• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ survey hints at possible new features

Via Paganmoon in the 3.50 firmware thread:

Sort of unrelated, but didn't really want to create a new thread about it.

Got a PS+ Survey e-mail just now, where it's stated that they're considering adding new features to PS+ and would like feedback on them, they listed 8 features:

- Discounts on PS hardware and accessories, (controllers, and headsets)
- Monthly PS+ contests with prizes
- PS+ knowledgebase (Forum for PS+ members)
- Discounts on Sony products (TV's, cameras, smartphones)
- Discounts on lifestyle products (newspapersubscriptions, movietickets, fast food, travel fare.
- PS+ gaming tournaments with prizes.
- Free movies every month.
- Discounts on popular streamingservices (Netflix, HBO Nordic, Spotify)

Discounts on hardware sounds highly interesting to me!

I'd take a Netflix discount, though I wonder if they'd restrict you to only watching it on Sony devices to be eligible.

Tornements sounds good :)
Movies? na I'd rather have games, Unless it is additional to games then yeah, whatever :)

What about teaming up with Netflix so PS+ subs get 24 hours a month free ?

ZeroX03

Banned
A lot of those sound nice, but some are not particularly feasible outside of the biggest markets (or just the US). Would be hard to swing those discounts through every market. Movies would probably have to be Sony Pictures for easy distribution because of rights.

Rixa

Yes, vote for more competitions, where fastest bot wins something. I so hate those "Click as fast as you can in order to win something"...

Movies. If only to hear every month bitching about "oh, great, another indie flick".

This. Lol!

I like the discounts on Sony everything rather than just games. This would be a great idea and would actually expand PS+ as more than just a gaming subscription service.

Spending money to get discounts for other things you have to spend money on? No thanks.

Do you have a credit card by chance or even a store card?

Tregard

Soothsayer
I'd rather they just tried to improve the roster of games they give out each month than try and implement more features people don't particularly want.

I filled this in about an hour ago. I was pretty positive for most of the ideas except

- Discounts on lifestyle products (newspapersubscriptions, movietickets, fast food, travel fare

which don't really appeal to me.

Acidote

At this point I'd rather have them offer different tiers of PS+. Specially if they're going to include movies equivalent to the games they have been giving lately.

That way I could have the one that includes online gaming only and everyone else can enjoy the other offerings I have been disliking for the last months. Let the people who enjoys that subsidize the service if they're so happy with it.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
How would that work?

Guessing they'd be sold from specific retailers, or directly from Sony.

Also to add, I think they're very much throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. thanks for creating the topic PodcastFips.

Microsoft does hardware discounts if you got XBL via the Xbox Storefront directly, picked up a Chatpad like that earlier this year. Sony might be looking at something similar.

eFKac

Would be in on pretty much all of those, but unfortunately they sound very regional and I'm not expecting most of them to come to Poland :-(

Carl

At this point I'd rather have them offer different tiers of PS+. Specially if they're going to include movies equivalent to the games they have been giving lately.

That way I could have the one that includes online gaming only and everyone else can enjoy the other offerings I have been disliking for the last months. Let the people who enjoys that subsidize the service if they're so happy with it.

They won't do that, because most people will go for the online gaming only sub.

Lucreto

Discounts on PS hardware and accessories, (controllers, and headsets)
- Discounts on Sony products (TV's, cameras, smartphones)
- Discounts on lifestyle products (newspapersubscriptions, movietickets, fast food, travel fare.
- PS+ gaming tournaments with prizes.
- Free movies every month.
- Discounts on popular streaming services (Netflix, HBO Nordic, Spotify)

Some of those are interesting. The free movies won't work since I don't have the store. Also the only streaming services available for me is Netflix which I don't use.

Sophia

The discounts on popular streaming services would be very appealing to me, especially Spotify or Netflix.

shanafan

Hardware sounds like a great idea. People getting ready for VR need moves and a pseye

I would be pretty shocked if a PS+ membership gave you a discount on PlaystationVR or even a PS4 console. I just don't see them going that far. Maybe a discount on controllers, but no way VR.

Stranger things could happen though

EDIT: Oops, I think I misread your comment ;)

Top Bottom