• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want crossplay on PS4? Make your voices be heard.

kinggroin

Banned
Even if you don't give a duck, what's the harm in helping those that do, by tweeting? I mean, you actually took the time to come in here and type out, "I don't care"

The fuck guys.

vpance

Do you only know PlayStation owners? A few people have echoed this sentiment and I was curious. Maybe because I hop around to various platforms all the time but I have different friends on the Xbox, PS4, and PC and it sucks needing to double dip to play with all of them.

You realize that's the whole point? Sony and MS are doing whatever it takes to gain a MAU. Sony, via the peer pressure of their 60M user base and MS with Minecraft extortion.

Aww man, I thought my hashtag was clever. #NoCrossNoPlay

DCXOmpEUMAADJo1.jpg

Regardless, thanks for trying to get everyone organized. I'm definitely in.

Zackat

I want this just for the sake of fighting games. This feature could give life blood to the smaller communities on different platforms.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Cross play Would only be important to me in a game if the implementation allows you to party up and chat with people on different platforms. But I'm assuming it'll be much more limited in most games.

Like I have one friend remaining on xbone who refuses to get a ps4 even though the rest of our friends switched and now play together on psn. I also have other friends who aren't console gamers at all who it would be cool to be able to play with.

It should be important for everyone. We've gotta tear down those walls and play together. We're one big family.

Nintendo players, PC players, Playstation players and Xbox players playing together. Close your eyes and imagine living in such a world and tell me that you wouldn't want something like that.

This is our playground! We've gotta fight for such a bright future where everyone plays together, no matter on which platform.

Exactly, I really wish people would stop and look at the broader picture and realize that PS gamers aren't the only gamers that matter. This is about ALL gamers.

For a forum that is supposedly so progressive and inclusive, it's times like this that make me think it's only really skin deep.

I barely have any care for online multiplayer full stop, and it doesn't matter to me if it had never existed at all, but I still tweeted them all to add my voice.

Just because I don't care for t, doesn't mean it's not an important issue more broadly for us all.

You can never take anything for granted with big businesses, so please, no matter how indifferent you are, join in with the rest of us and make your voice heard, before something bad you do care about happens and it's futile to try and stop it.

fbutron

It really curious that the OP does not have a PSN ID on their info and it so firm in "helping" PS4 players

On topic, not really interested in crossplay but if you agree on one you will have to agree on everything so those who say then RL??? If you say yes to RL how your say NO to the MS pressure

Cross play Would only be important to me in a game if the implementation allows you to party up and chat with people on different platforms. But I'm assuming it'll be much more limited in most games.

Like I have one friend remaining on xbone who refuses to get a ps4 even though the rest of our friends switched and now play together on psn. I also have other friends who aren't console gamers at all who it would be cool to be able to play with.

I'm sure the more momentum crossplay gains, the better the features and solutions. Support it now and use Discord or something. Baby steps.

LNBL

It really curious that the OP does not have a PSN ID on their info and it so firm in "helping" PS4 players

On topic, not really interested in crossplay but if you agree on one you will have to agree on everything so those who say then RL??? If you say yes to RL how your say NO to the MS pressure

I have no info on my profile at all, am i not a gamer anymore? Useless remark to make

I don't play online multiplayer games as much as I did in the past so this doesn't really affect me. It's Sony disrespectful lying to my face that's boiling my blood.

Whales

Banned
I really dont see how people can be indifferent to this

imagine a FPS game that has 2k conc. players on ps4, lets say 1k on xbox one and 1k on pc...

Matchmaking could take a while... Espcially if you aren't on at the peak player count time

Suddenly, crossplay is avaible... So instead of being only able to matchmake with 1k other players online on xbox or only 2k on ps4, you can matchmake with 4k of them..

This would bring back life to a lot of games

LordKasual

Banned
ok so

is Minecraft like the only game that's not crossplay?

Sony by FAR is not the worst to do this, Microsoft has been holding private circlejerk sessions since forever. The only reason people don't complain about that is because they've been doing it for so long

And Nintendo doesn't have any multiplayer network games anyway

Dude, did you not read the first two words?

I was requested to do this. I like to help out whenever consumer related issues come up. I said that I could make the time to do it if no one else was going to if people really wanted.

This also has nothing to do with what fanboy camp you are in or what companies hardware you don't own. Read the scenarios I wrote for crossplay again. This kind of future benefits everyone. I wouldn't give a flip who it was that was standing in the way of making it become a reality faster. I would be doing the same thing.

CookTrain

No I don't support the petition.

Isnt it a bit hypocritical not mentioning FF14 on xbox.

Given everyone arguing in favour of it also wants that, I don't see how it's hypocritical. It's just that one game vs one platform to overcome, you've got to go for the platform.

I don't play online multiplayer games as much as I did in the past so this doesn't really affect me. It's Sony disrespectful lying to my face that's boiling my blood.

Ya, I'm more outraged but their official response to the situation than their actual decision on it. That was some straight up BS that nobody was buying.

Boke1879

OP. Thank you for doing this. I've already tweeted them yesterday.

It'll be interesting to see how much traffic this thread gets as opposed to the other ones.

Also if anyone is engaging in Sony Fanboys. It's a fools errand. They don't care. Don't waste your time. Just tweet and move on.

Done! I think, i'm not very good with tweets!

Maybe we should do one of those online petitions.

Digimon got an Euro release because of that, right?

Why should it matter? This mentality is of scoring points in a consolewar.

Who did what first or whatever should have no bearing on whether we should walk through the door that is now open. We have an opportunity to effect change right now.

tkalamba

It's kind of sad that there are people who can't see past console wars BS and support a pro consumer initiative.

I support this this movement.

ok so

is Minecraft like the only game that's not crossplay?

Sony by FAR is not the worst to do this, Microsoft has been holding private circlejerk sessions since forever. The only reason people don't complain about that is because they've been doing it for so long

And Nintendo doesn't have any multiplayer network games anyway

what?

itsFizz

So where can I sign for keeping crossplay away? I really do not like the idea of it and only see trouble down the road...

Just curious, but why have people only started kicking off at this after over a decade of online play without it being a mainstream thing.

I'm not against cross play, but this has really come out of no where when this has been common practise as long as online play has existed.

If / when sony caves I hope they go all the way.

Add OS level account linking for Xbox Live, Steam, Origin, Uplay, GoG like they do for Twitch and Youtube.

Kayant

While an option to voice chat with cross platform players doesn't exist, allowing cross platform play this gen is the first step in integration in the future.
I think some of you guys have too big expectations on things like being able to play with friends via a cross-party system online and things like that. These kinds of things are almost always going to be uncommon in cross-play games due to extra layer attached(Cost, maintenance, support etc) involved. At least in the immediate future when Sony eases up as big devs/pub will be slow on the uptake.

Console manufactures are unlikely to go out of their way to make integration easier because it reduces the reliance on their online system.

Unless a company decides created a service to do all the work if that's possible that's the only way you would get "integration"(assuming you mean something along the lines of seamless chatting and the like on XBL/PSN atm).

Minecraft should give us a good idea on how these well built systems with accounts will work.

It's not in the sense that with Sony this is to do with there overall stance to cross console-play whilst with MS it's to do with some requirements to enable crossplay platform play that seem to effect MMOs the most atm.

Even if you don't give a duck, what's the harm in helping those that do, by tweeting? I mean, you actually took the time to come in here and type out, "I don't care"

The fuck guys.

I was thinking the same. Some people have their head really deep into their arse just because is MS the one pushing for it. It's a fucking shame this community is so fucking childish sometimes.

Experien

I don't really care honestly.

I feel like most of the games I play online are PS4/PC exclusive so no access to XBL players is not a deal breaker. Kind of glad I don't have to deal with PC elitists though or potentially petty people to kick me from their game cause I am not good enough.

Also doesn't matter much to me since everyone I know has a PS4 and not an XBONE.

If it would cause issues with gameplay, then absolutely not. If it is the same and not MS forcing me to sign into XBL, sure, why not?

Just curious, but why have people only started kicking off at this after over a decade of online play without it being a mainstream thing.

I'm not against cross play, but this has really come out of no where when this has been common practise as long as online play has existed.

bc MS is not the leading platform and not everyone wanted to jump ship. those left behind want to play with their friends and more people but can't cause different consoles. I am sure some people won't change cause achievements. But if most of your friends are on a different console, you are more likely to buy a competitor's product where your friends are. BUT if you can play with them while on your own console, they have retained a player and secured more money.

KampferZeon

Neo Member
Given everyone arguing in favour of it also wants that, I don't see how it's hypocritical. It's just that one game vs one platform to overcome, you've got to go for the platform.

FF14 is not available on xbox because of Microsoft crossplay networking policy.

I see some forum users complain about Playstation while turning a blind eye to ms policy.

Either he/she is a hyprocrite or a xbox fanboy

I think some of you guys have too big expectations on things like being able to play with friends via a cross-party system online and things like that. These kinds of things are almost always going to be uncommon in cross-play games due to extra layer attached(Cost, maintenance, support etc) involved. At least in the immediate future when Sony eases up as big devs/pub will be slow on the uptake.

Console manufactures are unlikely to go out of their way to make integration easier because it reduces the reliance on their online system.

Unless a company decides created a service to do all the work if that's possible that's the only way you would get "integration"(assuming you mean something along the lines of seamless chatting and the like on XBL/PSN atm).
Not true at all. For one, Psyonix has gone on record to say that they have what it takes to make Ps4 x Xbone x Switch x PC work, they just need Sony's permission. They also said it's very simple. So really, it's not that we have too big expectations, it's that you have a misconception.

So I'm inclined to believe cross play would actually be easier for devs.

VICI0US

from a players perspective there's honestly no downside to this.

a bigger player community means not only faster matchmaking but more importantly an increased lifespan for online multiplayer titles.

their excuse of "keeping our players safe" is bs.

So where can I sign for keeping crossplay away? I really do not like the idea of it and only see trouble down the road...
What on earth are you talking about?

Let me guess: you're gonna talk about Keyboard and Mouse like all games are shooters without considering we can seperate KB/M players like GTA V has been for two years now

I was thinking the same. Some people have their head really deep into their arse just because is MS the one pushing for it. It's a fucking shame this community is so fucking childish sometimes.
sometimes? this is the 6th thread born out of Sony's anti-crossplay policy with other platforms besides PC, and in every single thread there's been a huge defense in favor of Sony

CookTrain

FF14 is not available on xbox because of Microsoft crossplay networking policy.

I see some forum users complain about Playstation while turning a blind eye to ms policy.

Either he/she is a hyprocrite or a xbox fanboy

Tweet MS as well! This is about everyone being in on cross play. As I say, the thread is focused on Sony because they're holding out at the platform level right now and with everyone else being seemingly on board, that's the bigger prize.

That's not a counterpoint to the thread. It's in addition to.

Top Bottom