• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

senador

Banned
Giving away PAX swag. 343 was being fairly generous with patches and posters and such, so I ended up with duplicates of a few items. I've decided to share the love and give them out to my fellow HaloGAFfers.

First up, an ONI patch. First person who answers the following question wins.

Name three weapons that are in previous Halo games, but not in Reach, that are returning in Halo 4.

Carbine, Beam Rifle, BR

Edit: Oh damn, should have waited for the poster.

VVV Nice, was just about to do that.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
More GI stuff:

Promethean Weapons:
Boltshot - Pistol
Binary Rifle - Sniper.
Incineration Cannon - High explosive. Fires several streams of explosive particles along multiple paths that detonate and spread on impact. Mixes traits of the rocket launcher, shotgun, and flame thrower.
Light Rifle - Comparable to the Human DMR and battle rifle.
Supressor - Automatic rifle. Fires bolts of charged Hardlight that pierce and destroy organic material. A favorite of the Forerunners for use against the flood.
Scattershot - Shotgun
Pulse Grenade - Creates an area of effect that slows vehicles and damages both shields and health.

I assume this isn't everything. I would expect a vehicle or two at least and some more classes of enemies.

Giving away PAX swag. 343 was being fairly generous with patches and posters and such, so I ended up with duplicates of a few items. I've decided to share the love and give them out to my fellow HaloGAFfers.

First up, an ONI patch. First person who answers the following question wins.

Name three weapons that are in previous Halo games, but not in Reach, that are returning in Halo 4.

dat poster.

f55f5f5f5ff5f555f55f

Talents

Banned
More GI stuff:

Promethean Weapons:
Boltshot - Pistol
Binary Rifle - Sniper
Incineration Cannon - High explosive. Fires several streams of explosive particles along multiple paths that detonate and spread on impact. Mixes traits of the rocket launcher, shotgun, and flame thrower.
Supressor - Automatic rifle. Fires bolts of charged Hardlight that pierce and destroy organic material. A favorite of the Forerunners for use against the flood.
Scattershot - Shotgun
Pulse Grenade - Creates an area of effect that slows vehicles and damages both shields and health.

I assume this isn't everything. I would expect a vehicle or two at least and some more classes of enemies.
Where did 4 of those come from? I've only ever heard of the LR, Boltshot, and ScatterShot.

So this is the Battlewagon?

iqLGicH9pnxC7.png
Yes.

Fighting against the Prometheans sound like a lot of fun. I was terrified when a Knight teleported directly next to me. That sound effect...

IHaveIce

Banned
Frank talks about how the Prometheans are different to fight than what we are used to. He describes a battle where a couple Knights were sniping at him so he took cover thinking he was safe but then Crawlers crawled up over the thing he was hiding from and continued attacking him. The encounters get complex and varied. Knights can spawn a Watcher off their backs. Watchers can then deploy a Hardlight Shield for the Knight, revive dead Knights, and call in Crawlers. Frank makes it sound like he doesn't think there will be a go-to strategy for beating the game on Legendary.

Between these guys and the Covenant, should make for some fun encounters.

so.. Solo Legendary will be a bitch you say?

Okay.

Situation is tentative at the moment, but at this point it seems more likely than not that I can go to NYCC. There are some details I have to work out, like whether or not I'll have to drive up to RDU to get a direct flight, but other than that I'll be pretty much set in the next few days. I'll purchase the tickets when my next paycheck comes in.

:)

TheOddOne

I hope we do get some suprises in the campaign though, I rather not have the feeling by the end of it that I already saw everything via press.

senador

Banned
So I guess battle wagon is basically the hunter.

Maybe in terms of big bad assery, but other than that not really. Big and intimidating, have hardlight shielding, Scattershot, Autosentry Turret, and the big sword arm thing they have. Since they are also a Knight, they will be very intelligent. Knights in general sound far more agile than a Hunter would be. It does say they get sent in when all else fails though.

Prometheans sound like they are going to be srs bitches to fight. Sounds exciting.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Okay.

Situation is tentative at the moment, but at this point it seems more likely than not that I can go to NYCC. There are some details I have to work out, like whether or not I'll have to drive up to RDU to get a direct flight, but other than that I'll be pretty much set in the next few days. I'll purchase the tickets when my next paycheck comes in.

:)

Nice. Keep us updated on everything.

Also, any news with your audio equipment? HaloGAF Radio will never have sounded so good lol

Gui_PT

lol. I know you're joking, but I'm going to be spreading out the giveaways so more people have a chance to win. Poster probably won't go up until tomorrow.

I know a guy with a 343 hoodie

It can be yours in exchange for the poster

You know you want this to happen

Vire

Just saw the GI issue.

Different Prometheans look really neat.

Love the design of the Watcher and Knight Lancer.

Nice. Keep us updated on everything.

Also, any news with your audio equipment? HaloGAF Radio will never have sounded so good lol

I know for sure I'll be rooming with you guys. I'll be coming in Thursday night most likely and will be leaving Sunday night.

I'll get back to you on the audio equipment. I'm not sure I can rent it out and take it to New York with me. We'll see. What I would need isn't large at all, so it'd be carry-on luggage.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I know for sure I'll be rooming with you guys. I'll be coming in Thursday night most likely and will be leaving Sunday night.

I'll get back to you on the audio equipment. I'm not sure I can rent it out and take it to New York with me. We'll see. What I would need isn't large at all, so it'd be carry-on luggage.

Oh ok. That works out fine.

Oh, I thought this was your own audio equipment. Well we'll figure it out. I'm definitely going to bring my headset just in case for whatever. Maybe my laptop

siddhu33

Promethean knights with binary rifles and Promethean vision; jackal snipers with beam rifles... Yeah, legendary halo 4 is going to be a bitch.

neoism

More GI stuff:

Promethean Weapons:
Boltshot - Pistol
Binary Rifle - Sniper.
Scattershot - Shotgun

goddamn campaign will be fun!

Oh ok. That works out fine.

Oh, I thought this was your own audio equipment. Well we'll figure it out. I'm definitely going to bring my headset just in case for whatever. Maybe my laptop

I've said it's a club's on here before. I'm an officer, so I should be able to take it, but due to the situation, the rest of them would have to approve.

I'll keep you updated. You'll know well beforehand.

Top Bottom