• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

Kinda thought they'd go this route: Zap2it.com is now listing "Say Uncle" (the UGxSU crossover episode) as airing after "Open Book". There's no real date, but since it's already on the site it suggests that it'll air the week after (well, I think that's how it works).

After that? An episode titled "Joy Ride". Could we be heading into Season 2 episodes with no hiatus to break things up? Is this real life?

Leonel

Neo Member
So with all these updates it seems something super tragic is going to happen to Steven and/or the Crystal Gems. Do you guys think there might be some shift in tone afterwards? I don't really think so, but there's just been this thought in my head lately.

And with this "rumored" Garnet fusion...thing. I'm just curious to see which gem will carry the future vision power and which one will carry the Stretch Armstrong ability.Otherwise, this week will be great as is usually is.

Zubz

Banned
So with all these updates it seems something super tragic is going to happen to Steven and/or the Crystal Gems. Do you guys think there might be some shift in tone afterwards? I don't really think so, but there's just been this thought in my head lately.

And with this "rumored" Garnet fusion...thing. I'm just curious to see which gem will carry the future vision power and which one will carry the Stretch Armstrong ability.Otherwise, this week will be great as is usually is.

Honestly, I love that, but even if there's some good continuity here, I fear the show's eventually going to return to some sort of status quo. Besides, its main theme seems to be Steven's unbridled optimism. This last episode showed how it could backfire, though, but
it looks like Lapis is coming back, and fuses for whatever reason. Assuming she's still defending Steven, I guess his "willing to befriend everything" attitude still might work out in the end.

Psxphile

I wouldn't be surprised if Future Vision was an ability only Garnet can use, and thus why she would need to be fused at all times to aid the Gems in their mission. *If* she's a fusion, that is. Her ability to go Mr. Fantastic is part of the shapeshifting that all Gems can do, but just something that she kinda excels at.

TheOGB

Banned
woah, what

So when Alexandrite comes undone in Fusion Cusisine you can see this for a split second. *StevenBomb spoiler*
The silhouette in the dead center looks like that new blue gem/Sapphire?/HALF OF GARNET?! HAPPENING?!?

vypek

woah, what

So when Alexandrite comes undone in Fusion Cusisine you can see this for a split second. *StevenBomb spoiler*
The silhouette in the dead center looks like that new blue gem/Sapphire?/HALF OF GARNET?! HAPPENING?!?

Wow. This is great

Hamlet

Matt Burnett (SU writer) on StevenBomb.
For those who are letting this distract them from enjoying the #StevenBomb:
Next week’s #StevenBomb is a special opportunity to showcase Steven Universe on the network in a big, blockbuster way - brand new episodes every night!

When the chance to strip new episodes across an entire week came up, the decision was made to shuffle three Season One episodes later in the air order, AFTER a two parter created to serve as a season finale. This was done for a very specific reason. These three Season One episodes (Open Book, Story for Steven and Shirt Club) are largely STAND ALONE EPISODES. These stories could fall almost anywhere in the series’ timeline and not feel out of order. They will air peppered through the very first few episodes of Season Two. Your experience of watching Steven Universe on Cartoon Network will not be diminished in the slightest by this change of episode order. For all intents and purposes, you can consider Jail Break to be the Season One finale.

In a perfect world, once you are a fan of a show, you would know NOTHING about an episode before it airs - but I realize that episodes need to be promoted and that some people are a little confused (though that confusion only comes from episode titles having leaked months ago). I promise you, if you simply turn on your TV every night this week at 5 PM and click over to Cartoon Network, you will not be confused by what you are seeing.

If, for whatever reason, this is still an issue for you, please, LET ME KNOW. I am happy to come to your house and personally destroy your television, computer, tablet and/or smart phone to save you from watching the show next week. I will legit break your stuff with my bare hands, bro. While everyone else is blown away by six amazing new episodes of Steven Universe, you can just stare at a wall and catch up on the episodes months later in the order of your choosing.

As for what the episode Full Disclosure is, I suggest you watch the episode on Friday and find out!
http://matt-burnett.tumblr.com/post/113119840091/for-those-who-are-letting-this-distract-them-from

Kangi

How did it just occur to me that
the statue hand shown in the title card and credits has a blue gem in it, as opposed to a red one like Garnet's
?

Hamlet

tumblr_nkxjosr5y61qcm2uao1_500.png

Amber Rogers! - IT’S HAPPENING!!!!!!!

Wait so the first three eps this week are essentially filler?

I'm sure they'll have something relevant to the plot, but he's taking more about the Open Book, Story for Steven and Shirt Club being pushed essentially into season 2 as they are largely standalone and can be placed anywhere. "These stories could fall almost anywhere in the series’ timeline and not feel out of order."

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I posted this to tumblr a few days ago and dannnng did it blow up:

Usually I'm lucky to get likes/reblogs in the teens, this one's sitting at over 700. Dat Steven U/blackout day trending topic synergy.

Because if Garnet is just a fusion of two other characters then she ceases to be a unique individual and she just becomes a Gestalt of two actual people. The same why I don't I really consider Opal or Sugilite as characters on the show just amalgams of Pearl/Amethyst and Amethyst/Garnet respectively.

It also seems to brake the internal logic of of the show. All Fusions that we've seen all have multiple limbs and their weapons are combination of two other weapons.

But I'm willing to keep an open mind and hope Rebecca Suger has something clever planed other then she just a fused Gem.
Anyone who just watches the show and doesn't have internet detectives pointing out the clues will think it's plenty clever and surprising. You seek out tertiary discussion on a series, theories you might not have caught onto otherwise are going to get noticed and spoiled for you, that's just the nature of fandom.

She has three eyes, she has two gems, she's larger than the other gems. There's 5 gems on the doorway 'lock' to the portal chamber despite there being 4 crystal gems opening it. The signs are all there, man.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Even "filler" episodes of the show advance the characters or reveal background information in some way. I'm sure there must be some super-irrelevant stories buried in there, but they seem to be a small minority.

KiN0

I posted this to tumblr a few days ago and dannnng did it blow up:

Usually I'm lucky to get likes/reblogs in the teens, this one's sitting at over 700. Dat Steven U/blackout day trending topic synergy.

Anyone who just watches the show and doesn't have internet detectives pointing out the clues will think it's plenty clever and surprising. You seek out tertiary discussion on a series, theories you might not have caught onto otherwise are going to get noticed and spoiled for you, that's just the nature of fandom.

She has three eyes, she has two gems, she's larger than the other gems. There's 5 gems on the doorway 'lock' to the portal chamber despite there being 4 crystal gems opening it. The signs are all there, man.

Don't forget that she also has a a famous singer for a voice actress

Leonel

Neo Member
That was a genuinely sweet episode. It's amazing to see the admiration that Pearl and Amethyst had for Rose. Now, I'd like to see Garnet's perspective.

Epcott

Whew! Caught this at my secret online cartoon spot.

So many feels. This show seems to pull on the right stings effortlessly. I keep getting a keyblade graveyard vibe from that battlefield.

ffdgh

Finally caught it. And I thought Amethyst took Rose's "Death" hard...Props to steven for not being mad at Pearl.

Finally caught it. And I thought Amethyst took Rose's "Death" hard...Props to steven for not being mad at Pearl.

especially when
she gave him the meanest stink eye I've ever seen and then didn't help him when he could have died
. Pearl is still my favorite gem though.

KiN0

Fantastic episode. Pearl continues to prove why she's the best gem.

Oh and the little bit of lore we got today was great too. It looks like the crystal gems have a lot more blood on their hands than I thought.

KiN0

I wonder how many allies they started with. Somehow I doubt it was 3 against the homeworld.

I'm sure a good number of the corrupted gems were once their allies. Based on her anger with the crystal gems and her comment to steven before leaving, I'd guess lapis was on their side as well.

rexor0717

Yeah, it makes sense. It'll be interesting to see how they end up uncorrupting some of the gems. I can't believe there is a whole nother 50+ episodes of this show in waiting.

I think this is probably the first time I've teared up when the hug happened. Cant be a SU episode without the emotional feels. Slowly establishing a timeline now. 6000 years ago, the Kindergarten was functioning and Amethyst was born, 5000 years ago was when Rose decided to stay with the other gems.

rexor0717

I think this is probably the first time I've teared up when the hug happened. Cant be a SU episode without the emotional feels. Slowly establishing a timeline now. 6000 years ago, the Kindergarten was functioning and Amethyst was born, 5000 years ago was when Rose decided to stay with the other gems.

But Amethyst wasn't there for that fight, so I wonder what she was doing in the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom