• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch and Standard Editions, which is your preorder? (Amazon)

Hmm, yeah, I see what you mean. Oh well, I'm not paying much attention to ship dates yet. It'll all be sorted once an official date is announced.

I ordered the standard on Tuesday, but I just got the email saying I was bumped up to a Launch edition. It said I could get release date shipping but the option wasn't there when I checked. Customer support gave me one day for free, so I guess I saved 8 bucks either way. Still hope to get it release date or day after!

Hey guys, just wanted to give people who have pre-ordered the PS4 from Amazon.com and getting is shipped to another country.
I pre-ordered my launch day PS4 back in June with my shipping address being Japan. I received a new credit card and I updated my info on amazon.com
As soon as I finished updating my credit info I received an E-mail from Amazon stating that my Launch day PS4 had been cancelled.
I check my Amazon history and my pre-order history has also been deleted. A few minutes later I receive an Email from Amazon saying that the cancelation of the PS4 was due to them not being able to ship it aboard (Japan).

This is the E-mail I received after my order was cancelled.

"We're writing to inform you that item you ordered has been cancelled because the seller is unable to ship your order to the shipping address provided. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. You won't be charged for items that are canceled."

I E-mailed Amazon customer services asking why?

Amazon responded with
"
Hello,

I checked "PlayStation 4: Launch Edition" on our website and verified that it can't be shipped to Japan. Warranty and legal restrictions limit the delivery destinations for some products. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Books, DVDs and CDs can be shipped to most countries. To view Video Games, Software, Electronics, Watches, Jewelry, Apparel, Shoes, Sporting Goods and Health and Personal Care items that can be shipped to select countries outside the United States, please visit Amazon Global (http://www.amazonglobal.com).

You're welcome to purchase from other Amazon websites as well. You'll find links to our international websites at the bottom of any Amazon.com web page.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards"

I E-mailed them asking if I can change the shipping address and this is was their answer.

"Hello,

I'm sorry to learn about the inconvenience about the cancellation of 'PlayStation 4: Launch Edition'.

I see that this will be released on December 31, 2013 ;

You can surely order and ship it to any of your U.S., address or to your relatives or friends at U.S.

However, in any case, you had to re-order it (and cancel the current one) as we could not have changed the address on your order# to an U.S. address for part of the order, since the order also had two of your other Games ordered in it, that are shipping to Japan.

Meanwhile, you can surely order it to any of your U.S., address and if you do, I'd request you to place a new order for it with a 1-day shipping speed and write back to us with the new order number so that we'll either waive off or refund the 1-day shipping charges incurred on that new order.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

Also, I'd like to let you know that we do ship all the items to freight forwarders who are located within the continental United States. Here are some websites that give information about various freight forwarders:

http://www.forwarders.com/
http://www.freightnet.com/

From that address you can forward the item to your country.

I hope this information helps. Thanks for your cooperation & support. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry."

So I guess if you've pre-ordered the PS4 from Amazon.com are you are NOT in the US, then you are shit outta luck unless you have a US address to ship to.

I thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hope I'm able to preorder mine without them cancelling my order.

I guess being in the same continent has to help. God, I really wish it does. Thanks for heads up.

Aspiring

Hey guys, just wanted to give people who have pre-ordered the PS4 from Amazon.com and getting is shipped to another country.
I pre-ordered my launch day PS4 back in June with my shipping address being Japan. I received a new credit card and I updated my info on amazon.com
As soon as I finished updating my credit info I received an E-mail from Amazon stating that my Launch day PS4 had been cancelled.
I check my Amazon history and my pre-order history has also been deleted. A few minutes later I receive an Email from Amazon saying that the cancelation of the PS4 was due to them not being able to ship it aboard (Japan).

This is the E-mail I received after my order was cancelled.

"We're writing to inform you that item you ordered has been cancelled because the seller is unable to ship your order to the shipping address provided. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. You won't be charged for items that are canceled."

I E-mailed Amazon customer services asking why?

Amazon responded with
"
Hello,

I checked "PlayStation 4: Launch Edition" on our website and verified that it can't be shipped to Japan. Warranty and legal restrictions limit the delivery destinations for some products. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Books, DVDs and CDs can be shipped to most countries. To view Video Games, Software, Electronics, Watches, Jewelry, Apparel, Shoes, Sporting Goods and Health and Personal Care items that can be shipped to select countries outside the United States, please visit Amazon Global (http://www.amazonglobal.com).

You're welcome to purchase from other Amazon websites as well. You'll find links to our international websites at the bottom of any Amazon.com web page.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards"

I E-mailed them asking if I can change the shipping address and this is was their answer.

"Hello,

I'm sorry to learn about the inconvenience about the cancellation of 'PlayStation 4: Launch Edition'.

I see that this will be released on December 31, 2013 ;

You can surely order and ship it to any of your U.S., address or to your relatives or friends at U.S.

However, in any case, you had to re-order it (and cancel the current one) as we could not have changed the address on your order# to an U.S. address for part of the order, since the order also had two of your other Games ordered in it, that are shipping to Japan.

Meanwhile, you can surely order it to any of your U.S., address and if you do, I'd request you to place a new order for it with a 1-day shipping speed and write back to us with the new order number so that we'll either waive off or refund the 1-day shipping charges incurred on that new order.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

Also, I'd like to let you know that we do ship all the items to freight forwarders who are located within the continental United States. Here are some websites that give information about various freight forwarders:

http://www.forwarders.com/
http://www.freightnet.com/

From that address you can forward the item to your country.

I hope this information helps. Thanks for your cooperation & support. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry."

So I guess if you've pre-ordered the PS4 from Amazon.com are you are NOT in the US, then you are shit outta luck unless you have a US address to ship to.

I thought I'd give you guys a heads up.

The exact same thing happened to me on August 8th. I was furious. I got straight on to customer service an nothing they could do. So now I have has to use a forwarding company to get it here to me which means shipping is going to be about $70 extra : (

At that stage for me though they still had bundles in stock so pre ordered a knack launch day bundle, which customer service said was Guranteed on launch day. I said to the guy, so was my last one, but he said if it says that it is, so all was well.

~~Hasan~~

mine is PS4 Launch edition without any games " i pre-ordered as soon it was opened after E3 Sony presentation"

but i just posted this in the CBOAT thread

in Amazon, there is no COD bundle. which means the console is coming before COD is out.

so i guess Oct released is very possible. .

I'm not taking any chances I'm going to preorder mines at walmart and ask for more info. I rather go and buy it at midnight and have it right away than waiting on some delivery truck. I ordered the one from Amazon like a few days after E3 and mines say standard edition.

Aspiring

mine is PS4 Launch edition without any games " i pre-ordered as soon it was opened after E3 Sony presentation"

but i just posted this in the CBOAT thread

in Amazon, there is no COD bundle. which means the console is coming before COD is out.

so i guess Oct released is very possible. .

Really all this means is that amazon didn't want to do a CoD launch bundle. There was a Watch Dogs bundle an that game comes on November 18 so you could say it won't come out until Watch Dogs does. Means nothing.

~~Hasan~~

Really all this means is that amazon didn't want to do a CoD launch bundle. There was a Watch Dogs bundle an that game comes on November 18 so you could say it won't come out until Watch Dogs does. Means nothing.

do you believe the bundle was just a move from amazon only ?

if thats the case, then why there is no xbox one bundle ? " or is there? i didn't see any lol"

Aspiring

do you believe the bundle was just a move from amazon only ?

if thats the case, then why there is no xbox one bundle ? " or is there? i didn't see any lol"

Yes it was. There are no "official" bundles. Different stores have different bundles.

And I don't know why they don't have any Xbox One bundles. Maybe after the initial hype and storm of PS4 preorders, when they got more allocation, they just wanted to make higher profit from each console sold. And because the X1 didn't get as many pre orders, mixed with the already higher price they didn't want to. I mean if they bundled Live and a game it would be $599. Remember $599? Where on a PS4 it would still be cheaper than the X1.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

Mine hasn't been cancelled yet but their shipping for standard (and launch) editions now says that they only offer shipment to US. Is it normal for them to offer it one way and then change it months afterwards? So annoying. They definitely allowed shipping worldwide before, I made sure to double-check.

I may have to just bite the bullet and pay the extra $100 and hope Australia is part of a same day release as the rest of the world.

Checking the amazonglobal link you posted the xbox one is still offered as selected countries outside US, I wonder if there's still a chance early consoles can still be shipped to other places.

Aspiring

Mine hasn't been cancelled yet but their shipping for standard editionts now says that they only offer shipment to US. Is it normal for them to offer it one way and then change it months afterwards? So annoying. They definitely allowed shipping worldwide before, I made sure to double-check.

I may have to just bite the bullet and pay the extra $100 and hope Australia is part of a same day release as the rest of the world.

Checking the amazonglobal link you posted the xbox one is still offered as selected countries outside US, I wonder if there's still a chance early consoles can still be shipped to other places.

No try definetly changed it after. The last one I remember them doing this with was Bordelands 2. I pre ordered from them, than they changed it to US addresses only, but as long as you don't change your details they will still ship it to you no worries.
I had to change my CC and it cancelled straight away as well, but you can just use a shipping forwarding company like hopshopgo an your good.

Top Bottom