• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Wii U, new Mario and Mario Kart @ E3 this year

Bricky

Nintendo bringing the games, Sony and Microsoft bringing next-gen. If this E3 sucks we might as well give up gaming alltogether!

Can't wait to see what kind of graphics the creators of Super Mario Galaxy can push out of the Wii U. It will be so glorious.

mandiller

Mario and Mario Kart are confirmed to be playable at E3. Smash Bros won't be. I expect it will be a character reveal trailer or something, maybe a little gameplay.

KKRT00

Are Nintendo even able to make new IPs? Its starting to look ridiculous, theirs consoles are targeting only Nintendo fans, no one else.

Sid

Isn't it obvious?

Hopefully MS and Sony have some cards up their sleeve because so far Nintendo has Yoshi, Mario, Mario Kart, Smash, and Pokemon X/Y in their show. Pretty crazy.
They always had Mario and Pokemon......

Tuck

I believe we are only getting pictures of Smash at E3. Thats what it sounded like in the Nintendo Direct. Definitely not playable, but I dunno about a video.

XXMQ0X5.jpg

lol

Wow, thats grim humor.

Edit: D'oh joke account..

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
No surprise.

Although I expected to see this all announced later there was never any doubt that Nintendo was going to announce a slew of stuff in the face of the next generation Xbox and Playstation.

I don't think I'll buy another Mario Kart. That series is tired as fuck. And they're always seriously lacking in content.

New EAD Mario and Smash Bros are system sellers for me. Can't wait.

OryoN

Is there like a consolidation thread where we can review all the info/pics/vids? If not, there should be.

I'm still trying to piece together all the details... my Nin-Drct stream was like a slideshow. I was so distracted by it that I ended up missing out certain (audible) pieces of info, which wasn't even part of the technical problem.

dani_dc

No surprises, with that said it's nice for it to be confirmed.
Especially curious to gear about the new Mario game.

BD1

Banned
So, safe to assume they are trying a 3DS Style mega holiday this year?

MK7 + SM3DL + MH = MK8 + SMWii U + Retro (?)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I cant believe people didnt realize the Kaz Twitter is a joke immediately...like how obvious do you have to be?

Bgamer90

Banned
Nintendo already won E3.

So, um... should we just give Nintendo E3 this year now and get it over with?

Haha, based on games that everyone on the face of this earth knew were coming to the Wii U (a new Nintendo console)?

Come on now. You guys do know that MS and Sony will more than likely have new consoles/next gen games right?

This upcoming E3 will definitely be great though.

XaosWolf

If everyone announces their new consoles and some exciting games, and Nintendo announces their mystery projects, then I'll be a happy happy man come E3. =D
That said, Sony and Microsofts consoles and launches had better be nothing less than perfect to appease a whole lot of their fans.

effzee

I believe we are only getting pictures of Smash at E3. Thats what it sounded like in the Nintendo Direct. Definitely not playable, but I dunno about a video.

Image form probably refers to a trailer/video footage.

Showing just pictures would be very odd.

Playable Smash 4, playable 3D Mario U, and probably playable WW HD.

Plus whatever 3rd party games and Retro is working on most likely at this E3. Should be good.

Top Bottom