play against for nvt, whoever is playing hammer is going to be shitting bricks

What's dope is there are games all day every day of the weekend, every weekend for 5 straight weeks. So they can finally establish some continuity and build on it over time.

I honestly didn't think this would turn out anywhere near as well put together as it is and I am very impressed - the presentation is legitimately on par with League and CSGO.

I am interested to see how well the presentation translates to the LAN events - if it's anywhere near as good as what today has shown it'll make even Valve Majors look bad.

brian!

downside is i feel like watching one bo5 is my limit lol
the big focus on zarya for na is totally unexpected for me

Zackat

glau has made a couple of amazing plays with Medivh. I haven't even tried him at all lol

stream is working fine now, idk what was going on. I just restarted by browser and all is good.

Gold level brain here again, so Morales and Zul'jin combo. I get that Zul'jin gets more dps as he gets lower health as that's his thing, but he also has his toggle trait to do a flat increased 25% damage. So in my mind as a Morales player there is a benefit to healing Zul'jin so they can keep that toggle on almost all the time. Thoughts?

scoobs

Gold level brain here again, so Morales and Zul'jin combo. I get that Zul'jin gets more dps as he gets lower health as that's his thing, but he also has his toggle trait to do a flat increased 25% damage. So in my mind as a Morales player there is a benefit to healing Zul'jin so they can keep that toggle on almost all the time. Thoughts?

Yep, its a good combo. Plus the stim pack on him makes him even more absurd

Okay. This game I was in these two were getting on my whenever I'd heal Zul'jin saying I was wasting my mana. Not that they contributed much either, but thanks for the feedback.

scoobs

Hero League is so funny. The toxicity at my current teir is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. Really awful players telling eachother how they should be playing all the while feeding and not playing their own hero correctly.

Idk why I do this to myself.

Alavard

Taz'Dingo stim is a sight to behold.

This bloodlust brawl might be my favorite yet, it's so great!

I like this brawl because it gives me an extra level of thought during the draft. I had Xul come up as an option and it was too intriguing to pass up. As it turns out, having double-speed waveclear as Xul is great on a map in which lanes are constantly getting unattended.

scoobs

What a dumb night of hero league. Lost 3 games with literally perfect comps, then my last game of the night our team doesnt pick a support and we win easily. What is this life I'm living?

scoobs

Forgot to join the EU rosterpocalypse league... looks like not a lot of people interested in EU :D Oh well, made my team.

This brawl is seriously fun. Illidan is an absolute monster with Battered Assault+ Blades of Azzinoth + Meta upgrade at 20. Holy shit he's unkillable god mode with bloodlust :D

Got the Zarya master skin. That black and yellow tint is too dank to pass up on

imo Zarya has better skins in hots than she does in overwatch :p

she's seriously gotten zero love in the skin department in overwatch despite being one of the best characters in the game.

scoobs

imo Zarya has better skins in hots than she does in overwatch :p

she's seriously gotten zero love in the skin department in overwatch despite being one of the best characters in the game.
It must be coming, you are totally right. I dig the Arctic one the most, her others are so terrible. Luckily she's so fun to play (and good) that I'd play her anyway.

I think she's mildly OP in HOTS still, particularly when she gets her ridiculous shield talents at 13, 16, and 20. You're throwing out so many fucking shields it's a wonder anyone on your team could ever die to anything at all.

I continue to think tank Varian is fucking OP. Warbringer makes this guy so dumb its actually offensive.

Still think it doesn't make up for weak ass hero till 10 but then again he's been picked a bunch by competitive teams as a solo / main tank. He went 2-2 overall yesterday. Naventic picked him 3 times.

scoobs

Still think it doesn't make up for weak ass hero till 10 but then again he's been picked a bunch by competitive teams as a solo / main tank. He went 2-2 overall yesterday. Naventic picked him 3 times.

The lockdown is so long, any competent team will secure a kill every single time you have it up (which is often) unless the enemy support in competent (they usually aren't at my skill level)

At higher levels of play there's easy counterplay with cleanse and some ulties, but if those are on cooldown? That person is fucking dead 99.99% of the time.

The lockdown is so long, any competent team will secure a kill every single time you have it up (which is often) unless the enemy support in competent (they usually aren't at my skill level)

At higher levels of play there's easy counterplay with cleanse and some ulties, but if those are on cooldown? That person is fucking dead 99.99% of the time.

A competent team that can follow up on it should be facing a competent team that can ward against it. Trading warbringer with some ulties would be insane value.

scoobs

I don't really know what they could do to make people pick Shield Wall. Its actually a good talent, but there's no replacement for a stun in this game.

brian!

Should be noted that he was picked to counter stuff like sanc and as wombo enabler in heavy self-sustain comps, nvt basically wanted to try out not having peel from a warrior and have players take care of themselves, opting for a tank that picks enemies out.

They...had mixed results

Cleanse doesnt counter taunt in high lvl play, cuz the teams know not to all in on a taunt when cleanse is up. If they can hustle out the varian after the cleanse it's a win for the varian because for some reason blizzard thought that making taunt a 14 sec cd (or whatever it is) was a good idea

Top Bottom