• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvCI DLC characters announced: Monster Hunter (F), Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Venom

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
While I do have a gut feeling that Black Widow was fast-tracked over another Capcom character (be it Gill or anyone else) to address the lack of female fighters in Year 1, I don't think it's because of a lack of DLC females on Capcom's end. If anything, I feel like it's due to Black Widow possibly being the farthest along of the Season 2 characters, so Capcom fast-tracked her completion so she could be ready for Season 1. This would also line up with getting Laura Bailey, who was likely too busy with Uncharted: Lost Legacy to record for Chun-Li for the base roster, to come in for Black Widow. Laura's really the only option for Black Widow, outside of an unknown, seeing as Natasha's EMH voice actress (Vanessa Marshall) is already voicing Gamora.

That was my thinking too. Sausage Fest averted by end of the year.

There are a flaw with your theory. They could simply swap Winter Solider with Black Widow and keep 3rd Capcom in the season pass.

I think it might give more credit to my theory that something happene during the development where they were forced to delay third capcom character into 2018, or get completely canned.

Renekton

Can you honestly sit there and tell me there AREN'T hundreds of thousands of kids who bought this game and want to play as Winter Soldier?

Stop tripping.
Strangely enough, Bucky ranks #1 in Rottentomatoes' MCU CW popularity poll of over 400k total votes.

shaowebb

There are a flaw with your theory. They could simply swap Winter Solider with Black Widow and keep 3rd Capcom in the season pass.

I think it might give more credit to my theory that something happene during the development where they were forced to delay third capcom character into 2018, or get completely canned.

Im kind of worrying that with the season pass DLC promised to be over by January that we may not see continued support after all. 3 months is a very short time to finish an entire season of DLC and even shorter to throw out a season 2 pass for sale because it boosts the base game cost new to $120. Kinda worried that they just said fuck it, threw it out there as damage control to fend of review scores and said we'll finish the planned DLC to try and get all we can this holiday and we're done because it didn't pan out with the 2 million copies we anticipated.

Hope I'm wrong. Probably am. It just seems weird to see 3 months as an entire season. At least I wont have to wait long for this to become a game with 10 new characters instead of only 4 with a bunch cut on top of that. No lie though I'd pay money for a UMVC3 shader option to be added. This game looks booty and could greatly benefit just from that shader/lighting change.

Jawmuncher

Im kind of worrying that with the season pass DLC promised to be over by January that we may not see continued support after all. 3 months is a very short time to finish an entire season of DLC and even shorter to throw out a season 2 pass for sale because it boosts the base game cost new to $120. Kinda worried that they just said fuck it, threw it out there as damage control to fend of review scores and said we'll finish the planned DLC to try and get all we can this holiday and we're done because it didn't pan out with the 2 million copies we anticipated.

Hope I'm wrong. Probably am. It just seems weird to see 3 months as an entire season. At least I wont have to wait long for this to become a game with 10 new characters instead of only 4 with a bunch cut on top of that. No lie though I'd pay money for a UMVC3 shader option to be added. This game looks booty and could greatly benefit just from that shader/lighting change.

Have they actually called it a season though?
I mean they call it a season pass sure. But it's not labeled like say the SFV ones.

patchday

Ah so glad they went with Black Widow. Excellent choice. Still no x-men but we might be a good spot after all 2017 DLC releases

patchday

I'm sorry, what? Black Panther was long overdue to join the MvC series. Black Widow is also super-popular, so her inclusion wasn't surprising.

Agree'd, not to mention he's the only African American we're getting. Disappointing there's so many folks that don't care bout a diverse roster lol. I would also like to see Ms Marvel make it in. Getting a nice diverse cast will be nice

Still I'll take a single Afro American it's better than none at all

Agree'd, not to mention he's the only African American we're getting. Disappointing there's so many folks that don't care bout a diverse roster lol. I would also like to see Ms Marvel make it in. Getting a nice diverse cast will be nice

Now I want luke cage & blade.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

It wasn't called as Season Pass so It was called as Character Pass 2017. I completely get your concerns and I'm concerned as well. I just want to see them to put more characters in this game.

Also they announced Character Pass 2017 during April so it have to be before those leaks and issues appeared.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Black Panther ain't African American, he's Wakandan.

Top Bottom