• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan set for September 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017-PlayStation-Japan-Press-Conference_08-29-17.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia will host its 2017 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan on September 19 at 16:00 JST, the company announced. It will be live streamed on YouTube.

The pre-Tokyo Game Show 2017 press conference is where Sony and third-parties are expected to announce a slew of new PlayStation titles, as well as provide updates on already announced titles.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/08/2017-pla...ce-japan-set-september-19#wOuSRuRHwaQQAVVw.99

DJIzana

I know I have a Granblue Fantasy event set in December at the same venue as TGS but... I'm hoping we get to see more of Re: Link and that I don't have to wait all the way until then! It's been too long, Platinum Games!!!

mao2

Looking forward to Ape Escape 4, Jumping Flash! 4, Rogue Galaxy 2, Dark Cloud 3, Wild Arms 6, Omega Boost 2, Patchwork Heroes 2...

salromano

I know I have a Granblue Fantasy event set in December at the same venue as TGS but... I'm hoping we get to see more of Re: Link and that I don't have to wait all the way until then! It's been too long, Platinum Games!!!

It's very possible! It was at Sony's event last year, so. I want to hear about Project Awakening, too.

The Granblue event in December is the first official Granblu Fes, for those wondering. No set date yet IIRC.

Philippo

Here we goooooo
Give me:
New Japan Studio game
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
13 Sentinels
Grandblue Fantasy: Re
New .hack// title
New mainline Tales Of game (since it wasn't announced at Tales Festival and Jump Festa seems too far away)
Yasumi Matsuno's new game
Resident Evil 2 RE
Atelier game (sorry i keep forgetting the name)
Shin Yakuza
Dynasty Warrior 9
New Koei Tecmo game (Ninja Gaiden?)
Dissidia FF / DQB2
Dragon Quest Warriors 3

Ultramegatons
New From Software game
New WILD ARMS game

salromano

Meh, we never get anything good from the Japan conference.

Huh?

New: Earth Defense Force 5, Gundam Versus, Granblue Fantasy: Project Re: Link, Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary, No Heroes Allowed! VR, Warriors All-Stars

Updates / Release Dates: Danganronpa V3, Death Stranding, Everybody's Golf, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, NieR: Automata, Nioh, SaGa: Scarlet Grace, Summer Lesson

Other: Final Fantasy XV Model PS4, Silver and Metallic Red Model PS Vitas

New: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Bloodborne: The Old Hunters, Danganronpa V3, Gravity Rush Remastered, Gravity Rush 2, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone, I Am Setsuna, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force, Nioh, One Piece: Burning Blood, The King of Fighters XIV, Toukiden 2, Umbrella Corps, Yakuza: Kiwami, Yakuza 6

Updates / Release Dates: Dragon Quest Builders, Everybody's Golf, SaGa: Scarlet Grace, Star Ocean 5, World of Final Fantasy

Other: PS4 HDD bay cover color variations, Project Morpheus official name, PS4 price drop

New: Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War & Nightmare, Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, Earth Defense Force 4.1, Everybody's Golf, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, God Eater 2: Rage Burst, Luminous Arc Infinity, Persona 5 (PS4 version), Resident Evil Revelations 2, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, Summer Lesson, Touhou Project on PS4 and Vita, Ukiyo no Roushi, Ys VIII

Updates / Release Dates: Bloodborne, Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, Let It Die, Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3, The Tomorrow Children, Yakuza 0

Other: PS4 update 2.0, PS Vita update 3.30, Danganronpa PS Vita and PS TV bundles

Hopefully this year is more like 2015 and not 2016, though.

According to KillerQueen there will be no announcements this year. He was right about E3, and Fromsoft isn't even on the list of attendees thisTGS.

2018 is the year.

They don't have to be if Sony is the publisher. But yeah, I don't expect them anyway.

Also unrelated to the quote above:

Next week's Famitsu will have an Earth Defense Force 5 and D3 Publisher New Title special feature, so it's possible we'll get a release date for EDF5 and new game from D3P next week. "New Title" could just mean Happy Manager, but D3P announces new stuff every year, so.

Predictions

Monhun release date
Sotc new trailer and release window
More ni no kuni 2
Yakuza 7 reveal?
Some dissidia reveal
Knack 3

Nothing new from japan studio or fromsoft.

salromano

We actually got the game announced earlier during the Cygames Next event. We got the release window announcement, PS4 announcement VR announcement during the TGS event though.

Well I mean it was new for PS4, since it wasn't announced as a PS4 title until then.

raven777

Predictions

Monhun release date
Sotc new trailer and release window
More ni no kuni 2
Yakuza 7 reveal?
Some dissidia reveal
Knack 3

Nothing new from japan studio or fromsoft.

I don't think they will go much more in depth with Shin Yakuza... It seems quite far away. They will focus on Kiwami 2 and Hokuto.

Tyaren

Give me:
New Japan Studio game
Shadow of the Colossus Remake
13 Sentinels
Grandblue Fantasy: Re
New .hack// title
New mainline Tales Of game (since it wasn't announced at Tales Festival and Jump Festa seems too far away)
Yasumi Matsuno's new game
Resident Evil 2 RE
Atelier game (sorry i keep forgetting the name)
Shin Yakuza
Dynasty Warrior 9
New Koei Tecmo game (Ninja Gaiden?)
Dissidia FF / DQB2
Dragon Quest Warriors 3

YMC6hSf.gif

Dead or Alive 6 it is.

Temascos

Neo Member
Capcom will probably do a cool trailer that gets interrupted halfway through for a cruddy J-Pop performance advertisement for something like Monster Hunter.

My biggest hope is obviously a DMC5 announcement, but not going to hold my breath on that one. Hearing about what Istuno's lot has been up to would be interesting though.

Dragun619

Yea, outside of Bloodborne DLC, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, and all the Yakuza related stuff, that list of previous announcements doesn't really inspire excitement for me. Like with E3 & PSX becoming Sony's main showcase for their AAA titles & announcements.

I'm already expecting TGS to be just a front loaded 3rd Party show with the bulk of it being Monster Hunter World related & a couple montages of already announced projects, which ain't bad either, but not enough to make me stay up for it.

I wonder what we're going to see announced here as there have been quite a few Japanese game announcements for the PS4 lately

Secret of Mana remake
Yakuza Kiwami 2
First of the North Star
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Attack on Titan 2
SAO Fatal Bullett
Senran Kagura Burn Renewal
Senran Kagura 7

Some new Sony Japan stuff would make sense. By the time this conference starts, Monkey King and VR No Heroes Allowed will be the only two games they have announced that haven't been released on the PS4. And VRNHA will be released a month after TGS, so that would just leave one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom