• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch and Standard Editions, which is your preorder? (Amazon)

Another easy surefire way to know which one you have (from the original thread.)
Check the link on your receipt. If the ASIN is B00BGA9WK2 you have the launch edition.

Where is this? I check my email confirmation on the order and the invoice option on the site and i dont see this anywhere.

Edit: nevermind, someone posted how to do it. Looks like im good for an xbone and a ps4 at launch : )

Mouse over "Playstation 4" in your order details, the ASIN should be at the end of the URL.

Sounds to me like you got a launch edition. Amazon really ought to do something to make checking this easier. Perhaps email people telling them their order is a launch edition.

aw yeah, dat B00B!

You're guaranteed the console on launch day with prime shipping. There is no difference otherwise.

Thanks

I also pre-ordered with $25 down at best buy yesterday but i am not really sure if that really works. Just a back-up plan of sorts.

I am buying a second one for my brother

All this confusion is exactly why I preorder in store.

It's not really that confusing- people just aren't following directions for how to check which edition they have.

As for preordering at B&M locations- that's not always as clear as they try to make it seem, either. Your local GS or BB will happily take your deposit and put you on a list, but they still won't know how many units they're going to have on launch day for many months yet. A lot of people who went that route are going to be empty handed at launch.

Fixed1979

I managed to get an order into Amazon.ca immediately after the conference, before they took it down again...hopefully they don't fuck it up.

So, let me get this right. I pre-ordered the launch edition, but that just means I'm definitely getting a unit from their first batch? Nothing more, right?

sca2511

Weird, I pre-ordered a Launch edition on my account the minute it was available and then had some hindsight about 5 hours later so I also pre-ordered another on my mom's account because she has prime and I don't. Just checked and they're both Launch editions.

Doesn't seem like they ran out in minutes.

Can't you share Prime with four other people?

theDeeDubs

Did anyone's "your orders" page get updated to launch though? I was F5'n Amazon during each conference so I got my pre-orders in within seconds of it going up. My XB1 eventually got updated to say Day 1 Edition in my order section but my PS4 did not. Although going to the product page does show I ordered the launch PS4. Tempted to contact them since most of their csr's there are insanely helpful, but sometimes you can get one that knows less about Amazon than you do.

slabrock

Banned
Launch. Member of amazon prime and I had the ps4 page bookmarked so when the conference was over I could go right to it.

I think some people should check again. I order before there was I launch edition and I don't have prime. Mine became the launch edition later when they separated it.

Check both pages and see which one it says you already ordered.

Launch edition of the PS4(pre-ordered 10 or so minutes after it went up) and the Day 1 edition of the One(also pre-ordered right after it went up)

BossLackey

Gold Member
I ordered mine exactly as it went up. I have the launch edition, Woooooot. Saving some PTO at work so I can take a few days off once we get a release date. Yes, I'm that pathetic.

Don't worry, I'll be doing the exact same thing when Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain come out.

Sanic

Huh, when I checked yesterday the launch edition was shown as the one I had ordered, but the link in my confirmation email shows standard.

Not gonna cancel the preorder yet, but obviously I'll be trying to find a unit elsewhere where I can guarantee a unit. For the record, I ordered about 25 minutes after the link went live.

I see a lot of people talking about PRIME.

PRIME shouldn't have any bearing on which edition you get. I got the Launch Edition with no issue and do not have PRIME. The two-day shipping was only $8.

I totally forgot that Amazon doesn't charge you until your product ships or else I could have totally got the launch editions of both consoles. :(

Now I'm stuck with standard editions that have a estimated delivery date of January 2014. :(

NME

I ordered somewhere around midnight EDT after the Sony presser, and according to Amazon I am on the launch edition list.

That's cool, though I'll believe I'm getting a PS4 on launch day when I get delivery confirmation.

I ordered mine exactly as it went up. I have the launch edition, Woooooot. Saving some PTO at work so I can take a few days off once we get a release date. Yes, I'm that pathetic.

Me too! And I can't wait!

Man, if its timed the week before, during, or after Thanksgiving it'll be a nice long vacation :)

I have the launch edition one.

It not only gives me the Instant Update message, but when I go into my order details, it says launch edition now (it didn't before).

Ordered within the first minutes of availability too, when it only had one SKU.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
When I pre-ordered mine I had the option of launch or standard. I chose the standard thinking the launch edition was going to be more. Oh well.

JimiNutz

Banned
I pre-ordered on Amazon UK literally the moment that they announced the £350 price (when I pre-ordered the PS4 was still listed as £600 on the site! lol).

Can't anything about any launch edition on the UK site, but since I pre-ordered so early I'm gonna assume that I'm gonna get it on launch.

knitoe

PRIME shouldn't have any bearing on which edition you get. I got the Launch Edition with no issue and do not have PRIME. The two-day shipping was only $8.

Prime is normally 2 days shipping. If you pay for 2 day shipping, it's the same thing. So, you'll get it on launch day.

Guessing, it seems to me if you don't have Prime or pay for fast shipping (1/2 day), you won't get it on launch day unless you live close to a Amazon distribution center.

UFRA

Has any of this B00B and "you purchased this item on XXX" stuff been confirmed by Amazon, or are people just speculating?

I mouse over the PS4 link in my order, and I have the B00B and whatnot, and it says I ordered this item when I select the launch edition...HOWEVER, when I click that PS4 link in my order it goes to the standard edition..sooooooooo yeah...

Also, I notice the standard and launch edition have the same exact URL when you click back and forth between them. (both contain B00B...)

I ordered it at 10:10PM CST.

I pre-ordered from Best Buy. I had no issues on Wii U launch day, walked in and walked out with it, so hopefully will go just as smooth this time around as well.

I did the same. Wanted to go with Amazon to avoid the $30 in tax, but I had a $200 gift card and figured day 1 delivery if I did store pickup.

The gamestop employee told me that only the first batch of PS4s and Dual Shock 4s will include the touch pad on the controller. That shit ain't true, is it? lol

Yes Boss!

Yep, Prime has nothing to do with it.

I ordered after the conference with Super Saver and mine is a Launch Edition. Estimated arrival is just a week later to factor in Super Saver times.

Has any of this B00B and "you purchased this item on XXX" stuff been confirmed by Amazon, or are people just speculating?

I mouse over the PS4 link in my order, and I have the B00B and whatnot, and it says I ordered this item when I select the launch edition...HOWEVER, when I click that PS4 link in my order it goes to the standard edition..sooooooooo yeah...

I ordered it at 10:10PM CST.

It's going to the Standard Edition from your link because that's the default version now and the only one currently available for pre-order.

If you're getting the "ordered" banner on the launch edition, you should be good. You can always contact Amazon if you're concerned.

The gamestop employee told me that only the first batch of PS4s and Dual Shock 4s will include the touch pad on the controller. That shit ain't true, is it? lol

Gamestop employees have a tendency to just make shit up. They don't have access to any information that you don't.

Top Bottom