• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Kinda shocked Ryback hasn't ended up on WhatCulture.

Also I looked at his preworkout.

Fucking insane how much caffeine is in that thing.

Ryback is asking for insane money for dates. The guy who runs my local indy said the could get Pentagon Jr 5 times for what Ryback wants for a match.

Tagyhag

Ryback is asking for insane money for dates. The guy who runs my local indy said the could get Pentagon Jr 5 times for what Ryback wants for a match.

That explains why I haven't been seeing him so much.

Ryback always saw himself as a Mania main eventer, I wonder if eventually he'll have to step his foot in reality and lower his fees.

Sephzilla

If Jarrett returning to TNA is what finally does the promotion under, then Jarrett will have finally after all these years done something good for wrestling

If Jarrett returning to TNA is what finally does the promotion under, then Jarrett will have finally after all these years done something good for wrestling
It's sad because I thought the same thing.
Wonder if Braun will succeed where Ryback failed.
Ryback was pushed too fast, that was the problem. Also they put him in a losing situation in that match with Punk. Neither could've lost. Now if Braun loses to Roman and keeps the hype afterwards then they've done a good job.

Sephzilla

In getting consistently good booking?

I was never a big fan of Ryback but he was definitely a victim of bad booking. I actually think is Pseudo-Goldberg run would have eventually gotten over had they kept him in the midcard for a while. He got pushed into that CM Punk feud way too early and then eventually became Cena food. He was done at that point.

I want to believe that Stroman vs Reigns in a sorta hoss brawl could be quite good but I just know that my eyes will be rolling all over the place after witnessing the sixth superman punch of the match because WWE booking mandates that Reigns must spam the move.

random aside: Did we ever get a "greeting Grapple fans" gif in an OP? it should be the first thing seen every month.

Did you guys discuss The Hardy's rumor for WWE yet? I'm way behind on thread reading.
Crazy Hardys facing American Alpha would warrant this for me.

Real arse Owl: Ryback deserved better, ball was thoroughly dropped.
Not to Wade Barrett levels but hey there's another Nexus victim.

Heroman

Banned
It's normal to feel that way because he did reinjure the knee in the first place partially by coming back early from it, even if the reinjury didn't happen until months later

If you don't properly rest/heal something, the risk of re-hurting it will always be far greater than hurting any other body part
Seth didn't come back early from his previous knee injury.

Yup

All signs point to them going to wwf, only question is whether they can legally take the broken gimmick with them

By all accounts they own the gimmick not TNA, it was Matt and Jeff that were primarily behind the booking of their angles over the last year and I believe they had substantial creative control over their characters.

IMO, my hope is that when they appear in WWE, have Matt go back to his old style, but have the fans chanting delete at him (which they will), have him slowly transform into his Broken form. That way it introduces the character to the WWE audience without it being out of place.

Jeff will likely still be Jeff though. I can see the Hardys being on opposite sides of the brand split, with Jeff going to Raw while Matt goes to SD.

Caderfix

Ryback said:
"My idea was, and I went to Vince, I've been asking for Brock Lesnar for WrestleMania for the last three years. But I told Vince, 'you have to build me up properly.' And I go, 'this pay-per-view, it will break all-time records if you build this match up properly.' And I asked him, I go, 'you need to let me go away for six months' and I go, 'I live in Las Vegas [Nevada]. MMA is hugely, insanely popular. It's pretty much the breeding ground here in Las Vegas of MMA.' I said, 'let me go join a fight camp, full-time, for six months. We will make it look like I'm about to go out and do a real fight. I come back to WWE though, challenge Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.'"

Ryback continued, "Vince, just completely, it went over his head and I just remember sitting there dumbfounded. Like, 'Jesus Christ! You can't f--king be that out of touch.' Maybe he didn't want me to go away for six months or whatnot. I don't know."

I find that funny

At least THE BIG GUY had ideas that he wasn't afraid to pitch, we're talking about a guy who cut a promo about The Secret after all, he'd give anything a go.
Let's just ignore that the universe not granting him a championship run throws the books entire gimmick into further question.

By comparison someone like Cesaro's most crazy pitch to Vince was probably "hey can I get 2 minutes of mic time?"

That Ryback proposed idea of a Brock feud is just so amazing in the worst way.

Also Strowman vs Roman will go less then ten minutes before lights go off, a gong is heard and Taker appears to tombstone Roman.

klonere

Banned
At least THE BIG GUY had ideas that he wasn't afraid to pitch, we're talking about a guy who cut a promo about The Secret after all, he'd give anything a go.
Let's just ignore that the universe not granting him a championship run throws the books entire gimmick into further question.

By comparison someone like Cesaro's most crazy pitch to Vince was probably "hey can I get 2 minutes of mic time?"

Ryback's so weird in that I've seen him cut genuinely great promos and then he ended his run on that fucking abomination of an IC title feud with Owens featuring some of the weakest mic work in WWE history.

Although that could have been him just giving up at the end, which isn't very in line with the philosophy he espouses.

Ryback's so weird in that I've seen him cut genuinely great promos and then he ended his run on that fucking abomination of an IC title feud with Owens featuring some of the weakest mic work in WWE history.

Although that could have been him just giving up at the end, which isn't very in line with the philosophy he espouses.

I suppose when Trips straight up says "ehh, eventually we're gonna have to pull the plug on ya" to your face no amount of positive thinking can save you.

His IC title run being pants was a shame, just dropped him into generic face role, none of the dominance that made his initial face run work as well as it did. Guess the chamber match he won the belt in being a load of wank was foretelling.

Fox318

That's insane.

I will say at least it appears Ryback is trying hard to expand his brand.

Between the supplements, having his own tshirt shop (outside of prowrestlingtees) and the podcast he's working.

Honestly Ryback should try and go to japan and build his image off of matches over there. Wouldn't he fit in NOAH right now?

Owens vs Ryback was fun for a minute when they stiffed the fuck out of each other during a tag match which unfortunately didn't cross over to their actual matches.

Edit: I remember when it seemed like Ryback would end up in BC before it was revealed to be Cody. Ryback would probably do really well in Japan.

klonere

Banned
That's insane.

Between the supplements, having his own tshirt shop (outside of prowrestlingtees) and the podcast he's working.

Honestly Ryback should try and go to japan and build his image off of matches over there. Wouldn't he fit in NOAH right now?

Ryback would be killed in NOAH. It's a shoot promotion now.

Also they have no money so I doubt they'd be able to bring in Da Big Guy.

I suppose when Trips straight up says "ehh, eventually we're gonna have to pull the plug on ya" to your face no amount of positive thinking can save you.

His IC title run being pants was a shame, just dropped him into generic face role, none of the dominance that made his initial face run work as well as it did. Guess the chamber match he won the belt in being a load of wank was foretelling.

Yeah the whole deal really did get off on the wrong foot and then had just about the minimum amount of effort put into it by the wrestlers and creative team. A sad end.

"You were the chosen one! You were supposed to bring TNA back from the brink of annihilation, not destroy it!"
csbkszl.jpg

"Don't piss me off, Slap Nuts!"
jeff-jarrett-guitar-shot-gary-coleman.gif

That's insane.

Only fed can take on The Big Guy right now:
unnamed.0.0.0.0.jpg

Does he want to work, or does he want to fight? Let's see him shoot on Fedor, friends.

Damn it, now I really want to see Ryback face Fedor or CroCop in a shoot. Well, as shoot as Rizin Fighting Federation gets, in any case.

Juice got juice on sunday

Getting pulped in march

Yup

All signs point to them going to wwf, only question is whether they can legally take the broken gimmick with them

They'll dot he gimmick, but I'm just not looking forward to it. I didn't find it that funny in TNA and I'm sure it'll be even more annoying in WWE.

klonere

Banned
Damn it, now I really want to see Ryback face Fedor or CroCop in a shoot. Well, as shoot as Rizin Fighting Federation gets, in any case.

Fedor wins in 13 seconds of the first round with a headkick.

Fedor, reaper of prowrestler souls.

Then Ryback will go on his podcast and claim he took a fall.

Caderfix

I just finished watching RAW. That last segment was so awkward. The moment Reigns showed up the energy was sucked out, not that the crowd was great, but, still, damn...

Foley stepping up to Braun was cool though.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
One of the things I want to happen the most in the WWE is for Brock to squash Goldberg and then be squashed by Braun.

I would be all about this. Just let someone on the main roster be the guy to beat Lesnar or Goldberg. I'm through with the part timers being seemingly several tiers above current wrestlers. It was novel for a while with Lesnar, but its old now.

They'll dot he gimmick, but I'm just not looking forward to it. I didn't find it that funny in TNA and I'm sure it'll be even more annoying in WWE.

The live arena stuff wasn't great, but everything taped at the hardy compound was incredible imo

But yeah, without matt having any creative control it'd suck in wwf.

Fedor wins in 13 seconds of the first round with a headkick.

Fedor, reaper of prowrestler souls.

Then Ryback will go on his podcast and claim he took a fall.

Could Saku in 2017 take out Ryback in a shoot?

There's only one way to find out. Book it, Rizin!

Fox318

Really interested in seeing Netflix in the wrestling game.

Without having to worry about fighting with advertisers and the perception of the wrestling fan living in a trailer they might be able to actually do some cool things.

Expansion into sports is the next step for them and wrestling is an easy and cheap way to dip their toes in.

I think NJPW might be a good fit for Ryback right now. They tend to love over-muscular foreigners, and Omega was teasing him for the BC last year before it ended up being Cody (although that may just have been Omega being Omega)

Really interested in seeing Netflix in the wrestling game.

Without having to worry about fighting with advertisers and the perception of the wrestling fan living in a trailer they might be able to actually do some cool things.

Expansion into sports is the next step for them and wrestling is an easy and cheap way to dip their toes in.

This is for a Netflix-exclusive series, not a revival of the promotion.

Top Bottom