• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch EU launch line up.

Kouriozan

No puyo puyo makes me sad, looks like I'll buy 2 games with it, better than Wii U where I only got Warrior Orochi 3.
Also getting DQ Heroes 1+2 day one but I doubt it'll be March.

Got this image off twitter

15941388_643916709124730_8655427471267718945_n.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If this is true then i will get Zelda, Fast Remix and Snipperclips in March. Should last me a while.

Zelda, Splatoon 2, Mario, and Xenoblade all being year 1 is *pretty* good imo

If you waited a year or two before getting a Switch you could be walking into an insane library

sora87

Zelda, Splatoon 2, Mario, and Xenoblade all being year 1 is *pretty* good imo

If you waited a year or two before getting a Switch you could be walking into an insane library

Yup, seems the smart move to wait.
Although I won't be getting Splatoon 2 because of the online fee to play.

Orbis

Just getting Zelda for launch, maybe something from the store if there's anything good. Apart from that it'll probably just be Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey for this year. I guess there might be some announcements at E3 though.

I doubt Xenoblade is genuinely 2017 but who knows.

Dehnus

Have we had anymore infomation on what the EU's gonna get for the Switch launch line up?

Switch is not region locked therefore we can frollick in the US and Japan's offerings also

All I can see confirmed so far is

Confirmed for launch
Zelda BOTW
1-2 Switch.
BombermanR
Snipperclips
Skylanders
Just Dance 2017

Probably coming but not confirmed for launch
I Am Setsuna
Rayman Legends
Has Been Heroes

Launch Window

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Arms

15941388_643916709124730_8655427471267718945_n.jpg
So basically, more expensive than the rest of the world? Paid online like the rest of the world and less launch games than the rest of the world?

Tell my my motivation Nintendo, as it is running away really fast.

deleted

Snipperclips around launch is nice, but why are we not getting Puyo Puyo Tetris?
That's my preferred MP game from the bunch right now.

sugarless

No puyo puyo makes me sad, looks like I'll buy 2 games with it, better than Wii U where I only got Warrior Orochi 3.
Also getting DQ Heroes 1+2 day one but I doubt it'll be March.

I'm glad now that when I visit Japan for business I can actually buy some Nintendo games which aren't 20-30 year old retro carts.

RE4

during the presentation they said there are about 80 titles in development. how does that compare to other new nintendo systems before they were released? does anyone know anything?

I was at the switch event at London today and got to play a few of the games. 1 2 switch is a hard pass from me, it's actually laughably bad. Pretending to milk a cow, counting how many balls via the 'hd rumble' unlocking a safe. Meh. Arms was quite fun but the movement was fairly naff. I didn't want to queue for Zelda as it was an hour and a half wait.

Not overly impressed and a consider myself a fairly big Nintendo fanboy.

I updated the OP. Worth bearing in mind stuff which is bound to come out isn't listed. Sonic Generations 2, Pokemon Stars, Smash Bros port, whatever third party stuff we get, etc.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
this is US, not EU I think

No, it is EU. NA one has "Fall" instead of "Autumn". They're similar anyway except Setsuna which is in the early part of 2017 in NA..., and just 2017 in EU.

Bumhead

Banned
It's a shitty looking launch, but theres enough there for me I think.

For the last few console launches I've bought way too many games. Think I walked out of GAME with 7 with my PS4, and that was just ridiculous. I think my favourite ever launch was the PS2 where I had just Timesplitters and Tekken Tag, and played and loved both to bits.

Zelda and Bomberman on launch, with Fast Racing RMX and Mario Kart 8 over the following month, potentially works for me.

I fully expect pokemon stars to be released in December. I genuinely think we'll look back at the end of the year and think the first year was pretty good for the switch.

I fully expect pokemon stars to be released in December. I genuinely think we'll look back at the end of the year and think the first year was pretty good for the switch.

Same. E3 announcement of Pokemon port for the fall, so they keep people buying Sun/Moon for 3DS as long as possible.

Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon, in year one. That'd be a pretty great year to me at least.

Robiin

I just want to know the price in Scandinavia. Sites have set it to 5000NOK/SEK but that's absolutely insane. Most have a clause in the sales page about "this is a preliminary price" but there's less than 50 days left!

For reference, 5000 is over 550€.

Nerazar

Pokémon will most probably be there before Black Friday :) Launching it *with* Mario during the same month would be overkill.

Strings

I just want to know the price in Scandinavia. Sites have set it to 5000NOK/SEK but that's absolutely insane. Most have a clause in the sales page about "this is a preliminary price" but there's less than 50 days left!

For reference, 5000 is over 550€.

I doubt it'll be that high, but you'll probably still see a stupid mark-up. It's $470 in Australia, which is ~$355 US. Accessories are similarly inflated, with the Joy-con bundle at $120 Aus, or $90 US. These are all the Nintendo recommended retail figures...

Already dumb prices made even dumber :/

Pokemon has been a November release for the past couple of games, ORAS and S&M so thats my window for it. I expect Mario for October provided it doesn't get delayed.

For what it's worth, the Aus press release mentions Mario as a Chrstmas period release.

I doubt it'll be that high, but you'll probably still see a stupid mark-up. It's $470 in Australia, which is ~$355 US. Accessories are similarly inflated, with the Joy-con bundle at $120 Aus, or $90 US.

Already dumb prices made even dumber :/

For what it's worth, the Aus press release mentions Mario as a Chrstmas period release.

The US price doesn't include tax though, cos America is dumb like that.

Its €330 here, which is 339 dollars ish.

Robiin

The US price doesn't include tax though, cos America is dumb like that.

Its €330 here, which is 339 dollars ish.

Even if they did what they usually do, it would be $300->300€->3000 NOK. Even if you then add VAT to that (25%), it should be at MOST 3750. And usually, when they do the USD price+one more zero (300->3000), they already include tax because $300 is actually just 2500.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
One of the worst launch lineups I've ever seen. What the fuck have Nintendo been doing all this time?

Vol5

I could see the Switch being "re-released" during Winter 2017. Lower price with a pack-in and Mario / Kart / Zelda to choose from is way more tempting. As it is, that lineup is the worst I can remember.

Top Bottom