• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

30th Anniversary Mario Encyclopedia coming to Europe

Raitaro

Great to see people be happy with their German versions! I completely missed the fact that this version did end up being released.

I do wish we could have some clarity on why Tokyopop was able to release the German version but not any other language versions so far. The once available, now unavailable English version mentions Dark Horse as the publisher so maybe the problem lies with them? That said, I have little knowledge about Tokyopop, including about what some are saying about them going out of business in some regions, so I wonder if they would be able to do an English version still or not.

Great that the book is released somewhere outside of Japan now though. Heck, I might pick up the German version if all else fails.

Raitaro

Thanks for the heads-up!

I almost bought the German edition yesterday when I saw it in a local German book store. What's funny is that I did check Bol.com afterwards to see if they had put up any version in the mean time, but I couldn't find any then (i.e. no Dutch, German or English version). I must have just missed the mark there.

In any case, this might be a good sign for all those waiting for the English one even though it's a bit of a letdown that (assuming the date is correct) we have to wait till February 8th 2018 before it releases when the German one is already out for a while and when the English version originally was listed for a 2017 release at Amazon before it got removed. Hopefully they held it back to include Mario Odyssey as well in the English edition - I mean, if we have to wait anyway, then that would be cool as compensation.

Top Bottom