• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Street Fighter IV famitsu scans (new character revealed)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
haunts said:
well what I was really getting at is you cant really say if its a bad design until you actually play and get to know the character. The example I was using is Urien from 3s. You see some guy in a thong and thing "ok whatever" but in the context of the game and how he plays it actually makes sense.
Yup, I said earlier in the thread that I'll hold my judgement until I see her movements. For now I'm not feeling the character, but that can and hopefully will change in the future.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Alaluef said:
Yup, I said earlier in the thread that I'll hold my judgement until I see her movements. For now I'm not feeling the character, but that can and hopefully will change in the future.

Weren't KOF MI designs done by Falcoon? that should speak volumes about this thread. :)

Shouta said:
You know, as bad as the SF EX series was, they sure had some decent character designs. Why didn't Capcom get that guy to do designs for SFIV?

Wasn't it Edayan? At least I know he did the art but it's possible that someone else did the designs. Most of the designers left Capcom like Akiman and Bengus (cmrk) it's possible that whoever designed the EX characters which I also like a lot no longer is at Capcom.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
haunts said:
Weren't KOF MI designs done by Falcoon? that should speak volumes about this thread. :)
Yeah, I don't even think Falcoon and Daigo should be compared in any level. :lol

I really want to see Daigo's sketches of this new character, I wish the scans showed them.

KTallguy

Banned
Hard to say how she looks without seeing her in game, but very KOFish, as has been said. Then again, some of Alpha's new character designs, like Rose, Karin, and Rainbow Mika, were pretty weird designs too.

yurinka

People always bitches anything. From Street Fighter Alpha/Zero series:

ShadolooDollSquad.gif

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
yurinka said:

[IM]http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Capcom/Other/StreetFighter/SFA3/ShadolooDollSquad.gif[/IMG]
What point are you trying to make here?

yurinka

I think people sees a SNK character because her design showed in Famitsu it's very realistic, like the SNK ones. But think ok her with a style more like this (Juni design, from Street Fighter Alpha 3):
SFA3_Juli.jpg

Or with a style like Ikeno used in 3rd Strike..

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
yurinka said:

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Capcom/Other/StreetFighter/SFA3/ShadolooDollSquad.gif[/IMG]

This is true, I was just reading up on these young ladies in my Udon SF 2 Volume:Bonus stage.

ghibli99

ThirstyFly said:
The story changes every time it's told. Don't even bother trying to figure out what the truth is. Just pretend the pic is Roxy and it'll save us all a headache.
Agreed. And that new character is... bleh.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
bigdaddygamebot said:
Wow...okay. Just googled her/him.

Crazy. I guess I need to play some Final Fight games...or not.

Either way, I still might tap that...

there ya go buddy, stick to your guns-

Dali

bigdaddygamebot said:

:lol

Poison is a thread derailment goldmine.

I'll withhold judgment on the new character. The render doesn't look anything like what would be in-game, so I can't really say anything about how out of place she looks. One thing about this that has me breathing a sigh of relief is the knowledge that the women can be sexy using the games style. Once again that's assuming she'll look anything like that in-game.

I thought Ono's mission statement for Street Fighter IV was a return to the classic, iconic roster, so how does Crimson Viper fit in to the classic roster better than say Makoto or Ibuki? Their designs match the classic designs better than that, and it would be a half decent way to appease a few fans of SF3.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Do a soul calibur and get Jason bourne in this game.

Or that would be a better fit for Virtua Fighter!? I guess he can't throw lightning out of his hands.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Space A Cobra said:
Well then I guess your going to play Final Fight Revenge.....Good luck with that.

She was supposed to be in Capcom Fighting All-Stars.. but that never came out thankfully.

Her alternate outfit:
Poison-cfasaltoutfit.PNG

jaundicejuice said:
I thought Ono's mission statement for Street Fighter IV was a return to the classic, iconic roster, so how does Crimson Viper fit in to the classic roster better than say Makoto or Ibuki? Their designs match the classic designs better than that, and it would be a half decent way to appease a few fans of SF3.

I said that and people ignored me. Maybe it means that this argument is actually good?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Today has been like a bunch of fighting games constant attempt to one-up each other.

"Surprise! First new SFIV character revealed, and it looks like a female Travis Touchdown in an SNK game!"

"SURPRISE! Captain Olimar is in Smash Bros Brawl!"

"DOUBLE SURPRISE! Darth Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur IV!"

I kinda wish that someone else had come out and one-upped Namco. :\

fernoca

Really nice so far..reminds me a lot of 'III'/Third Trike..
Hope it has a soundtrack close to the one in Third's Strike too..

The new female charatcer looks out of place, but then taking in consideration that the last boss of 'III' was a "blonde guy half red and half blue"....hmm....I don't mind..looks cool though. :p

fernoca

Crushed said:
I kinda wish that someone else had come out and one-upped Namco. :\
Well, don't worry..
Namco punched themselves when they also revealed that Vader is only on the PS3 version and Yoda on the 360 version..

dfyb said:
typically you'd want to lead with your best foot forward. it's not like we've already been shown a few awesome designs and with this one we can just say "can't win em all". this game's been showing us questionable choices every step of the way and this is just making it worse.

SFIV should have been an epic announcement and absolutely NOTHING i've seen has actually impressed me.
Questionable choices every step of the way? You gotta be kidding me. Tell me besides a few scans what have we seen or know about? Exactly, nothing.

How can anyone possibly bitch over the look of a character in a fighting game? That's batshit insane.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looks surprisingly good. GAF overreacts as usual. Good job.

Top Bottom