• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from Eccentric Family this seems like kind of a weak season to me. Hopefully there are some other shows from the season that wind up being really good and surprise me.

Imagining a world where I still actually get around to watching anime, I'd be interested in the following:

Bahamut 2 - I never watched the first one beyond the first episode, though...

You didn't miss much. The first episode was by far the best, and the show was pretty much immediately going downhill.

Who needs anime when you've got Zelda?

Zelda is my bane. With the Spring Season about to hit my Wife and I have like 30+ 1st Episode Reviews to churn out over the next three weeks. But I really want to just say "screw it" to all that and stay in bed playing Zelda all day =/ Why can't I be ten again?

Cornbread78

Yeeeep. I'm just lucky my Wife is anime obsessed, otherwise it'd be all trips to Savers and Michaels for me.

hmm m, my Sat will be more of the same.

Mall, Target, Market Basket, Wal-Mart, Pet Store, fast food and/or restaurant, some place the kids want to go to, , back home, chores, etc, etc, etc...

Clov

FidZknJ.gif

Code:
Cornbread78	1,160
Narag	969
Dedication Through Light	870
duckroll	640
GoldCrusader	640
MetroidPrimeRib	629
Admiral Woofington	518
Line_HTX	516
hosannainexcelsis	503
nintendoman58	468
MikeHattsu	383
Crimson_Echidna	354
SliceSabre	340
names2hard4you	329
zulux21	321
Haly	319
Jarmel	310
Qurupeke	289
Hellwarden	289
Quasar	286
PshycoNinja	271
phaze	264
blurr	235
OniBarubary	234
Jexhius	224
Jintor	204
TUSR	202
firehawk12	201
PdotMichael	200
KraytarJ	200
NaDannMaGoGo	198
Szadek	196
Taruranto	196
KuwabaraTheMan	189
Valdfellgar	174
kewlmyc	173
Thud	173
BGBW	171
Joe Molotov	170
Clov	169
Basileus777	158
Puruzi	157
Trojita	154
Aki-at	150
Turin Turambar	146
Shard	139
Syrinx	130
Ascheroth	125
8 X 11 Printer Paper	124
Man God	124
dimb	124
JulianImp	110
Sterok	107

Looks like I managed to make it on here this time! Now, quoting from the previous thread...

Join us in the Japan travel thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539079

Or living in Japan thread if you're staying there for a really long time ;P
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884540

I'll be there for at least a year, so I think I'll check out the living in Japan thread. Thanks!

Also, the Kickstarter for Mind Game's Blu-Ray has been launched, and successfully funded. If you want to back it, here it is!

Syrinx

I don't know if I should technically be on the Wall of Shame for last season since a good amount of my posts were about BoJack Horseman.

And that's a really shame, it destroyed that season's pacing.

It wasn't a total loss, but yeah it really damaged things early on and then at the end. I wonder what this means for AoT? I would hope the pacing isn't quite so rushed, but I also don't recall a good place to end things if we're not rushing content. Maybe if I have time later I'll load up the manga again and try to see where they could get to in just one cour.

Dude, I'm not sure what to do here... I just finished Tales of Berseria Tuesday night and now I have Nier, Horizon and Mass Effect staring at me, plus P5 on Monday night.... What do I play through this weekend? Do I start on of the backlog games or wait until 5 drops!?!
I would drop Mass Effect. Game doesnt hold a candle to anything else you have listed. I'd do Horizon, Nier, Persona since you can beat them in 15ish, 25ish and then finally, over 100 hours respectively. Persona is the longest game of the 3 and there really isn't anything too crazy coming out until E3. These 3 games should be more than enough to keep you busy for a while.

Here's hoping they speed through the politics arc then. Imagine the outrage if there are 0 fights after the first episode for the entire season lol.

Kirakira PreCure a la Mode 08

I love you Ichika but you and the rest of these girls couldn't possibly run a bakery, except maybe Yukari till she got bored.

Cornbread78

So only eccentric family 2 is worth looking into?

Did you watch the original series?

I would drop Mass Effect. Game doesnt hold a candle to anything else you have listed. I'd do Horizon, Nier, Persona since you can beat them in 15ish, 25ish and then finally, over 100 hours respectively. Persona is the longest game of the 3 and there really isn't anything too crazy coming out until E3. These 3 games should be more than enough to keep you busy for a while.

True enough. One of the guys I work with wants me to play ME first, so I can let him borrow it. He just wants to get to the point where he can bang a dude (I can't remember who is husband is) and then drop it since he doesn't really care what happens to the human race and finding a new home. Selfish jerk.

Thud

Andromeda is basically just as bad as anime.

Poor animations, terrible writing, bland characters and a generic story. The only redeeming point is combat, which apparently lacks tactics.

Cornbread will love it.

Aki-at

I'll always remember this thread's start date thanks to it starting on the same day as my birthday :p

Hm out of everything next season only Sakura Quest grabbed my interest (and I'll admit it's because it just reminded me of Shirobako for superficial reasons.) Need to check out eccentric family season 1 before I jump on season 2 as well.

blurr

I remember there was a Hyouka discussion in the previous thread, aside from how it stands in terms of production quality I've admired that show for how mysteries fold out in every episode. Acutely well written and paced.

Rakugo S2 9-11

Not a fan of how they went all the way with ghosts'n stuff in this. Much prefer it as a down to earth drama.

Rakugo stories generally end up with surrealist elements while remaining grounded initially, particularly the one Bon was performing at that point. I feel this particular scene/sequence (if not the entire show in general) was playing out like a Rakugo story. I appreciate that the transitions are pretty fluid but I think this was a bit more indulgent than usual. Then again, the man was on the brink of death.

Cornbread78

I'll always remember this thread's start date thanks to it starting on the same day as my birthday :p

Hm out of everything next season only Sakura Quest grabbed my interest (and I'll admit it's because it just reminded me of Shirobako for superficial reasons.) Need to check out eccentric family season 1 before I jump on season 2 as well.

First of all, Happy B-Day! Second of all, go marathon Eccentric Family!

Line_HTX

OH?

This is about 45 mins away from me, but I'm sure my wife has a full schedule for me on Sat, like usual....

That and we're expected to get another foot of snow tomorrow. WTF Mother Nature! I just really want to start Spring already, all this snow and cold temps is dragging me down....

This year AnimeBoston booked some pretty neat guests, like directors and anime staff people. You should tell her you have plans, heh heh heh

Cornbread78

Cornbread broke out of the cage and made his way to Gaming.

I'm there all the time buddy, lol

Atelier Firis OT
MLB The Show OT
Tales of Berseria OT (good banner work here from brotha BGBW)

Just a couple, lol.

I'm not sure I want to step back into that thread I just made though. I sometimes forget how crazy/sensitive everyone is about anything related to gender/love in gaming....

That wasn't the point guys.... *cries to himself quietly*

Yeah, I got a lot to finish up from Winter, and I'm almost done. Trust me.
And finally, after many years, Boring Girlfriend Flat is here at last. Need some of that Utaha-senpai greatness!
This year AnimeBoston booked some pretty neat guests, like directors and anime staff people. You should tell her you have plans, heh heh heh

Yeah unfortunately, wifey will not go for it, since I'm the family taxi, lol.

I'm very much looking forward to Saekano as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom