• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This super event ain't even on legitshook.com. What the heck is strobogo doing over there?! Needs to get off his thicc duff and get to work!

Is this the kind of era that you'd like to see reviewed? Pre-Hogan WCW?

WHEN THINGS WERE GREAT?

Carny Alert

DKQAgFCW0AA5uwV

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bobby Heenan Observer is up, and this is incredibly touching.

Still, shortly before his death, and he was well aware it was coming, at a time he really couldn’t even communicate any longer, in his last visit to Las Vegas, to see relatives and the Tenay family (Bobby and wife Cindy Heenan were very close to Mike & Karen Tenay), he and Mike spent their last time together watching old Chicago YouTube footage of wrestling when he was a teenager, falling in love with the business.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eyes welling up again
While adversaries on television, Heenan loved Monsoon, and went with the idea that if he was going to leave, that Monsoon should be the one to kick him out of the promotion, which he did on the December 6, 1993, edition of Raw from White Plains, NY. Heenan said that after the show, he and Monsoon went to the hotel room and cried for an hour on each others’ shoulders because they weren’t going to be working together any longer.

They were wonderful friends :~(

This week, WWF contacted Glenn Jacobs and told him he was being brought back immediately and it's expected he will play the role of Undertaker's brother "Cain." Jacobs is still USWA champion (using the Doomsday gimmick) and wasn't given a chance to drop the USWA title before he left. USWA is discussing putting a different wrestler under the Doomsday mask and pretending as if nothing's different, but they haven't decided yet.

I can't wait to hear Dave's thoughts on Kane's debut.

Alex Wright won the WCW cruiserweight title from Chris Jericho on Nitro. There's been talk of doing an angle where Wright comes in just barely over the weight limit and will be forced to relinquish it back to Jericho, but no word if that will actually happen (it didn't but Wright eventually lost it back to Jericho a few weeks later anyway).

They should do this if they ever wanna bring a Cruiserweight to the normal roster.

Carny Alert

DKQAgFCW0AA5uwV

Joshi scene is all fucked up lately. Nanae Takahashi is a scumbag and people still go to bat for her. Starting her own thing and immediately hiring Yoshiko after the stuff with Yasukawa is some bad business. That entire scene is pretty grim.

After that recent attempted stabbing there were still marks on Reddit trying to defend badly guilty parties. It was pretty embarrassing and awful to read.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Dana. Big Momma Pump deserves awards, though.

Dana Brooke was given an award over the weekend at the Mr. Olympia bodybuilding show in Las Vegas. She received a female image award.

Foggy

The hype around Ben K died down, I think mainly due to Dragon Gate being a bit cold overall but now that they are picking it back up again, it's crazy how good this guy is 2 years in. He's got the poise, the presence, the look of a total star and is putting it together in ring frighteningly fast in a very demanding style.

But he's got the Shibata shoot headbutt as one of his signature spots now so COME THE FUCK ON JAPAN.

I think a big part of his early hype was how protected he was in tag matches and how smartly he was used, not too dissimilar to how much Roman was loved when he was with The Shield. Now that they have more faith in him, they're letting him do singles matches and his lack of experience is showing. He's still young, he's still got a great look, and he's getting more experience so I have faith that it'll come together.

Joshi scene is all fucked up lately. Nanae Takahashi is a scumbag and people still go to bat for her. Starting her own thing and immediately hiring Yoshiko after the stuff with Yasukawa is some bad business. That entire scene is pretty grim.

After that recent attempted stabbing there were still marks on Reddit trying to defend badly guilty parties. It was pretty embarrassing and awful to read.

There's a really weird, not insignificant section of joshi-specific fans online that are remarkably toxic. They're the ones that pipe up first using "Act shot first" as some weird rallying cry. I don't know why all these shitlords decided that joshi was their sandbox but they suck and shit up most joshi discussion.

I
There's a really weird, not insignificant section of joshi-specific fans online that are remarkably toxic. They're the ones that pipe up first using "Act shot first" as some weird rallying cry. I don't know why all these shitlords decided that joshi was their sandbox but they suck and shit up most joshi discussion.

I've noticed that a bit, especially over the last week.

I mean, Yasukawa with Grave's disease, then Yoshiko going after the eye she lost sight in, it is just.. Even IF "Act shot first" how is what happened justifiable in any fucking way or reason. It is awful shit that people carry on with.

I don't expect the people who carry on like that to care, but I think if people knew about Act Yasukawa's life and the really, really significant sacrifices she made. Well, I would hope people would stop being complete and utter cunts.

The trouble was never rest holds and always that wrestlers have forgotten how to make holds compelling - or, really, wrestling's changed so drastically that the style isn't useful anymore. Audiences won't react for it like they did 50-60 years ago.

There's an amazing Baba vs Destroyer match from the 70's that's built entirely around a headlock and is generally considered a masterpiece, but most would probably find it boring and lack the patience to appreciate the work they're putting into the hold. Like that infamous Bryan vs Cesaro match in PWG that's all Bryan trying to escape a headlock, lots of people hated it.

this is why I kind of hate the "yeah but workrate" argument for why wrestling is better now. No question about it the wrestlers are way more athletic now, but there is something lost to match building.

1. Never Going Back Again
2. Go Your Own Way
3. Second Hand News
4. Dreams
5. I Don't Want to Know
6. The Chain
7. You Make Loving Fun
8. Gold Dust Woman
9. Songbird
10. Don't Stop
11. Oh Daddy

I loooove 1-8, though.

Songbird can wreck you on a bad day

There's something about the build in go your own way that just floors me every time.

Foggy

I've noticed that a bit, especially over the last week.

I mean, Yasukawa with Grave's disease, then Yoshiko going after the eye she lost sight in, it is just.. Even IF "Act shot first" how is what happened justifiable in any fucking way or reason. It is awful shit that people carry on with.

I don't expect the people who carry on like that to care, but I think if people knew about Act Yasukawa's life and the really, really significant sacrifices she made. Well, I would hope people would stop being complete and utter cunts.

The new talking point is that she was a broken person who did terrible things to herself so retiring her from wrestling was the best thing that happened to her. Try-hard, edgelord bullshit.

Foggy

Also, the fact that Toni is tied up until next year lends weight to Stardom's social media guy saying they have some foreign wrestlers tied up until June of next year. For her sake, hopefully they don't forget about her since NXT has a taller, blonder Australian under contract.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, the fact that Toni is tied up until next year lends weight to Stardom's social media guy saying they have some foreign wrestlers tied up until June of next year. For her sake, hopefully they don't forget about her since NXT has a taller, blonder Australian under contract.

She's the best. Forget this Tonetta woman. It's all about the RR.

Beefy

You do realize that we're only a few days removed from Jinder cutting a racist promo on Nak?

It's like saying you wish that Trump doesn't hire Sean Hannity as the White House Press Secretary.

I can wish for many things man. Like a life time supply of KFC.

ill take popeyes over kfc. kfc makes me feel ill
Yeah I like Popeye's spicy chicken

KFC Famous Bowls are good but that's about all I really care to get from there

Lately I've been kinda sick of fried chicken in general, it's just overly greasy (and I'm not someone who generally cares about that sort of thing). To the point of like.....sliminess?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All about spicy chicken

the first Nashville Hot I got had a little too much of the spice in it, and it was amazing. But Christ my entire body smelled like it for about six hours.

I've been to UK/Ireland KFC once and all I remember is them having the worst chips of all time.

Potato chips or french fries? Or is that biscuits? Or cookies?

Top Bottom