• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Trigger DS! Read first post for information.

miguel_c_hammer said:
QFT. Chrono Trigger might be the single most overrated game ever. Besides, I know for a fact that the kind of people who will cream their pants because of this are the types who've already played through it a hundred times on SNES.
and now i can play 100 more time on the go :D

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Amir0x said:
that would be too great a sin even for SquareEnix of today. Chrono Trigger still looks good.

So true, an port with the SNES graphics that runs well on the DS would still be gorgeous to look at and play.

The only thing they need to "fix" is to add the PSX cutscenes.

Hcoregamer00

Door2Dawn said:
Meh,I thought Chrono Cross was better.

That should get a PS3 remake.

They should also cut the cast down to 8 people and tighten the narrative while they are at it.

Amir0x

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
So true, an port with the SNES graphics that runs well on the DS would still be gorgeous to look at and play.

The only thing they need to "fix" is to add the PSX cutscenes.

as long as they don't try to add superfluous touch shittery to it.

Maybe they'll add another 23 endings though

NewLib

Banned
The one great thing out of this if it is true is that Square recognizes that the Chrono series exists for the first time in like 8 years.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Hcoregamer00 said:
That should get a PS3 remake.

They should also cut the cast down to 8 people and tighten the narrative while they are at it.

How about a proper Sequel?

IMO would never happen, the magic team has all but gone now.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Amir0x said:
as long as they don't try to add superfluous touch shittery to it.

Maybe they'll add another 23 endings though

"Enhanced Port" seems to scream "superfluous touch shittery"

Hcoregamer00

Elbrain said:

Exactly, just remake Chrono Cross.

Since the magic of both teams are now missing, they should just let the series stay where it is, while updating the magic each generation.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Honestly, I've played the game a whole ton of times as is, it's fine as is and still holds up today... would have much rather seen a non mediocre Chrono sequel, even if for DS!!! But it's still cool S-E hasn't forgotten this game.

Aeana

BlueTsunami said:
"Enhanced Port" seems to scream "superfluous touch shittery"

No it doesn't. It screams original game + extra content. FF Advance.
That's exactly what this is.

Elbrain said:

Yup. Actually, in an interview awhile back SE said this was the reason they don't plan on making a sequel.

it's very difficult to be able to reunite the original team, to be able to make a sequel to the Chrono series...because if we don't try to reunite these people but take other people instead, we will find ourselves at that point with a game which will feel different, since there would be different persons in charge, and we would possibly lose the Chrono spirit.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Hcoregamer00 said:
Exactly, just remake Chrono Cross.

Since the magic of both teams are now missing, they should just let the series stay where it is, while updating the magic each generation.

I wish they would do that, but man they hesitate to Just do a FF7 remake they would never ever do a Chrono Cross one.

I would love for a Front Mission 3 remake with HD-gen graphics!
*Drools*

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
FUCK YEAH!!!!!! DAY MOTHERFUCKIN' ONE!! WOOOT WOOOT WOOOT!!! ALL ABOARD THE WOOOT TRAIN!!!!!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
NewLib said:
The one great thing out of this if it is true is that Square recognizes that the Chrono series exists for the first time in like 8 years.

There was that lil' reference in the DS Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime... lol.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Aeana said:
No it doesn't. It screams original game + extra content. FF Advance.
That's exactly what this is.

Only, without the FF Advance compromises due to deficient hardware, we can hope. :)

I wonder how on earth they'll use the two screens if it's just an 'enhanced port.' I agree with Amir0x about touch being totally superfluous for this kind of game, save that for Super Mario RPG DS where it'd actually fit in nicely.

LaneDS

Best gaming news all year for me. Might be the nostalgia but Chrono Trigger is still my favorite game of all time.

Top Bottom