• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

That video was really helpful. I like how there's an XP benefit for food. It means I'll actually have use for it now unlike most other games.

The exp bonus from food is negligible it's not worth the price of buying them imo, especially since it's your 1st character
If u join a newbie friendly fc (guild) those very often has exp bonus equipped
And remember to always logout on sanctuaries (there will be a moon symbol above your exp bar) to get bonus exp when you login again

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Any healers using <mo><t><me> macros?

Do you get the problem where trying to queue up a heal will heal yourself instead of your <mo>?

EDIT: Okay I figured it out. Just another laggy ass software-side quirk courtesy of S-E.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Just wondering, if I did the PS3 to PS4 upgrade of FF14... how do I buy Heavensward? On PSN it says I don't own the PS4 version of FF14 (since I technically never bought it), so I'm not sure how to get it while it's still on sale.
I did the upgrade campaign when the PS4 launched and had no issues buying HW from PSN when it launched. Maybe try the ps store website? Or buy a code from Amazon if you're in the US.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZVQKUGW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

kagamin

I rather like playing Scholar, granted it's just been in Trial/Main Story roulette so far since I hit level 50 so it's easy, but I'm having a lot of fun.

I tried preordering Stormblood on the PSN web store from my browser, and I got a weird message that said "Your purchase may have not worked; please check your purchase history". The game is not in my purchase history, but I did get the two PSN emails about buying it and that my wallet had been topped up.

glaurung

I tried preordering Stormblood on the PSN web store from my browser, and I got a weird message that said "Your purchase may have not worked; please check your purchase history". The game is not in my purchase history, but I did get the two PSN emails about buying it and that my wallet had been topped up.
Something is up with PSN pre-orders right now. People who pre-ordered Horizon usually cannot see their game in the Download List view. Sony sent out an email stating that this is normal and even that receiving an email stating that the pre-order has been cancelled can be dismissed.

Weird.

draw4wild

So looking at the new player guides, it looks like I quit right before the suggested ilevel 95-105 activities came out. Ninja is already at 40 after 5 days so he'll be in no time. It's crazy how I switched to my summoner for the first time since coming back and I had my hot bars setup the exact opposite from ninja, so all my attacks were on the L2 side and on ninja they are all on R2

I'm trying to wait on a friend to finish the MSQ from Ramuh on so I have a ton of time before I have to pick up HW. Can things like the extreme trials be done in duty finder now? I was stuck on titan ex when I quit since the churn in party finder groups made it hard to beat(I was somewhat decent at the fight). I'm assuming I can just get carried by ilvl260 people now tho.

Also at 50 should I buy things like the gloam set for ninja for the small amounts of hunt marks they cost?

So looking at the new player guides, it looks like I quit right before the suggested ilevel 95-105 activities came out. Ninja is already at 40 after 5 days so he'll be in no time. It's crazy how I switched to my summoner for the first time since coming back and I had my hot bars setup the exact opposite from ninja, so all my attacks were on the L2 side and on ninja they are all on R2

I'm trying to wait on a friend to finish the MSQ from Ramuh on so I have a ton of time before I have to pick up HW. Can things like the extreme trials be done in duty finder now? I was stuck on titan ex when I quit since the churn in party finder groups made it hard to beat(I was somewhat decent at the fight). I'm assuming I can just get carried by ilvl260 people now tho.

Also at 50 should I buy things like the gloam set for ninja for the small amounts of hunt marks they cost?
You'll get the Gloam set for free from the MSQ

EX trials can be DF'd yes but people usually do it through PF for Wondrous Tails

Arkeband

Banned
I'm having this weird issue with FFXIV (and only FFXIV) where one of two things happen:

Borderless Windowed Mode: Game locks up and computer either forcefully restarts or requires me to manually restart using the restart/power button.

Fullscreen Mode: Game crashes to desktop about 45 seconds after loading the gameworld once (and only once) with a "Fatal DirectX Error 11000002", after that it doesn't occur until my computer is restarted. (game plays fine except for the inherent annoying behavior with how games behave in fullscreen mode with multiple monitor setups)

My NVidia drivers are up to date, this seems like a known problem with W10 and multiple displays. I think it started happening more regularly when I updated from a driver I've been using since August, I can't remember what version # that was, unfortunately (and have updated a few times since so not sure if I can roll back easily).

Anyone else run into this? The whole "happens once and then stops happening" feels like there's an NVidia/DirectX process being killed by the crash that stays dead following the crash that is directly responsible.

nan0

I'm having this weird issue with FFXIV (and only FFXIV) where one of two things happen:

Borderless Windowed Mode: Game locks up and computer either forcefully restarts or requires me to manually restart using the restart/power button.

Fullscreen Mode: Game crashes to desktop about 45 seconds after loading the gameworld once (and only once) with a "Fatal DirectX Error 11000002", after that it doesn't occur until my computer is restarted. (game plays fine except for the inherent annoying behavior with how games behave in fullscreen mode with multiple monitor setups)

My NVidia drivers are up to date, this seems like a known problem with W10 and multiple displays. I think it started happening more regularly when I updated from a driver I've been using since August, I can't remember what version # that was, unfortunately (and have updated a few times since so not sure if I can roll back easily).

Anyone else run into this? The whole "happens once and then stops happening" feels like there's an NVidia/DirectX process being killed by the crash that stays dead following the crash that is directly responsible.

Do you have an Xbox controller (or any game controller) attached? Try unplugging them, it's a weird known issue that usually only affects Windows 10 Insider versions.

Jeels

Reddit was saying early access codes are already going on? Has anyone else gotten one? I preordered the Stormblood CE through the SE store.

Arkeband

Banned
You have months and months to redeem the preorder, I'm personally waiting until GMG or what-have-you will offer a discount on it like they did last time, I think I got the Heavensward digital CE for less than the base expansion cost this way. Buying through the S-E store is always the most expensive path.

Squishy3

You have months and months to redeem the preorder, I'm personally waiting until GMG or what-have-you will offer a discount on it like they did last time, I think I got the Heavensward digital CE for less than the base expansion cost this way. Buying through the S-E store is always the most expensive path.
GMG's discount is already live.

Razmos

Are we expecting any big reveals at fanfest?

Also I'm going to be hitting level 60 on my first job (Black Mage) tomorrow or Friday. Can't wait!

Meowster

How do you beat Odin? Is this just dependent on what party you get stuck with? I'm not having any issues tanking him but everyone always seems to die the second he sends out his spears and then I'm the lone one left. It's frustrating because it takes like twenty minutes to even find a party willing to fight him.

ebil

Are we expecting any big reveals at fanfest?

Also I'm going to be hitting level 60 on my first job (Black Mage) tomorrow or Friday. Can't wait!
They'll reveal the new job for sure. They'll probably reveal the theme song since Susan Calloway and Nobuo Uematsu are attending, and we might see a few more features. I'm expecting them to announce a new PvP mode as well. Fanfest is a pretty big deal, yeah.

Razmos

They'll reveal the new job for sure. They'll probably reveal the theme song since Susan Calloway and Nobuo Uematsu are attending, and we might see a few more features. I'm expecting them to announce a new PvP mode as well. Fanfest is a pretty big deal, yeah.
Ooh how exciting. I only started playing just over a month ago and I'm currently playing through Heavensward, and I'm really excited after seeing Red Mage. Looking forward to seeing what's revealed!

kagamin

How do you beat Odin? Is this just dependent on what party you get stuck with? I'm not having any issues tanking him but everyone always seems to die the second he sends out his spears and then I'm the lone one left. It's frustrating because it takes like twenty minutes to even find a party willing to fight him.

You can always try to hit up party finder to see if anyone is doing it, or gather up a group of people from here and make a pf party to do it unsycned.

Arkeband

Banned

Odin's fight is basically basic AOE avoidance and killing his spears, and then the last ~20% is a DPS race before he uses Shin-Zantetsuken.

If people are dying, they're standing in the fire, so to speak.

aceface

Tell the healers to cleanse the bleeds and the dps to kill the spears.

Vic_Viper

Just started Heavensward and I have a few questions.

1. How do I set up multiple hotbars for different classes? If I switch from NIN to another class is there a way to have a different hotbar set up without messing up my NIN's set up? I dont want to have to rebuild my hotbar everytime I switch classes if possible.

1.5 Where can I find some pics for ideal hotbar setups for Dark Knight and Machinist for PC. Ive found plenty for PS4, but not much for PC.

2. Is there a good guide online for Dark Knight and/or Machinist starting at level 30? Ive found alot of guides for lvl 60 DRK and MCH, but im looking for a beginners guide if possible that explains the basics. For example, when playing as a Machinist when do I use Reload?

To be clear, I played as a Paladin until level 48 so I know the basics of Tanking. Im more interested in learning the abilities like I would had I started the class at level 1.

Arkeband

Banned

1. How do I set up multiple hotbars for different classes? If I switch from NIN to another class is there a way to have a different hotbar set up without messing up my NIN's set up? I dont want to have to rebuild my hotbar everytime I switch classes if possible.

1.5 Where can I find some pics for ideal hotbar setups for Dark Knight and Machinist for PC. Ive found plenty for PS4, but not much for PC.

2. Is there a good guide online for Dark Knight and/or Machinist starting at level 30? Ive found alot of guides for lvl 60 DRK and MCH, but im looking for a beginners guide if possible that explains the basics. For example, when playing as a Machinist when do I use Reload?

1) When you equip a different class's weapon, save the gearset in your character sheet (so it registers it in the list of gearsets with the class icon). You can then drag the icon to a hotbar spot. I have two shared hotbars side by side for all of my classes with every class, so I can just swap to any class at any time. Unless you designate certain hotbars as shared, they will always be cleared and different for every class. Other useful shared-hotbar buttons are a button for your mount, for gysahl greens, etc.

I'll post a picture of my setup when I get home in a little while, it's not anything crazy.

Vic_Viper

1) When you equip a different class's weapon, save the gearset in your character sheet (so it registers it in the list of gearsets with the class icon). You can then drag the icon to a hotbar spot. I have two shared hotbars side by side for all of my classes with every class, so I can just swap to any class at any time. Unless you designate certain hotbars as shared, they will always be cleared and different for every class. Other useful shared-hotbar buttons are a button for your mount, for gysahl greens, etc.

I must have my hotbars set to shared, aside from my main 2. Ill check that out and see if I can figure it out.

For your first question: this isn't going to he very specific because I can't access the options menu myself right now, but I think there should be a setting called hotbar sharing. Any hotbars (they'll be numbered) you have set to share will be the same when you switch classes/jobs. Conversely if they're not set to share, they should be empty whenever you'd switch to a different job, and once it's set up, it will go to flat setup whenever you switch back to that job. This way your Ninja hotbars will only appear when you want to play Ninja.

I'm not an expert on DRK, but Machinist is very simple at level 30. You want to keep Hot Shot and Lead Shot up, in that order, then fish for Slug Shot procs with Split Shot. You basically want to reload on cooldown, but ammo is generally wasted on Hot Shot and Lead Shot, since neither of those can proc abilities and the ammo buff doesn't affect the Lead Shot DoT. So, reload if you've got both of those up with decent durations left. Other tips: Reassemble is best used on Clean Shot since it's your strongest single hit, but until you learn that, save it for Slug Shot. Don't use Blank on enemies that can be pushed away, or your melee will hate you. Make sure you get Hawk's Eye from Archer, it's a great cooldown.

Vic_Viper

To be clear, I played as a Paladin until level 48 so I know the basics of Tanking. Im more interested in learning the abilities like I would had I started the class at level 1.

This seems to be the only downside of starting these new jobs at level 30.

Anyone know of any Beginners guides for these classes? And does anyone have pics of Hotbar setups for either of these classes that arent for PS4/Controller set ups?

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
The exp bonus from food is negligible it's not worth the price of buying them imo, especially since it's your 1st character
If u join a newbie friendly fc (guild) those very often has exp bonus equipped
And remember to always logout on sanctuaries (there will be a moon symbol above your exp bar) to get bonus exp when you login again

I did log out of a sanctuary, and yeah, I'll always try to do that.

Thanks for the clarification on food, I may just fish for food and use that as an XP bonus if that doesn't cost GIL.

Arkeband

Banned
I must have my hotbars set to shared, aside from my main 2. Ill check that out and see if I can figure it out.

Hotbar Setup Example 1: DRG
lyZEBDf.jpg

Hotbar Setup Example 2: AST

So you can see some bars stay, some bars change.

B.K.

I just did Titan (Hard). That was a tough fight. The group almost wiped. There was just one guy left at the end and he barely killed Titan. I don't really know how I died, but I was dead about half the fight. I guess I didn't do as badly as I thought I did. I got three commendations. Unless I was the only one left when they left them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom