• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
Best way to stop feeling compelled to talk about the anime is to stop watching it cold turkey. Because it's wet garbage.

This. I started with the anime and I loved it to a point, and still watch it for some scenes, like I did today and I tried the newest 4 episodes.

But I can't, I found out that my dislike for some of the characters is mostly cause of the anime, the anime overexaggerates Chopper's whining and fear, Sanji's shitty behaviour all around and then dwells on it too long. Chopper was unbearable for me to watch in these episodes, I had no problem with him when I read the chapters of these episodes.

Pairing this with the often changing artstyle and quality of animation is enough for me.

Will watch for the big fights (though the Gear 4 fight wasn't as good as I hoped) and some special stuff that isn't in chapters but also not outright filler like the Amande stuff

I'll always enjoy the show due to the voice acting and music. However I don't think I can watch it week after week with the pacing issue it has.

Just wait till 850 and 851 are animated Bishop. Nothing will stop the talk here.
Don't remember numbers what happens
All I know is judge va sanji Ima talk y'all head off
Luffy vs sanji Ima talk y'all head off
Luffy vs cracker guess what Ima talk y'all head off
Sweet sweet carrot taking out brûlée,Randolph and the train guy will be gifed

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Break weeks always bring this thread to interesting places...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Ray Down

Banned
26d88516e1946128ebc87c127a4927597d3ef9c2_hq.jpg

Just waiting for this.

dan2026

It's really bad that One Piece is the best selling manga of all time and yet the anime is the lowest of low budget adaptions.

And this is before you get to the unwatchable 1 chapter = 1 episode pace.

It's fucking sad.

It's really bad that One Piece is the best selling manga of all time and yet the anime is the lowest of low budget adaptions.

It's fucking sad.
This would essentially be what the thread would be like bishop since you asked earlier

The biggest misconceptions those unfamiliar with the anime production make is that the issues of the anime are due to budget.
That's not necessarily the case.
It doesn't matter how big the budget is if the production schedule is short, the animators are sub-par, and the series director is mediocre.

EDIT:
On that note, let me tell you youngsters about the production committee for the anime and all the stakeholders involved.

The stakeholders are:
Oda, Shueisha, Toei Animation, Fuji TV (the channel the anime airs on), ADK (advertising agency), Bandai, and other sponsors.

Any major decisions for the anime and other animated media go through them. If even a single one of them rejects a proposal ( for example, a long filler arc), it doesn't happen.
Fuji TV would never agree to put the anime on hold when it still does good ratings. Bandai also wouldn't agree either because they can promote new OP merch and goods through the anime.
It's a flawed, archaic way to do business and it's hurting the anime and the staff involved.

Ray Down

Banned
Spoilers as of now:

Ch. 864 The Plan to Massacre the Whole Vinsmoke Family

Brook rips off his mask and shows his true identity, surprising Big Mom
Pudding faces Sanji and no matter how many times she attempts to shoot him, he dodges every single shot.

Pudding: "This is a big shock, isn't it!? Are you disappointed!? Rest easy, you are already a dead man! Just like the countless people I have deceived!"

Sanji: "Even me, Pudding-chan?"

Pudding begins to waver, but Daifuku arrives to assist her.

3rd son of the Charlotte Family (Minister of Beans)
Charlotte Daifuku (Hoya Hoya no Mi - Lamp Human)

When Daifuku rubs his own body, his belt buckle opens and a genie appears out of it.
Sanji faces off with the genie.

Bege holds down Luffy.
Luffy struggles, but this is all part of the act. He whispers into Luffy's ear the current state of things.

Pedro is currently facing off with Oven.

4th son of the Charlotte Family (Minister of Browned food)*
Charlotte Oven (Netsu Netsu no Mi - Intense Heat Human)

Pedro is in a hard fight with Oven releasing an intense heat from his body.

The Vinsmoke family have been completely restrained with candy and have guns aimed at them. Judge struggles and states that this was not what was promised.
At the same time, the children other than Reiju accept death while acting nonchalant.

Judge: "My whole life and all the things I have! They've all been to enact my revenge against the countries of the North Blue! I've devoted it all to restoring the Germa Empire, Big Mom! Say something, Big Mom!"

MANUELF

Banned
at least Pudding is still trying to kill Sanji and I find weird that all the Vinsmokes sans Judge already accepted death

LotusHD

Banned
Honestly I wouldn't mind
OP doesn't really care about Romance so why not.

She said she was going to do in 862.

Lol I know, I'm just surprised that she did after losing her composure.
It's different than her shooting at him from the get-go imo

Also part of the updated spoilers:
Brook offers to show Big Mom the broken picture again.

Brook is a savage LOL

caliph95

Wonder why they haven't killed the psycho rangers yet

Also it's nice seeing more stands in one piece especially this arc

Ray Down

Banned
People are pointing out Pudding has a lot of Aladdin things going on with her.

Rabian & now a Genie helping her, though I really don't see that, unless Oda thinks her puffy pants count.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bars: the thread

SolVanderlyn

Not looking at spoilers yet, so have some awesome art of Sanji's real family.

GFg51pK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom